Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,045 members, 7,939,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group (25262 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested If He Steps Into Nigeria / IPOB Shuts Down 11 States Including Kogi, Edo During Protest / Reno Omokri Mocks Buhari For Including A Dead Man's Name In His Ban List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by MrGerald(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:

www.dailypost.ng/2017/06/05/kogi-group-calls-arrest-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu/
“There is no cosmogony affiliation or cultural affinity whatsoever of Biafra with Kogi or Benue and mapping out those states as part of Biafra cannot be less than a show of hallucination". So all regions and people in your present day Nigeria has a common affiliation? anyway you've chosen to be a slave forever
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by Paretomaster(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
KemjikaEme:

There are Igbo people in Benue state that have live there way before the white man colonized Nigeria. You can find them on Facebook,simply search Benue Igbo group and read about them.

So because of them, Nigeria should seed that teritorry to Biafra?

It's either they remain where they are as Nigerians, or follow their kins to whatever republic they will create..

Besides, all is just a pipe dream.... ...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by APCsupporter: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
caracas:

Is it the hausas that are slaves n maiguard to igbos even in their own region or the yorubas that igbos have taken over their so called Lagos ?
Bros park well to be together is not by force igbos find u ppl disgusting n backwards.

my friend stop saying what you don't know. most of those people are from Niger Republic. they are everywhere in the north. besides who are the ones looking for freedom? it's only a freedom seeker that is a slave

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by kjhova(m): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
Candyrain:

This may be of help to u. I'm glad u didn't ask for that of Benue state

https://www.nairaland.com/3443446/igbo-speaking-communities-kogi-state

Nice topic you sent me to read and I found it enjoyable. I hope you are also open minded enough to have my viewpoint on the topic.

I have related family who are Igalla and from Olamaboro. I spent 3 days in Okpo in 2013 attending the patriarch's burial. You could get from their village to Ninth Mile on okada. These border towns linking Kogi, Benue and Enugu together have long history of interaction which has created similarities in language, cuisine, culture etc. For this reason, the Igalla's in this section may have acquired the "Z" alphabet, market day system etc from their Igbo neighbours. If so, this does not in anyway make them Igbo.

That said, it comes down to self identification. Should a distinct community self identify as Igalla, even if they speak a language considered as Igbo, then they are Igalla. And this is vice versa also for Igalla speaking communities who may self identify as Igbo. To my knowledge thou, I am not aware that any community on the Kogis side of the border is claiming Igbo.

My state, Edo, is also useful as an example. We have place name Akoko Edo and we have Akoko people in Ondo. Should we consider the Akokos as Edo or Yoruba?

Also, I did my NYSC in Ekiti State where I noticed that the Ekitis call money "Egho". Bar the difference in tonal inflection, it is same as Edo word for money which is "Egho"! Chair, in Ekiti, is "ijoko" same as "ijoko" in Edo North. Mother is "iye" and "iyo" in both languages. The respect plural pronoun "eh" which is used in place of "oh" to refer to adults in Yoruba is completely missing in Ekiti as it is in Edo.

Do all of the above mean that Ekitis and Ondos are Edo? Of course not. It only means that these cultures have inter-related for a long time and have thus shared many aspects together.

IPOB miscreants cannot, by any stretch of imagination, claim Kogi or Benue or any parts therein in their map. The only people who can do so are these ethnicities in Kogi and Benue themselves. This whole sordid affair is beginning to look like 1937/38 when the Austrian mad man, Adolph Hitler, an usurper of power in Germany (where he is not a citizen), began to clamour for incorporation of "Suddeten Germans" in western Czechoslovakia despite that the "Suddetens" hardly ever clamoured for such. At any rate, this led to the destruction of Czechoslovakia, the 2nd World War and eventually destruction of Germany itslef.

Most Igbo's I know in Lagos are against this IPOB stupidity and I hope that this silent majority eventually carry the day to save many from the avoidable carnage that is coming.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
if nnamdi wants to look out for the Biafra people outside Biafra, just tell them to go back home. It is dangerous to try stealing from an Igala man. They will regret it.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by manikspears: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
KemjikaEme:

There are Igbo people in Benue state that have live there way before the white man colonized Nigeria. You can find them on Facebook,simply search Benue Igbo group and read about them.
commom,stop that undecided
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by PenisCaP: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

85% of Kogites don't have an iota of connection with the igbo nation. So why include the whole state in your delusional republic? Why can't you simply ask Kogites that are igbos, to either choose to leave the state and join biafra or stay put in the "Nigeria-owned STATE"!

go back n Read my post very slowly... and i can see u have comprehending issues.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by DSoj(m): 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
At the end of the day, biafuro will only be Abia srate.

Jesters.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by adamskutty(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
PenisCaP:

Pls get ur facts right.. they only included this places bcoz of the igbo speaking parts.
How would they feel if biafra goes and leavs them behind knowing that they are our blood.

We are al know we have nothing in common with the main kogites... so they shouldnt bother themsleves..
They is no Igbo speaking part in kogi state, damn it moda'fvcker!!!

Igala are the majorities, followed by the ebiras and then the okun. We have nothing in common with biafrauds!!! Holy fvck!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by ezeagu(m): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
I hope more of such people come out and stop these stupid fantasies.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by bigfrancis21: 8:00am On Jun 07, 2017
adamskutty:
They is no Igbo speaking part in kogi state, damn it moda'fvcker!!!

Igala are the majorities, followed by the ebiras and then the okun. We have nothing in common with biafrauds!!! Holy fvck!!!

Akpanya town in Kogi speaks Igbo as native language. Eke Avurugo in Kogi speaks Igbo as first language. Ibaji people are more or less very much Igboid-looking compared to the 'core' north Igala people.

Some Igbo-soundinng town names can be found in Kogi state such as Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language. In Ibaji LGA, we can see some town names such as Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze which are, most definitely, Igbo community names. One obvious distinguishing factor between Igbo language and Igala is the lack of 'z' in Igala alphabet which is present in Igbo, which possibly rules out an Igala origin for some towns such as Ozara, Umueze etc.

Akpanya is an Igbo-speaking community located deep in the heartland of Igala land. Very little is known about this town. About 95% of the people speak Igbo/are Igbo natives. The town also houses majority of Igbo muslims from Igboland.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by bigfrancis21: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2017
kjhova:

Nice topic you sent me to read and I found it enjoyable. I hope you are also open minded enough to have my viewpoint on the topic.

I have related family who are Igalla and from Olamaboro. I spent 3 days in Okpo in 2013 attending the patriarch's burial. You could get from their village to Ninth Mile on okada. These border towns linking Kogi, Benue and Enugu together have long history of interaction which has created similarities in language, cuisine, culture etc. For this reason, the Igalla's in this section may have acquired the "Z" alphabet, market day system etc from their Igbo neighbours. If so, this does not in anyway make them Igbo.

That said, it comes down to self identification. Should a distinct community self identify as Igalla, even if they speak a language considered as Igbo, then they are Igalla. And this is vice versa also for Igalla speaking communities who may self identify as Igbo. To my knowledge thou, I am not aware that any community on the Kogis side of the border is claiming Igbo.

My state, Edo, is also useful as an example. We have place name Akoko Edo and we have Akoko people in Ondo. Should we consider the Akokos as Edo or Yoruba?

Also, I did my NYSC in Ekiti State where I noticed that the Ekitis call money "Egho". Bar the difference in tonal inflection, it is same as Edo word for money which is "Egho"! Chair, in Ekiti, is "ijoko" same as "ijoko" in Edo North. Mother is "iye" and "iyo" in both languages. The respect plural pronoun "eh" which is used in place of "oh" to refer to adults in Yoruba is completely missing in Ekiti as it is in Edo.

Do all of the above mean that Ekitis and Ondos are Edo? Of course not. It only means that these cultures have inter-related for a long time and have thus shared many aspects together.

IPOB miscreants cannot, by any stretch of imagination, claim Kogi or Benue or any parts therein in their map. The only people who can do so are these ethnicities in Kogi and Benue themselves. This whole sordid affair is beginning to look like 1937/38 when the Austrian mad man, Adolph Hitler, an usurper of power in Germany (where he is not a citizen), began to clamour for incorporation of "Suddeten Germans" in western Czechoslovakia despite that the "Suddetens" hardly ever clamoured for such. At any rate, this led to the destruction of Czechoslovakia, the 2nd World War and eventually destruction of Germany itslef.

Most Igbo's I know in Lagos are against this IPOB stupidity and I hope that this silent majority eventually carry the day to save many from the avoidable carnage that is coming.

Eke Avurugo people in Kogi state do claim to e Igo and they assert their Igboness. The same could be expected of in Akpanya if the consciousness is stirred in them. Over 90% of the natives speak Igbo natively.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by bigfrancis21: 8:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Ever8054:
mention the Igbo speaking tribe in Benue...

They are called Umuezeokoha people of Benue state with an estimated population of N1m, spread out over 4 LGAs in Benue state.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by MisterGrace: 8:15am On Jun 07, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
I have said it before, and i'll say it again. Anything after ilorin and before bakassi penisula is biafran territory. Anybody that complains after actualization will find himself facing a firing squad. Whether you're yoruba, anioma, owo, egba, efik, tiv idoma or igala. It doesn't matter. Soon and very soon, you will all be called biafrans. Anyone that can't bear this reality can go to H**l.

Go and sh1t in your hands.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by MisterGrace: 8:16am On Jun 07, 2017
Orjioorji:
kogi and Benue most be under Biafra and after our independent we will turn them to extended farmland , Chukwu bless Igbo's. all over the world and my girl from Benue.Onah faith...

You an idiot.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by kjhova(m): 8:17am On Jun 07, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Eke Avurugo people in Kogi state do claim to e Igo and they assert their Igboness. The same could be expected of in Akpanya if the consciousness is stirred in them. Over 90% of the natives speak Igbo natively.

The bolded is the potent ingredient for a border war between the two speculative countries.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by adamskutty(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
bigfrancis21:

la

http://www.naira-speaking-communities-kogi-state
Utter crap! That is probably a border community. Igalas have nothing in common with u people. I have nothing in common with ur kind and ur kind has no say in igala land talk more of kogi state. grin grin

Go to igalaland and talk sh1t and see if u won't get lynched. grin grin grin

U even had to provide me with a source from nairaland, written by ur fellow kind. desperate asf!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by bigfrancis21: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
adamskutty:
Utter crap! That is probably a border community. Igalas have nothing in common with u people. I have nothing in common with ur kind and ur kind has no say in igala land talk more of kogi state. grin grin

Go to igalaland and talk sh1t and see if u won't get lynched. grin grin grin

U even had to provide me with a source from nairaland, written by ur fellow kind. desperate asf!! grin

You gotta start acting like the child you are. Kogi has Igbo-speaking villages in it and southern Igala has significant Igbo ancestry/influence. Let's leave tribalism for once and see things just as they are. That's the point.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Akpanya town in Kogi speaks Igbo as native language. Eke Avurugo in Kogi speaks Igbo as first language. Ibaji people are more or less very much Igboid-looking compared to the 'core' north Igala people.

Some Igbo-soundinng town names can be found in Kogi state such as Ugwuebonyi, Ebokwe, Ozara, Amaeke, Amankpo, Amauwani camp, Amaokwu, Amadiefioha, Amaufulu, etc. all in Igalamela/Odolu LGA. The Odolu community in Igalamela/Odolu LGA is said to speak Igala as first language and the Nsukka Igbo dialect as second language. In Ibaji LGA, we can see some town names such as Nwajala, Umuoye, Ubulie-Umueze which are, most definitely, Igbo community names. One obvious distinguishing factor between Igbo language and Igala is the lack of 'z' in Igala alphabet which is present in Igbo, which possibly rules out an Igala origin for some towns such as Ozara, Umueze etc.

Akpanya is an Igbo-speaking community located deep in the heartland of Igala land. Very little is known about this town. About 95% of the people speak Igbo/are Igbo natives. The town also houses majority of Igbo muslims from Igboland.

oga, that the igalas gave them lands to settle just like the yorubas does not mean they can lay claim. IBO's like land grabbing and that's the problem the akwa iboms are suffering. They have gradually being mutated to AKWA IBOS

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by Organs(m): 1:25am On Jun 10, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:
I have said it before, and i'll say it again. Anything after ilorin and before bakassi penisula is biafran territory. Anybody that complains after actualization will find himself facing a firing squad. Whether you're yoruba, anioma, owo, egba, efik, tiv idoma or igala. It doesn't matter. Soon and very soon, you will all be called biafrans. Anyone that can't bear this reality can go to H**l.

Face firing squad... haha. chairman, nobody wants to be part of igbo cos of their deceitful ways, also with the way you're going about it, how do you justify the claim that naija is forcing you to be in nigeria and you now want to force people to be part of Biafra....
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group by laudate: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
kjhova:

What a beautiful piece!! cheesy How on earth did I miss it? Well done, bro.' Good work! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Issues Disclaimer On Presidential Posters Seen Around The Country / PDP Kicks As FG Cautions US Against Granting Atiku Visa Now / IBB Inaugurates N610M Presidential Villa In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.