Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,238 members, 7,974,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:08 PM

Pictures From Jos Crises - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Jos Crises (39221 Views)

Crises In Jos, Police Station Burnt - Photos / UPDATE: Guard Averts Mass Casualty From Jos Church Explosion / Graphic Pictures From Jos Bomb Blast Yesterday- Viewers Discretion Is Adviced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by ajalio(f): 4:30am On Jan 22, 2010
OgidiBoy:

[size=13pt]Vielen Dank für tellinh ihn.[/size]

U're welcome.
It was necessary. wink
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by adanny01(m): 4:42am On Jan 22, 2010
I hope German securities are monitoring nairaland cos they got a problem here, a future terrorist, a TATANIAN.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by smartgal: 4:43am On Jan 22, 2010
what a shame, it shows islam is a religion of hate, full of violence and destruction and every one should be wary of an muslim person - shame on all muslims burn and rot in hell all you muslims,
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by gidson12(m): 4:50am On Jan 22, 2010
Na wa oo!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by twinskenny(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2010
and they used to claim that islam is a religious of peace,

Jos used to be a state of peace and tourism, now it has become a danger zone
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by Nigerd(m): 8:37am On Jan 22, 2010
am not to talk about faith now, but tribal diff. i lived and grow to discover that am not a yoruba boy neither igbo or hausa coz i was and still discriminated against. just live with what u have i am a minority with men but with God am a majority coz he lives iin me,

life is God with CHRIST,

Born Again today, my brothers and Sister, born again
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by kupel: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2010
is truly bad in Jos cry
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by citizenY(m): 9:15am On Jan 22, 2010
@Niger-d

Some people are born again on the other side of the fence. Whatever the case may be after all the vitriol,
we must sit down and discuss. We might as well start by listening to each other and supporting one another
to overcome our shortcomings. Take it or leave it, we have nowhere else to go. We have reached the wall.
I see all these comments on all sides of the divide as an opportunity to let off steam and it is good for the
psyche. For now everyone should feel free to take sides. It is a season of anomie. And it will pass. We should
not inflame passions unnecessarily and drive people into their kraals.

Meanwhile the problem in Jos is very complex as it is a clash of religion and peoples and it is not easy to draw a
line between what is religious and what is cultural as the antagonists are always playing both cards at the same time
to defend their positions. A dispassionate appraisal of the crisis may be very difficult but it must be done. Whether a
political, economic or solution ior an interplay of all of them is required must be explored by everyone. It will be foolhardy
to expect the solution to come from the state or federal government as it is now evident that they have failed. They cannot
get the warring parties to even meet at table and they have also been accused of either taking sides or not rising to the occasion.
The evidence is illustrated by the inconclusive nature of previous investigation and lack of prosecution of suspected culprits.

Honestly, I do not know the way out but could there be a solution by civil society groups on both sides of the divide?
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by kieskies(m): 9:41am On Jan 22, 2010
The North and the hausa are cause of the problem in this Country today, they are corrupt, violent, the list goes on and on say to oppression and marginalisation
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by DatNiggaAk(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2010
[b]its unfortunate what is happening in Jos but its to be expected.
allah is a demon and demons are only interested in the destruction of man.
look at malaysia where churches are being burnt and christains killed.
it all started because the ignorant christains there in order to live in peace with the dominant muslim majority decided to use the name allah to represent God in their churches/bible.
the muslims who know that allah does not stand for God resented it and started their o.rgy of violence.
allah  used to be one of the over 300 small gods resident in the ka'abba in mecca
mohammed's father name was abdallah which means "servant of allah"
when mohammed started seeing demons which he mistook for Angel Gabriel and his sugar mummy's(khadijat) brother who was a roman catholic priest(Wahhab) was trying to convince him to stop idol worship that there was only one God.
mohammed adopted his father's god "allah" as the only god and that was where he started the chant that "there is only one God, and his name is allah is not God.
allah is not God.
allah is an idol
idols are powered by demons
allah is a demon
demons don't want peace for humanity, that want pain, bloodshed and destruction.
that is why muslims worldwide are merchants of death and destruction.
they are only doing what their demon god allah bides them to do.[/b]
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by DatNiggaAk(m): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2010
Tatannian is just a confused fool and also a liar.
his command of the English language is despicable and he doesn't make sense.
ignore his rantings as it is that of a rabid dog.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by citizenY(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^^
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by udennaa: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2010
SeunAero:

Tell those to a dumb. ofcus. I guess this is where u can only spill your hate darkened opinion about muslim/islam right? lol You are just as clueless as your name sounds, ODEnnaa
u ar a follow-follow muslim thats y u dont know d god u ar worshipping.i am a xtian from anambra n i know d GOD i believe in.ur brothers know wot befalls them here anytime there is crises in d north n they start killing xtians.read d post below by DATNiggaAK so as to b informed about ur sun god allah.
DatNiggaAk:

it all started because the ignorant christains there in order to live in peace with the dominant muslim majority decided to use the name allah to represent God in their churches/bible.
the muslims who know that allah does not stand for God resented it and started their sin assembly of violence.
allah  used to be one of the over 300 small gods resident in the ka'abba in mecca
when mohammed started seeing demons which he mistook for Angel Gabriel and his sugar mummy's(khadijat) brother who was a roman catholic priest(Wahhab) was trying to convince him to stop dol worship that there was only one God.
mohammed adopted his father's god "allah" as the only god and that was where he started the chant that "there is only one God, and his name is allah is not God.
allah is not God.
allah is an idol
allah is a demon
demons don't want peace for humanity, that want pain, bloodshed and destruction.

Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by bandely(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2010
Everybody dey form German angry angry
God punish translator!  angry angry
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by udennaa: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2010
tatanian:

udennaa HAHAHAHA,,, 1+1+1 = 1 according to xtian mathematics it was well known that is a joke with G-d having son funny indeed, trinity is myth of Greece also Jesus never said I am you g-d worship me lols so shut the f@ck up, the topic is about jos, don't go to far of xtiniaty okay it gonna sounds more like a game to me I am a muslims and i like that I hope my parents will one day converted too, UDENNA I am NOT interest so leave me along pls lady,
stupidity runs in ur blood,i dont have time for dummies like u.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by udennaa: 10:18am On Jan 22, 2010
DatNiggaAk:

the muslims who know that allah does not stand for God resented it and started their o.rgy of violence.
when mohammed started seeing demons which he mistook for Angel Gabriel and his sugar mummy's(khadijat) brother who was a roman catholic priest(Wahhab) was trying to convince him to stop dol worship that there was only one God.
allah is not God.
allah is an idol
allah is a demon

thank you for d information.all d ignoramus like tatannian n seunaero following a religion they know not should read n be delivered;gbam!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by babylishus: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2010
I think this Tatian guy is an Arab. His English is similar to that which I hear Arabs speak (I can almost see him now furiously typing over his computer, eyes raging, heck, I can almost hear the accent!!!). And don't bother insulting me, Tati, cos I won't respond. All I can say is I don't buy your Israeli parents/ pure German/ convert/lived in Jos story. It doesn't really add up.
Plus, you totally gave yourself away with the whole ni**er issue. grin Interesting, a 'pure' German guy, whose parents are Israeli, who happens to be a convert, who hates Christians, and supports Northern Muslims but ironically hates ni**ers!!! winkLOL!!! Uhm, aren't the northern Muslims you are so zealously defending also, ahem, ni**ers? Or are they better ni**ers cos of their religion? So now we got the bad ni**ers and the good ni**ers? grin
Dude, please, seriously, please. Oh and please, in the interest of others around, either type completely in German (I certainly hope your command of the language is better than your atrocious English) or use the English SpellCheck option on your computer (I guess your PC should have it). I assume when you insult people you would gain more satisfaction if they could understand you, nes't pas? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything but man, you are waaaaaaayyy too vitriolic (check that out in a dictionary) than is healthy for you.

My fellow Nairalanders, please, please, let us be objective and say things as they are.No need to get into 'you northern goat' or 'you southern idiot'. It doesn't change anything. It truly doesn't! Also, all that anger cannot be good for you either, not physically or otherwise.

I live in Jos, infact I'm there right now and I'll tell you this. The scale of destruction and grief and chaos is MASSIVE- I daresay moreso than the 01 and 08 riots! There are irretrievable losses on both sides and it's gonna take alot in terms of finance and self control to get things back on track. I concur that among the indigenous population we have lazy, no-good drunkards and placid people, but on the other hand can we say that ALL those of Hausa origin on the Plateau are illiterate almajirai? So there you go- we've got no-gooders and do-gooders on both sides. No one, be he Hausa or Berom, would like a fight when he has something to lose, something at stake. Who wants his shop burnt or his people killed?

At the same time, whether we like it or not there ARE ethno-religious dynamics at play here. In Kano, 3rd and 4th generation Igbos CANNOT contest for local elections even though they are Nigerians on Nigerian soil. In that same Kano it is very difficult to get a C of O for a church to be built. Also, were people not killed during the Boko Haram fiasco in Borno, Yobe and Bauchi? Why no panel of inquiry? Why no call for State of Emergency? Why no frantic calls for their governors to resign? People, what is good for the goose should also be good for the gander!! You can't preach water and drink wine! Until these issues and double standards are sorted out, then we cannot have stability in the region.

There is alot of tension between Christians and Muslims, moreso after 9/11 when some sort of line was drawn, and that line has been drawn globally. Let's hope this can be addressed before it degenerates into a free for all fight that engulfs the whole nation. That American that described Naija as a failed state that has until approx. 2015 to disintegrate, was he wrong? Will we in Naija continue to abuse him and disregard that report? Or do we swallow our pride and sit down and see how we can sort things out before they get really bad?

GOD bless!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by holotee(m): 11:51am On Jan 22, 2010
Some1 uploaded this on his facebook page. I'm seriously hoping this is from some movie like Hotel rwanda and not in jos,

Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by Justcash(m): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
holotee:

Some1 uploaded this on his facebook page. I'm seriously hoping this is from some movie like Hotel rwanda and not in jos,

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2010
the green white green on the street is certainly Nigeria.
might be borno(boko haram), bauchi or jos
those are places where allah has visited his jihad on.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by udennaa: 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2010
ooh!religious wickedness,handiwork of islamic jihadists n terrorists;enemies of progress.precious lives created by God wasted by blood suckers.who knows where n when next.its terrible!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by tassmal(m): 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
i read so many of ur comments but like i see most of u are not in Jos. I am. i just got a phone call to come back home that it is also prayer time in d mosques. That shows the extent of the fear and panic. we lived in peace but the greed of politician and the stupidity of people who call themselve hausa/molsems and natives/christains is unbelieveable. i have lived all my life in Jos, seen all d crises. One thing i can tell you all is that when the dust settles even more horrible pictures wld b seen. it is terrible.
why wld people go and attack people in church on sunday for no reason? why all the letters and the weapons found over the weeks leading up to this? i am fed up. This land belongs to Beroms, Jarawas. why wld u leave you states in the north, come and settle in another man land and begin to claim rights. can it be done in your states? have u heard Igbo, yoruba, tiv or any other group make claims? why u? kill women and children, killed students of the university, how do u justify all those. enough is enough either a good solution is found or,
i urge any one that see pictures count the number of women in hijabs, how many do u see ? yet u kill women and children. Ahead of time you send women and children away, then plan  to reck havoc, when it backfires you say you will revenge. God will judge, your end is at hand.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by Owoinukolo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
When are we going to learn from our mistakes and correct them and move on in this nation?

If we can't stay together in peace and harmony, then let all go our ways, and God will help us. I have experienced this religious crisis one time to many while i was growing up in Gombe State (Maitasine !!!). ori sa bi o ba gbe mi, fi mi sile bi o se bami = (If you can help to improve my current position, please leave me the way you meet me!)

I pray we get it right hopefully not when people die!!!
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by bonna4u(m): 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2010
This will stop when these lunatics(fanatics) who hide under the guise of religion have been eliminated from our society.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by ajalio(f): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
@all

Hatred makes blind, still more than love makes blind . At the moment you are blind.

Less most of you. Sorry if I say it so directly, however, it is true. You accuse in each case other

religion of lacking desire for peace and of lacking charity and love. You insult yourselves mutually as

barbarians, murderers, use the worst terms of abuse and insults. You wish mutually the other in the

hell. I cannot enumerate everything at all. Do you still notice generally what you talk there? Is it that

what preaches the Christianity? Is this after the apprenticeships of Islam? Definitely not.

Hatred is the tool of the devil, satan or, how so ever, you may call him. Ask you,

sometimes whom you serve with this hatred. Is it  God or Allah? Surely not. I am no prophetess,

priest or clairvoyant, really not. I am a human, I am fallible, I am imperfect, as well as all people.

But I am educated and well-read what concerns the subject religion. My father, he rests in peace,

has urged me from the earliest youth to read, learn about the world religions and if I was ready to

choose for myself the right ones, or also none. He was on the opinion that nobody should be

pushed  in a certain religion only on grounds of the place of his birth.

As well as, born in North Germann  = Protestant, born in South Germany = Catholic,

born in Turkey = Muslim, born in India = Hindu etc. etc.

And I have read, learnt, discussed, more than 15 years and often I still do today.

Therefore, and only therefor I presume to take position here in this way. Not because I am white

and have the urgent wish to force my thoughts to blacks or to give you orders.

This never is my intention even if many of you this maybe think.

Since I can read I am also interested in the history of the humanity and the history of our world.

The history has taught us several times that hatred and violence never leads to success that

suppression or eradication of people, all the same for which reason, leads in disaster.

Nobody knows this probably better than me. I can lay you really only to the heart, talk

with each other, ask, learn, you would have been surprised how much the Christianity and Islam

have in common.

I mean here not Islam which is preached by the fundamentalists and extremists, but Islam,

as he was meant nearly 1400 years ago by the prophet Mohamed.

There was maladministration and misinterpretation, wrong interpretations of the writings,

and will always give. Also in the Christianity.

To preempt of the question; I am never joined  to Christianity, to Islam, or to an other faith

(Why would probably sprinkle the frame), however, I am surely religious as many others.

I was married 20 years with a Muslim and marry shortly a Catholic.

Peace, love and enlightenment for you all.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by CizNetwork(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2010
I wonder how long on earth these brutes will draw us back angry
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ajali,
why not come to Jos and see the mayhem wrought by the islamist/hausa fulani b4 talking about love?
if islam is such a peaceful religion as you claim it was when it was,

"I mean here not Islam which is preached by the fundamentalists and extremists, but Islam,

as he was meant nearly 1400 years ago by the prophet Mohamed."
[b]
how did mohammed spread the so called religion of peace 400 years ago?
was it not by killing/murdering all those who opposed his gospel of allah?
is that not the same thing his adherents are repeating today?
you claim to be a student of history? how did islam get to Nigeria?
was it not through a bloody jihad spearheaded by the blood thirsty uthman dan fodio?
i always tell people. true islam is the type practiced by the Taliban in Afghanistan.
the jihadist in somalia and pakistan and boko haram,maitasine etc.
why is it that in so called islamic countries, the government fight against fundamentalist muslims?
Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, turkey, Yemen, Saudi Arabia etc are prime examples.
islam is a violent religion.
i would want to ask you a question.
have you lived in Nigeria before?
you need to have lived here before you start spouting theories that are irrelevent.
did you ever wear a hijab when you were married to a moslem for 20 years?
if you didn't then you married a moslem who does not practice the tenents of the koran.[/b]
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by tatooboy: 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2010
tears are rolling down my eyes as i write now. i am a yoruba guy born in lagos and i schooled in Jos for 6 years as a teenager, i dreamt i will buy a house one day in Naraguta avenue or maybe rayfield, it hurts me to see the jos, the jos i used to know come down in ashes like this. whats the matter here for God's sake?

why is nigeria going in the direction of perdition in the name of religion? may God punish to those northern elites that use the illiterate ones amongst them. I dont ever forget when i was in school, i had a schoolmate whose father was very wealthy and after mosque hours, the poor would come to their house and collect food and alms and i know this is still a common pracitce in the north, its okay to be kind, but why do they use this opportunity to also turn these so called people into their puns when the need arises?

i am hurt here and kinda ashamed for this country.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by bandely(m): 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Pics

Gosh! sad sad sad
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by JNdupu: 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
Tatooboy, I feel your pain but please don't generalize on one side.  There are psychopaths and good people on both sides.  As we type, I know for a fact Xtians are providing succour and shelter to Muslims and Muslims are providing same to Xtians.  If it helps, I recommend you hold that thought as it correlates better with your memory of the place.

The problem with Jos is everbody may have forgotten the cause of the original violent episode.  I mean, what was that first spark that engulfed the place and turned the peaceful city we all remembered into a brief cauldron of barbarity?  Once order was regained, was that episode merely swept under the carpet?  Where was the vision and courage of the political leaders on ALL sides to deal with the issue once and for all? 

Instead, the combatants sheathed their machetes and nursed their greviances until the next spark however trivial that may appear.  And we are left with a cycle of violent episodes,  each greater than the last as the number of those bent upon revenge swells exponentially. 

tatooboy:

tears are rolling down my eyes as i write now. i am a yoruba guy born in lagos and i schooled in Jos for 6 years as a teenager, i dreamt i will buy a house one day in Naraguta avenue or maybe rayfield, it hurts me to see the jos, the jos i used to know come down in ashes like this. whats the matter here for God's sake?

why is nigeria going in the direction of perdition in the name of religion? may God punish to those northern elites that use the illiterate ones amongst them. I dont ever forget when i was in school, i had a schoolmate whose father was very wealthy and after mosque hours, the poor would come to their house and collect food and alms and i know this is still a common pracitce in the north, its okay to be kind, but why do they use this opportunity to also turn these so called people into their puns when the need arises?

i am hurt here and kinda ashamed for this country.
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by samcc30(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
i
Re: Pictures From Jos Crises by samcc30(m): 5:16pm On Jan 22, 2010
i

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aroms Aigbehi On Jide Tinubu's Death & Alex Ekwueme's Coma / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" / Owo Church Attack: Eternal Sorrow Awaits Perpetrators - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.