Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,784 members, 7,889,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:55 PM

Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read (579 Views)

Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order / South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
The House of Representative was, Thursday, thrown into a rowdy session after members, particularly those outside the South-East region, disagreed on a bill seeking to establish the South-East Development Commission over its timing, leading to it being stepped down.

The lawmakers who disagreed argued that much consultations were not carried out before the bill was presented to the house.

The development which angered the South-East lawmakers saw them immediately voicing their displeasure over the development.

The South-East Development Commission if established would be charged with the responsibility, among other things, to receive and manage fund from allocation of the Federation Account for the development, reconstruction, and rehabilitation of roads, houses and other infrastructure, as well as tackle the menace of poverty, ecological problems and any other related environmental or developmental challenges in the South-East states and for other related matters (HB 915).

While leading the debate on the bill, Honourable Chukwuka Onyema said the commission is one of unity and inclusiveness, and has the potential to douse all tension and agitations in the South-East region.

However, when the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara put the question, the nay sayers got the majority and it was stepped down.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/breaking-reps-reject-bill-establish-south-east-development-commission/
Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
I just watched the Rowdy session on Channels TV. Senators from the south are the greatest mumu and fools I have ever seen in my life. Imagine, Southern senators voted in favor of the North East Development Commission bill. 3% of revenues generated from the South West, South South and South East will be used to re-develop the NE. Now, it was time for the Northern senators to return the favor, they all voted against the South East Development Bill.

I wrote this not because I care about the SE but I know similar thing would have occur if it was a SW development bill. The special status bill for Lagos state that was shot down comes to mind.

North will continue to fccckk all of us.

Bleep one Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Karlman: 7:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Flatties: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin
Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Alisegun(m): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin
Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Fremancipation: 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Even stronger weapons just handed to IPOB. Good job senate.
Re: Breaking: Reps Reject Bill To Establish South-east Development Commission Read by Mynd44: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2017

(1)

2017 Budget: Presidency, NASS Flex Muscles Over 400 ‘strange Projects’ / Can Nigeria Youth Read This Before Supporting Nigeria Break Up / Photos From Osinbajo's Meeting With Leaders Of Thought From Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.