Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,121 members, 7,900,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 01:40 AM

What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? (603 Views)

What Is Depression And How Do You Know That You Are Depressed? / Why So Many People Are Depressed / Pregnant And Depressed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
pls, tell me, because i am currently, in a state of depression.... and I hate it....

whenever I am depressed, all I do all day is operate my phone till the last bar, I am a phone freak though, so, whenever there is no phone... I start to think sad...
i start to think evil things..

Pls, I need candid advices...

lalasticlala mynd44 pls help push this where I get quick responses..
Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by hodusglobal(m): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=Vicoch post=57127925]pls, tell me, because i am currently, in a state of depression.... and I hate it....

whenever I am depressed, all I do all day is operate my phone till the last bar, I am a phone freak though, so, whenever there is no phone... I start to think sad...
i start to think evil things..

Pls, I need candid advices...

I'm also a phone freak person. Whenever there's a depression for me, I always makes prayer to the Lord.
Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by youngest85(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
Take orijin and weed
Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by Marvel1206: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Since you are a phone freak, start watching motivational videos. Joel Osteen n co

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by Berbierklaus(f): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Your are addicted to your gadget,I used to be like you until u cultivate interest for other things, now I can do with out my phone for a whole week and still be happy...

You need to ask yourself,what do you like doing apart from been on your phone,is it cooking? Going out?reading? Etc.
Start doing them once in a while even when your phone is with you,sometimes go out without your phone just forget it at home,with time and discipline you should be able to overcome that addiction or better still go for therapy,this is the adverse effect of social media and games.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by theodara001(f): 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
You could pick up your pen and paper and write down your thought or either take a walk away from your imidiate environt.
Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by MrsMurphy(f): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Re: What Do You Do When You Are Depressed? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
#1 meditation/yoga (increases your ability to control your mind/thought.
2: Gym/exercise
3: Chamomile tea (careful not to get addicted to drinking tea)
4 eat right
5 do those things you love eg watch football/go out often/read books/watch funny youtube vedeos
6 music (when ever you alone in the house/room, ensure there is music playing in the background.

Frankly, #1 and #2 can be able to handle it for you. In my case, though not depression but use to suffer chronic insomnia. 1 and 2 are doing it for me. No im getting concerned i sleep too much..

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Cut Your Vegetables In The Market And Three Other Ways To Ensure You Are.. / Can I Get Married To My Best Friend's Ex / Family Business Going Sour. Please HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.