Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,280 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:46 AM

'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun (33251 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand / Minister Kemi Adeosun Spotted With Buhari Amid NYSC Certificate Forgery. Photos / Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by aromonday(m): 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
Madam.... How will you say you THINK.....
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sorry no vex bros. the error na out of anger.
castrokins:
True, But She Could Only Have Confirmed Her Incompetence

1 Like

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Keneeby(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
agbangam:
God bless u Ma... Thank God for bringing ur like else we for be like Venezuela by now cos dat was where PDP, Igbos n their Hero "Mr Stealing is not Corruption" were taking us to.

So stealing means corruption in your dictionary abi?
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Rick9(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
Go to the market and see for yourself.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Elaibedouglas: 10:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
dont think be sure
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by bigblackbeautif: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Blonde bimbo!! need I say more?
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by swegiedon(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Keep on thinking undecided undecided
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by tunebob(m): 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Nnamddi:
Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Minister of finance, has said, she 'thinks' Nigeria is getting of recession.

Nigeria's economy officially entered recession last year and with Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari's ill health, there is no sign of Africa's most populous country getting out of it.

Nigerians are suffering the effects of the economic crisis with prices of goods and services almost increasing by more than 300% in the markets.

Speaking with ChannelsTV on Friday, June 2nd, Kemi Adeosun said, statistics showed Nigeria is getting out of recession.

In her words; "I think we are getting out of recession. All the statistics seems to suggest that but more importantly, we are getting on the path of growth that will be sustainable so we can see a future for Nigeria. So I think it is getting better. We inherited a lot of problems. The Nigerian economy didn’t just need a little bit of fix here and there but needed radical surgery and to heal it will take a little bit longer” she said

http://www.naijahelm.com.ng/2017/06/think-nigeria-is-getting-out-of.html?m=1

Nigeria is getting used to recession instead
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by cyndylove64(f): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
My dear go and check when buhari was head of state,nigeria entered recession,is it dat recession was also caused by jonathan then too cause gej was not even in politics then...NOI WARNED US TO SAVE WHAT HAPPENED THE CABALS AND GREEDY POLITICIANS REFUSED.is it not this same kemi dat said recession is just a word"if recession is a word how come she is now thinking we are getting out of recession.the recession she said was a WORD
agbangam:

****Ur World bank minister Mrs gele left our economy in a terrible state, she left 27 state in total bad state cos dey cudn't pay salaries, our civil service was filled wit ghost workers and she cudn't advice Mr stealing is not corruption to save during d time of oil boom. When things became so bad due to fall of oil prices Madam world bank told us to prepare ourselves for Austerity measures which are presently facing and i am so sure she knew we wud find ourselves in dis recession dat was y she pleaded so badly to GEJ to make dat call.
Madam Kemi is seriously cleaning her mess, raising monies to bail out states owing salaries (well their thieving governors still no gree pay dem) and she sent packiNg over 27000 ghost workers. Madam Kemi is doing her best to bring us out of dis recession only dat children of hate from d rising watever with their blank heads will never see anything gud in her. God bless u Ma, gradually we will all surmount dis challenging period.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by otokx(m): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
Looks like its the direct opposite of what she said.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by continentalceo(m): 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
agbangam:

****Ur World bank minister Mrs gele left our economy in a terrible state, she left 27 state in total bad state cos dey cudn't pay salaries, our civil service was filled wit ghost workers and she cudn't advice Mr stealing is not corruption to save during d time of oil boom. When things became so bad due to fall of oil prices Madam world bank told us to prepare ourselves for Austerity measures which are presently facing and i am so sure she knew we wud find ourselves in dis recession dat was y she pleaded so badly to GEJ to make dat call.
Madam Kemi is seriously cleaning her mess, raising monies to bail out states owing salaries (well their thieving governors still no gree pay dem) and she sent packiNg over 27000 ghost workers. Madam Kemi is doing her best to bring us out of dis recession only dat children of hate from d rising watever with their blank heads will never see anything gud in her. God bless u Ma, gradually we will all surmount dis challenging period.

I don't insult on nairaland but for you I'm willing to make an exception, you are blind FOOL!
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Henon: 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
agbangam:

U are stu.pid, Ipod youth dat will never have sense, she is doing her best to bring us out of dis recession cos by dat Otuoeke dullard.
During d economic melt down and a drop in price of crude oil 2008, Nigerians didn't feel it so much cos late President Yaradua had a gud savings to fall back to. OBJ saved but Jona did wat shared everything to his gang of looters and u know wat we are all suffering from GEJ bad govt. just like wat d Venezuelans are passing thru cos President Maduro refused to save rather him and his gangs looted their treasury. U better be greatful to God for bringing dis woman our way.
How did you auction your brain?
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
You think? Keep thoughting!
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by chaotik(m): 12:03am On Jun 03, 2017
You think? You must be very mad and u have no one to tell u. Pls where is dat odunlade adekola pinchure abeg
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by nenergy(m): 12:22am On Jun 03, 2017
greatgod2012:
Why has this woman continue disgracing herself like this

A minister thinking, not even in the know!!
That's how she said publicly that she didn't know what a particular loan was used for!

Like someone said, APC..... a party of people with no bearing!

Smh.....
Nigeria lacks good leaders, its not an APC or PDP issue. Let's flush out the old cargoes and give younger minds a chance.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 03, 2017
emmasege:
You have confirmed your INCOMPETENCE. There's a difference between incompetence and incompetent. One is an adjective while the other is a noun. I just confirmed your incompetence also.

Oyinbo, abeg spare the guy grammer for nau.
The situation in the country is enough to make people make worst mistake.
Madam should not be thinking when the country is sinking o jare

1 Like

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by lexy2014: 1:44am On Jun 03, 2017
emmasege:
You have confirmed your INCOMPETENCE. There's a difference between incompetence and incompetent. One is an adjective while the other is a noun. I just confirmed your incompetence also.
what he was trying 2 say is that d woman's incompetence is infectious
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by lexy2014: 1:48am On Jun 03, 2017
nenergy:

Nigeria lacks good leaders, its not an APC or PDP issue. Let's flush out the old cargoes and give younger minds a chance.
u right bro but kemi is a young lady.buhari just gave d fine girl a job she nos little about.commissioner of finance no b d same as minister of finance.after taking almost a year 2 appoint ministers this is d best he could come up with

2 Likes

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by opribo(m): 3:12am On Jun 03, 2017
How did we get to this point, and to recall that these are the quality of ministers Bubu wasted our precious time for seven months to produce. How can a minister of finance with access to all financial information at her finger tips be making such comments on TV. How can you be thinking rather than assuring us that based on the available metrics by so and so time recession will end. You come on TV to talk like a joker. SMH for you minister indeed.

1 Like

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by rtnation(m): 3:21am On Jun 03, 2017
[b][/b]Oops... She is still a learner in political lies,or maybe she dey fast,so she just decided to lie indirectly

You dont bake a cake without sugar,thats what Nigerians believe and want to believe(well refined nd polished lies)
SmhOops... She is still a learner in political lies,or maybe she dey fast,so she just decided to lie indirectly

You dont bake a cake without sugar,thats what Nigerians believe and want to believe(well refined nd polished lies)
Smh
Oops... She is still a learner in political lies,or maybe she dey fast,so she just decided to lie indirectly

Smh
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Mustay(m): 5:18am On Jun 03, 2017
proffemi:

The title of this thread is misleading and mischievous.

She has an opinion based on the proper statistical measures (hint: "...all the statistics seems to suggest that..." ).
You want her to make a more confident declaration when the trends in the stats are not cut-and-dried??

I can understand folks like Wisebird22 getting excited; they probably came to this thread as I did: expecting to see how Adeosun messed up. Well, she didn't, so please edit this dishonest title!

This thread just shows you what happens in typical newspaper stands in Nigeria - headline discussions. I deliberately read through the thread to see if there's still hope in Nigeria and your comment proved me right.

What's evident from responses in this thread is that Nigerians are not apolitical when it comes to analysis. It will be unfair to analyse her statement based on "I think" when the follow-up statements made sense. NBS came out the other day to announce that only NBS can officially declare us out of recession but you see proffemi, we have those who are ignorant and simply hate the government irrespective of whatever is said and those who know better but political bias will spur them to pander on unnecessary vile against Adeosun.

I see nothing wrong in her statement and the comments (though everyone is entitled to his or her opinion) insulting her show the level of maturity and analysis we have on NL today.

1 Like

Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by marv1: 6:55am On Jun 03, 2017
Children of hate will never like this because they have no clue that recession does not come in one day or one month or one year. Neither does it go in in one , or one. month or one year. Get was a lucky man because he had enough funds to push the economy and to give looters around him . But the flat heads without brain Will never believe because they are despicable bigots with no good intention. That a bag of rice was not sold #20000 during GEJ does not mean all was well. Flat heads have failed to ask questions about all the funds saved during Obasanjo tenure in excess crude oil account and the foreign reserve account running into Billions of dollars that was depleted by GEJ.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by wolu4: 7:02am On Jun 03, 2017
agbangam:

U are stu.pid, Ipod youth dat will never have sense, she is doing her best to bring us out of dis recession cos by dat Otuoeke dullard.
During d economic melt down and a drop in price of crude oil 2008, Nigerians didn't feel it so much cos late President Yaradua had a gud savings to fall back to. OBJ saved but Jona did wat shared everything to his gang of looters and u know wat we are all suffering from GEJ bad govt. just like wat d Venezuelans are passing thru cos President Maduro refused to save rather him and his gangs looted their treasury. U better be greatful to God for bringing dis woman our way.
why are you disgracing yourself Uptill now you still have not received sense , hmmmmmmmmmmm this is serious oooo
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2017
you think? this woman izza fool
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by jude90(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2017
She thinks not that's she know
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by pat1612(m): 8:37am On Jun 03, 2017
You think tongue
Finance minister is not sure what kind of finance minister is that angry
Its true that god is running this country for masses and for politician appointed are busy running their business. sad
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by mekusa12: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2017
If by this time, she is thinking then there is problem in this nation.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by highness25(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Nnamddi:
Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Minister of finance, has said, she 'thinks' Nigeria is getting of recession.

Nigeria's economy officially entered recession last year and with Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari's ill health, there is no sign of Africa's most populous country getting out of it.

Nigerians are suffering the effects of the economic crisis with prices of goods and services almost increasing by more than 300% in the markets.

Speaking with ChannelsTV on Friday, June 2nd, Kemi Adeosun said, statistics showed Nigeria is getting out of recession.

In her words; "I think we are getting out of recession. All the statistics seems to suggest that but more importantly, we are getting on the path of growth that will be sustainable so we can see a future for Nigeria. So I think it is getting better. We inherited a lot of problems. The Nigerian economy didn’t just need a little bit of fix here and there but needed radical surgery and to heal it will take a little bit longer” she said

http://www.naijahelm.com.ng/2017/06/think-nigeria-is-getting-out-of.html?m=1
this woman if not that you're my crush, I'd say you're wicked.
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by shollex52(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2017
i so much hate the word "i think"
Re: 'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun by akaahs(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2017
Minister of English serving as mminist of finance is still thinking whether d zooo is moving out of recession. Kontinue thinking

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kano Indigenes Climb A Building To Wave At President Buhari (Photos) / I Didn't Collect Bribe From Contractor – Ganduje / How DSS Operative Shot Aso Rock Staff At Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.