Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,654 members, 7,878,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:28 AM

Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. (21790 Views)

Funsho Fayose And Oluwakemi Owolabi Pre-Wedding Pictures / Femi Fani-Kayode & Zainab Bagudu, Kebbi First Lady At Loggerheads On Twitter / APC Governors, Power Brokers At Loggerheads Over Direct Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by SirToby(m): 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
The lingering crisis between Gov. Fayose and those in charge of filling stations in Ekiti State has resulted in a situation whereby there is a high demand for black market fuel due to the fact that all filling stations has been shut down since the beginning of the crisis. some are travelling to nearby Akure to procure fuel. The rumours spreading everywhere is that Gov. Fayose ordered the filling station owners to be paying a tax of 100 Million Naira, i don't know how true is it though. May God Intervene.

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by sukkot: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
cool stuff
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Le2money(m): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lemme come and Be Going before I comment

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Flywillz93(m): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by bandol(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
pathetic! the masses are suffering while some people are still claiming supremacy.... sad undecided undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by musco4me: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
[center][/center] grin
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Nogodye(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Since...Fayose has been making the state unbearable for the commoners.Instead of addressing this he is busy critizing the FG...Worst governor ever.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by seunmsg(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Fayose: Buhari and APC are responsible for the fuel crisis in Ekiti. It is Buhari's evil attempt to undermine the Fayose government for constantly criticizing the federal government. In fact, Buhari must resign so that fuel can be available again in Ekiti. grin grin grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Most states are running low on cash, especially since the fall in oil prcies means that allocations from Abuja are failling.

So the only option is to tax, and tax and raise taxes.

Gov Fayose is a funny governor...but he has no choice. Unless oil goes up to $100 again....it is either he raises taxes....or he cuts jobs in the civil service plus government services.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by ekems2017(f): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
I don't believe that he can ask the marketers to cough out a whopping sum of 100m to pay tax. Where does he want them to get that kind of money from.

Maybe there is more to their loggerheads than what is speculating.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by akpesir67(m): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
This man sef...he's always on the spotlight

1 Like

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by etzskillz(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
I av nothing to say

d person below me to say something
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
seunmsg:
Buhari and APC are responsible for the crisis.

No they are not....state governments don't have access to the cash they used to.

The same thing is happening in Benue State...to the point that Dangote...who owns a large cement factory there...complained.

States have got no choice. In 2013...oil was at $100 and above. Now it is at $50 US dollars.Ekiti isn't getting enough money like it used to.
Only option...raise taxes. Or start sacking workers(and suffer the fate Bisi Akande did in 2003...sacked excess workers in Osun...got voted out).

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by SexyNairalander: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
booked
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by jomoh: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
oshokomale
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Newbiee: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
A Governor that invest in stomach infrastructure only, that one na Governor?

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by semyman: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
This nuisance should just be kicked out of Ekiti State house for crying out loud

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by cutetopsey(f): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
God will save us in this country
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Why on earth should i pay for instagram account? They dey go heaven throu there?
Not for you Bro. Those that knows it's use will contact.
Thanks.
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Hemstone(m): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
OP is a bloody liar.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by doctokwus: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
What do u expect when a tout becomes a governor.
It's like installing the notorious Oshodi NURTW chairman,Oluomo,the governor of Lagos State!
Ekitians don't deserve Fayose,but they av made us bliv they embrace and adore him.Let them continue adoring him till he decides he is thru with them.

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Becoted001(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
He asked them to insure their filling station due to the Incident that happened early this year

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Nogodye(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
ekems2017:
I don't believe that he can ask the marketers to cough out a whopping sum of 100m to pay tax. Where does he want them to get that kind of money from.

Maybe there is more to their loggerheads that what is speculating.

Yeah...Tax couple with what the governor called illegal erection of petrol station in some areas in the state but the question now is who gave them approval from the government in the first place to commence the so called by the governor illegal building...

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Adieza(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
I bought My petrol at Irun Akoko yesterday. So bad. Spent over 700 as transport.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by Splashme: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
I trust Fayose.
He will address the situation
Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by sekundosekundo: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nogodye:
Since...Fayose has been making the state unbearable for the commoners.Instead of addressing this he is busy critizing the FG...Worst governor ever.

Since... Buhari has been making the country unbearable for the commoners.Instead of addressing this he is busy criticising GEJ...Worst president ever.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Fayose And Petrol Sellers At Loggerheads, Black Market Takes Over. by ioreth69(f): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
DONSMITH123:

Why on earth should i pay for instagram account? They dey go heaven throu there?
I wonder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

High School Student Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Unwanted Pregnancy / Tanker On Fire On Marina Bridge / Umahi Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.