Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,551 members, 7,944,638 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video (9300 Views)

#lifeafterreturningstolenpublicfunds – Nigerian Twitter Users Taunt Rich Kids Of / Child slavery used for camel racing in UAE / Rich Kids Joy Riding In Abuja Killing/injuring Poor Bystanders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DrKnow1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
You will be surprised that joyriding exists in Abuja like in many other cities of the world. But how could people afford to indulge in such a dangerous senseless act in Nigeria, a country where majority of the people live in poverty.

[flash=535,325]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/FKtZVK1S0RE[/flash]
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DrKnow1(m): 5:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Bad import! display of ill-gotten wealth
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ziga: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
I can't believe people can be so stupid.

Standing on the side of the road with people stunting.

Everything no be homevideo ooo.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2010
Pfft, the drifers do not know how to drift or power slide. Even the J-turn reeks of amateurish characteristics.

This is bad journalism at least, wtf do street racing/drifting have to do with poverty? Give me a break, there are other things the reporter to compare it to if he is hell bent on making a point. I.e money embezzled by politicians instead of using it for intended purpose.

For the record, the proper term is Drift/street racing, not Joyriding. Joyriding is when a car is stolen - usually by a teenager - and just takes it around for a ride and then dumps it on a street corner. Yeye reporter.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DrKnow1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^^^
These cars are usually taken without the permission of their parents. Any way the cars are usually bought with stolen money.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by blacksta(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
Did anybody see the part when the car crashed into a crowd of people - Na wa o
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by westbuoi(m): 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Bros wetin dis doc do u?we all learn,un- learn and re-learn everyday.easy na!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
Dr Know:

^^^^^
These cars are usually taken without the permission of their parents. Any way the cars are usually bought with stolen money.

I see what you mean, but the way it was used by the reporter is wrong. Joyriding is just car theft by a teenage for the sole purpose of thrills and then dropping it in a corner.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by saintneo(m): 5:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
New hobbies for the Muttallabs
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
looks very dangerous.

are they trying to start nascar in Nigeria?

why dont these kids play polo instead.

maybe they have rich relatives abroad btw.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by CyberG: 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
Naija. . .the country of the incredible! Major road 'closed' by people to stunt with their cars? See how people were killed. . .and all this is happening in a place where there is a 'government'?? Well, a failed government couldn't do worse!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
CyberG:

Naija. . .the country of the incredible! Major road 'closed' by people to stunt with their cars? See how people were killed. . .and all this is happening in a place where there is a 'government'?? Well, a failed government couldn't do worse!

Your view is on the wrong side. In the US ad UK, roads, car parks et al are locked for the purposes of illegal street drag race from time to time and hell yeah accident do occur. There are laws here, but it still happens. You see, that do not make Nigeria a failed state. wink
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by CyberG: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
ElRazur:

Your view is on the wrong side. In the US ad UK, roads, car parks et al are locked for the purposes of illegal street drag race from time to time and hell yeah accident do occur. There are laws here, but it still happens. You see, that do not make Nigeria a failed state. wink

Not interested in getting into a back-and-forth with this issue but my views are in ORDER. Give any example of any place in the US that you mentioned where a road in the core of the central area (or leading into a central business district of any state capital, heck the capital of a country) is cordoned-off illegally for the purpose of car stunts?? Meanwhile, regular vehicular traffic of people going about their business is present on the same road? This is lawlessness and of such a high magnitude indeed!

1 Like

Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by chosen04(f): 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
=====This is Nigeria. The poor watch and gets killed by the rich.

They live and enjoy their ill gotten wealth and we get killed.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Beaf: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
[size=14pt]Bloody Mutallabs![/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by ElRazur: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2010
CyberG:

Not interested in getting into a back-and-forth with this issue but my views are in ORDER. Give any example of any place in the US that you mentioned where a road in the core of the central area (or leading into a central business district of any state capital, heck the capital of a country) is cordoned-off illegally for the purpose of car stunts?? Meanwhile, regular vehicular traffic of people going about their business is present on the same road? This is lawlessness and of such a high magnitude indeed!

Okay, let us not argue. My point is that, the example you gave do make Nigeria a failed state. After all, same/similar thing happens in places that are meant to be a proper state. That is my point sir.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
What's with the rich are killing the poor statement? undecided Did they beg them to stay on the road?
You see people driving like craze people and you went to stand and look?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by DrKnow1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
stillwater:

What's with the rich are killing the poor statement? undecided Did they beg them to stay on the road?

Gbam
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by chosen04(f): 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
stillwater:

Poor judgement!

As at the last time i checked. The poor still had the right to stand/use the pedestrian part of the road
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Gekko(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
I find this extremely disturbing.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by bawomolo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
stillwater:

abi o, lukman go become deadman
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by proudly9ja(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
Stupid thing to do in a 'lawless' country.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by superboi(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
Please don't critize their parent,they are from good families like mutallab,according to aunty dora. If na poor man pikin na miscrant
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Ibime(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
hahahahahaha. . . . . Port Harcourt boyz have been doing this in UDSS since the late 1980's. . . .screeching parties and all that. . . .  Abuja boys are nearly 20 years late. . . . nouveau riche mothaphockas!. . . . they are not used to having money. . . .
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
Barbaric. Pure barbaric. There is no regulation or security. Who said they are rich? with those jagajaga cars. The ones in Port Harcourt are safe and regulated. Yes the streets get closed down but they don't drive in to people or try to crash into each other. It strictly stunts in which only the driver is in danger and not spectators.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2010
why should anyone from anywhere in Nigeria joyride when others are suffering?
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by proudly9ja(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2010
The ones I detest most are the Unilag students who do it on campus. Any one who has been to Unilag will know that thosed roads are too small to drive normally talk less of practising your F1 skills. Many times one wakes up in the morning to go to school only to see a gory accident.
Appalling!
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by sjeezy8: 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
those hausa kids are enjoyin i dont blame them.

except they are extremely st.pid for putting others lives at risk
they get that trash from the saudis and in dubai places like that.
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by presido1: 7:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
ElRazur:

Are you serious? grin grin grin
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by mamagee3(f): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Bunch of spoilt brats. angry angry
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by xterra2(m): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
You have only one life to live
When you are that age 18-26 you have to ROCK life,afterall you cant go back to enjoy life,or do that(joyriding) if you are like 30 or 40 ,
But now,it has stopped,after an accident which killed people the matter went to the IG's office and viola no having entertaintment or killing people(which one).
It is not only nigerians that do that,the person is the E-class E240 is a foreigner(4gotten his name and nationality), Others are from rich people not Politicians who have influence .If for example it is FCT ministers son who can stop the race,or Agric ministers son The IG would be told to do nothing,
It is also dangerous about 3 of my friends cars got spoilt,
Lyk is said,politicians children are not involved,believe me i know like 70% of the people and i get gist about the remaining 30%
Re: Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video by An0nimus: 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
@u
if person de drive ruff come ya side.de dia de claim right,u hear?
@topic
too much grand tourismo,need for speed,burnout and grand theft auto nai de cause all dis rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Never Slept With Any Man For Money - Linda Ikeji / Enugu: Why We Should Pray For Senator Hyde Onuaguluchi - Comrade Emma Udemezue J / 2023: MASSOB, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slam Uwazuruike For Endorsing Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.