Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,311 members, 7,978,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:07 PM

Me And My Sickle Cell 2 (learn What You Dont Know) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Me And My Sickle Cell 2 (learn What You Dont Know) (323 Views)

A Sickler Shares How He Survives Sickle Cell Anemia (Photo) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / This Is What Your Kidney Would Look Like, If You Dont Drink Much Water (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Me And My Sickle Cell 2 (learn What You Dont Know) by Eminent412(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
Sickle cell is a genetic disorder which is inherited from both parents, that is the two parents are carriers AS, it has a lot more than what people think of it. Sickle cell patients go through a lot of pain and distress in their lifetime, this pain is due to the "sickled" shape of the red blood cell (RBC), this pain is referred to as "crisis".

A crisis can last as long as days, weeks, even months while there are some crisis that last just hours depending on the amount of the sickled cell in the body, it also depend on whether the person is either SS or SC.

SS is the very common one that almost everyone has heard about, it occurs when the two parents that are AS both donate their S gene or when an SS marries an AS and both donated the S gene.They (SS) experience longer crisis that's why they are mostly in the hospital.
SC occurs when the...
Read full article http://liveeandloove..com.ng/2017/06/me-and-my-sickle-cell.html
Re: Me And My Sickle Cell 2 (learn What You Dont Know) by Freelady(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
I heard their a surgery they do for them called bone marrow surgery

(1) (Reply)

Help A Friend / Senate Wants Genotype As Compulsory Test For Intending Married Couples / Disease Outbreak Kills 17 In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.