Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,295 members, 7,971,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:12 PM

Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable (535 Views)

Attention Ndi Igbo!! / Biafra: Igbo's Can Never Get Biafra And They Will Not Get Any Good Appointment F / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable by sonsomegrigbo: 11:55am On Jun 03, 2017
In the past week, I was in the hive of a conversation on Biafra – that is, on if the dream of an independent state of the southeast as conceived by some Igbo is “live or jive”.

In the dialogue, the obverse character told me that the actualisation of the “Igbo dream” was a fait accompli.

I challenged the kernel of his argument, and I suggested that the Igbo nation might be in a better place if Nigeria was restructured along regional lines. But I emphasised that to achieve this or for the Igbo to get up from the political canvas, they need the Yoruba. “It has become a matter of delicate necessity,” I said. “The Igbo are politically in the intensive care unit.”

But my Biafra friend went into an impassioned twaddle of how the Yoruba are “unreliable, ambivalent and deceptive”. At this point I knew there was no salvation here. I botched the broach.

Re: Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable by conductor3: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
[s]
sonsomegrigbo:
In the past week, I was in the hive of a conversation on Biafra – that is, on if the dream of an independent state of the southeast as conceived by some Igbo is “live or jive”.

In the dialogue, the obverse character told me that the actualisation of the “Igbo dream” was a fait accompli.

I challenged the kernel of his argument, and I suggested that the Igbo nation might be in a better place if Nigeria was restructured along regional lines. But I emphasised that to achieve this or for the Igbo to get up from the political canvas, they need the Yoruba. “It has become a matter of delicate necessity,” I said. “The Igbo are politically in the intensive care unit.”

But my Biafra friend went into an impassioned twaddle of how the Yoruba are “unreliable, ambivalent and deceptive”. At this point I knew there was no salvation here. I botched the broach.
[/s]
Won't bother to read trash you wrote there until you reveal your identity?

Are you a sudanese descendant or part of those that fell from the sky? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable by Desyner: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Another southern rivalry thread.
Re: Attention Ndi Igbo: To Get Biafra, Presidency, The Yoruba Are Indispensable by akinszz: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
conductor3:
[s][/s]
Won't bother to read trash you wrote there until you reveal your identity?

Are you a sudanese descendant or part of those that fell from the sky? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Health Saga Points To What Will Transpire In 2019 / Gov.seriake Dickson And Wife,rachael Dedicate Their Quadruplets In Church (pics) / NAIJA NEWSPAPERS: Today's Daily Times Newspaper Headlines [5th June, 2017].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.