Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,615 members, 7,941,364 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area (943 Views)

Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki / See The Toilet A Local Government Chairman Built And Commissioned In Lagos (phot / Senator Dino Melaye Eating At A Local Restaurant (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by codest(m): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hi all, I want to repair some deteriorated roads in my area here in Lagos. These roads have been abandoned for years and I want to fix them (i.e make them motor-able), but before I embark on this project, I would like to know if there are any government permissions or licenses that I would need to carry out the project.

Thanks
Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by codest(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by codest(m): 5:36am On Jun 04, 2017
sa
Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by dadebayo1(m): 6:02am On Jun 04, 2017
codest:
Hi all, I want to repair some deteriorated roads in my area here in Lagos. These roads have been abandoned for years and I want to fix them (i.e make them motor-able), but before I embark on this project, I would like to know if there are any government permissions or licenses that I would need to carry out the project.

Thanks

If it belongs to the state approach director of works ministry pf works state secretariat.. If it belongs to the local government approach the local government... But if you feel it will be too stressful to do all that because the bureaucracy with government office please just go ahead and fix the road they will contact you once contractor is mobilized then you can discuss... But to make it faster you can do it through your resident association... Welldone sir
Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by NextGovernor(m): 6:39am On Jun 04, 2017
codest:

Thanks

My brother continue without permission. Becos of envy and politics that is why my former Street is still not motor-able till today.

The man went to state government to get permission nazo them dribble am and delay this man tire. Though he is not a politician just becos his friends are top men in opposition.

If he had started that road before seeking for approval, the government would have granted it or rather nobody will sue u for that good gesture becos the masses will revote against it.

1 Like

Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by doingood: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2017
That's why Lagos roads are bad and have d highest traffic in Nigeria. Once u want to fix a road in Lagos. Omo-onile will ask u to pay them huge amount, the local govt will stop u and balle of that land will prevent u too. The eat from d road as every year they'll take money from d govt to fix the road and put in their pockets. The govt of Lagos state has to do some thing about this issue. Its a very serious issue. Once God has bless u enough u can fix any road and govt should give such person an award.

1 Like

Re: What Permissions And Licences Do I Need To Repair A Local Road In My Area by dadavivo: 8:03am On Jun 04, 2017
doingood:
That's why Lagos roads are bad and have d highest traffic in Nigeria. Once u want to fix a road in Lagos. Omo-onile will ask u to pay them huge amount, the local govt will stop u and balle of that land will prevent u too. The eat from d road as every year they'll take money from d govt to fix the road and put in their pockets. The govt of Lagos state has to do some thing about this issue. Its a very serious issue. Once God has bless u enough u can fix any road and govt should give such person an award.
I saw this for the first time in festac town. Eco bank fixed the road in front of their bank and the LG chairman ordered for the road to be scattered. They award that particular spot as contract every year. So if Eco bank fixed it, no money for the boys then.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Fashola Meets With Power Sector Operators / QUESTION: For How Long Can Buhari Stay In London And Remain President? / President Buhari Welcome Back To Nigeria Cartoon Video Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.