Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? (1569 Views)

NGOs Hold Mega Charity Campaign Outreach Give Out Walking Aids, Health Checkup / Nigerian Man Dies Midair On His Way To France For Medical Checkup. Photos / When Lasts Did You Go For Health Checkup With Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by Afriglobalmedia: 10:45am On Jun 05, 2017
I am healthy, feeling good and strong. For so many years, I have not visited a diagnostic center to check my health status. although, some of my friends told me that some health conditions will not have symptoms until they have already caused permanent damage.

This drew me to this questions; Is an annual health checkup necessary even when you are healthy?

I need answers and reasons.

Re: Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by skydancer: 10:50am On Jun 05, 2017
Completely unnecessary in my opinion (to do it officially at a hospital for example). However, doing it at home should be mandatory. Get some basic equipment. Read health tips websites like healthcarechecker, stay updated on health news. Simple. And when your body reacts, don't neglect it. Call your doctor and listen to them. Don't jump to conclude something's wrong with you and force the doctor to give you a checkup/drug.
Re: Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2017
assuming you are healthy because you dont feel any signs could be misleading, hypertension, diabetes and "stroke" usualy dont give signs till its "late", so freq check up, though not necessarily yearly is good

2 Likes

Re: Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by Grapay(f): 11:49am On Jun 05, 2017
very very very necessary. a lot of signs and symptoms of a lot of health conditions do not appear at early stages. What can help you to detect them early enough is an annual health care screenings.

http://grapaymobilephlebotomyservice..com/2017/05/routine-check-ups-and-screenings-keys.html

1 Like

Re: Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by Afriglobalmedia: 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes, i go with your point. some signs could be very misleading, not until you visit a medical diagnostic center for screening. that is why I advice people to visit Afriglobal Medicare
karlz:
assuming you are healthy because you dont feel any signs could be misleading, hypertension, diabetes and "stroke" usualy dont give signs till its "late", so freq check up, though not necessarily yearly is good
Re: Is An Annual Health Checkup Necessary Even When You Are Healthy? by Afriglobalmedia: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
Even HIV is one of them.
Grapay:
very very very necessary. a lot of signs and symptoms of a lot of health conditions do not appear at early stages. What can help you to detect them early enough is an annual health care screenings.

http://grapaymobilephlebotomyservice..com/2017/05/routine-check-ups-and-screenings-keys.html

(1) (Reply)

Combact And Prevent Eye Problems With Swissgarde Products / Nurses Carpet Osibanjo, Cpc Over Animated Video / Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Encephabol Syrup ASAP In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.