Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

Reducing Road And Cabin Noise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reducing Road And Cabin Noise (1920 Views)

10 Ways Of Reducing Road Traffic Accidents / Guy Crushes Audi All Road And Kia Spectra With A Landrover Defender / 52,000 Porsche Macan Recalled Due To Fuel Odour In The Cabin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
hello house, I think the need has risen for us to share our expertise on how to reduce road and cabin noise to the barest minimum.

I've done my research and most of the diy materials are not readily available.

gurus in the house please avail us some knowledge, even tho the average Nigerian is concerned with the noise.
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by DaimlerBen(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
Is your car accidented?

1. Check your bulkhead, firewall & floorpan if they are firm and see if all your OE sound deadening is in place.

2. Check all your suspension components and ensure they are OE non-sporty type & intact.

3. Check if your exhaust is properly secured with OE mounts/hangers.

4. If your car is body-on-frame, check if the frame rubber mounts/bushings are intact.

5. Check if all fixtures are firm - fenders, bumpers, lights, trims, rocker panels, running boards, side mirrors, doors, windows & windshields etc.

In short, check if your car is firm. grin
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
DaimlerBen:
Is your car accidented?

1. Check your bulkhead, firewall & floorpan if they are firm and see if all your OEM sound deadening is in place.

2. Check all your suspension components and ensure they are OEM non-sporty type & intact.

3. Check if your exhaust is properly secured with OEM mounts/hangers.

4. If your car is body-on-frame, check if the frame rubber mounts/bushings are intact.

5. Check if all fixtures are firm - fenders, bumpers, lights, trims, rocker panels, running boards, side mirrors, doors, windows & windshields etc.

In short, check if your car is firm. grin

no, car isn't accidented
just that my previous tires gave me lesser noise than the current.

most people might not even notice it cos of loud music n all.

but I think the awareness has begun
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by DaimlerBen(m): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

no, car isn't accidented
just that my previous tires gave me lesser noise than the current.

most people might not even notice it cos of loud music n all.

but I think the awareness has begun

What's your recommended tyre air pressure? [Check the door pillar] Are they over-inflated?
What's your recommended tyre size for your car? [Check pillar or car manual or google]
Are your present tyres same size as the previous ones?
Is the left tyre same size as the right?
Are they very low profile tyres?
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
hello house, I think the need has risen for us to share our expertise on how to reduce road and cabin noise to the barest minimum.

I've done my research and most of the diy materials are not readily available.

gurus in the house please avail us some knowledge, even tho the average Nigerian is concerned with the noise.

Anytime you wish to reduce sound levels in your car, contact me bro. I now offer that level of service.
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
ok bro, wen next I'm in abuja I'll holla @ u. I can't wait to ply that kubwa Express, hope the roads haven't changed?
Re: Reducing Road And Cabin Noise by kingreign(m): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
ok bro, wen next I'm in abuja I'll holla @ u.
I can't wait to ply that kubwa Express, hope the roads haven't changed?

Roads still sweet bro.
Just beware of Abuja drivers and lane snatching

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between This Two Camry / Silicone Car Keys & Remote Covers / Considering A 2012 Ml350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.