Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,164 members, 7,903,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:22 PM

My Fate On Tuesday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Fate On Tuesday (628 Views)

My Fate, My Destiny - Episode 11 / My Fate, My Destiny - Episode 8 / Twist Of Fate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Fate On Tuesday by Blessinzy(f): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
*MY FATE ON TUESDAY*

I woke up this morning to the reality of having no kobo on me. Not even a torn N5. I took my mobile phone with the hope of calling my relatives for cash but it quickly dawned on me that my battery had gotten drained. I knew PHCN wouldn't be supplying light anytime soon because it rained yesterday and it's their everyday culture to delay power supply whenever it rained. What do I do now?

I quickly carried my cup of urine outside(cos I live in a single room), swept my surroundings, without brushing my teeth, I wore my shirt and skirt, took my extension, my 'follow come' charger, my mobile phone and off I went to campus 2. The school generator is usually switched on from 6am to 7:30am.

I entered one of empty classes adjacent the faculty of Art auditorium, plugged my extension on an already occupied wall socket, plugged the innocent looking guy's charger on my extension alongside mine, then I started charging my phone even before other 'I want to charge' students started plugging their chargers on the extension without seeking my permission.

At 7:30 am prompt, they switched off the school generator and I left for my hostel with the 37% on my battery bar. On getting home, I quickly bought N100 MTN card on credit from Mama Rukky, my neighbor, then I started my quest for getting money.

The first person I called was my younger brother who lives in Lagos, for he had promised to send me money this week.

"Oh! I am sorry Blessing, I am at work already, I will try to see what I can do before the week runs out' I quickly pressed the red button.

'That boy too stingy, God forbid, na so so promise and fail...' I lamented even as I dialled my father's number.

'Hello dad, good morning! Please I'm dying of hunger. I don't have any money now on me, even food stuffs sef, I don't have...'

"Awww... Blessing my daughter, I understand you dear but there is this money I'm expecting but it's not come. I don't have any money now on me but I will speak to your mother though she is not at home now but I am sure she will have small money on her".

Another uncertain promise! What to do? That was how I kept calling all my close relatives yet there was no positive response.

Is everyone broke in this country??

Even when telling them that I have not eaten today, no one cares, everyone is busy with their own problem.

It was half past twelve,when my mother called to inform me that she just sent me some cash.

"Blessing, I just sent you two thousand naira, please manage it, there is no money yet".

Going to market with 2k these days is like going with nothing but half bread they say is better than none. I smiled and greeted her. We should be grateful at all time.

Menh..life is hard and difficult..

I have looked for job countless times at Abraka where my school is suited but all my efforts to get one proved abortive. That town is quack

Please if you see any job..alert me!
#intelligentsia
My name is *Akpobi Blessing Akpevwe*!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

‘I Was A Teacher For 17 Years, But I Couldn’t Read Or Write’ / Are You Good At At Writing Crime Thriller? Have Got A Job For You. / -----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.