Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:31 AM

Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah (1267 Views)

Anioma Vs Igbo By Cheta Nwanze / They Lived Before Adam, Prehistoric Origin Of Igbo By Prof. Catherine Acholonu / Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by MonkeyNoFine: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2017
When the Jewish prophet, Micah (740-670 BC) declared that, “A man’s enemies are the men of his own household,” Micah 7:6, he foresaw what would be the greatest undoing of any man, which are the people around him. If you are not ruined by those around you whom you trust much, you will live long. Those far away from you, who don’t know your secrets, can hardly harm you. The enemy is there with you, they are those closest to you.

It is in the same vein that the greatest man that ever lived, Jesus Christ, also declared that, “If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.” This again boils down to those around you, those you think you’re working with, or working for. Those you think should identify with you and join in your cause.

It is worrisome that at a time when the elite in the South-East are expected to rise up and take a definite stand on the issue of Biafra, some people, instead, are playing to the gallery and by so doing not helping matters. Fuelling the matter with intent to escalate it is not in the national interest.

Nigeria’s present narrative is warped. The undeniable truth is that there is mass discontent across the federation due to structural imbalance. Whether one is in the East, West, North or South, the feeling is the same. There is a problem that needs to be resolved. Unfortunately, because the country is living in denial the problem is not addressed. Consequently, different sections of the country take it upon themselves to deal with the problem in their own way.

The militancy in the Niger Delta, the Boko Haram insurgency, the Fulani herdsmen brouhaha and the Biafra agitation are all attempts by different sections of the country to deal with the problem. While some take up arms and ammunition against the Federal Government to drive home their point, others, adopt more peaceful and non-violent approach.

Attempts have been made in the past by way of national conference to address the nagging issues to no avail. Rather than tackle the problem from the prism of the people, successive governments have toed the same path of ignoring the resolutions reached at those conferences. The problems persist.

Nigerians are among the most resilient of all peoples and are ready to live together in peace if the right atmosphere could be provided. The desire to have an economically viable and strong nation where life is meaningful without mass poverty applies is there. The Igbo are just one.

It is on that strength that I was pieced off, the other day, when a group that calls itself South East Peoples Assembly (SEPA), reportedly asked the Federal High Court in Abuja to revoke the bail it granted to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and director of Radio Biafra, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

The group had reportedly written a letter urging the Judge, Justice Ibrahim Auta, to, as a matter of urgency, revoke Kanu’s bail on the ground that he has conducted himself in a manner that is at variance with the terms and conditions of his bail, which included that he must not hold rallies, grant interviews or be in a crowd of more than 10 people. This is coming on the heels of the success of the sit-at-home campaign that crippled the South-East on May 30.

I am not Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyer and so can’t claim to be defending him; the purpose of this comment is to underscore the extent to which Igbo hates Igbo, which is the root of whatever unfair treatments that have been meted to the Igbo.

The question that came to my mind after reading the news was to what extent would revoking of Kanu’s bail go to resolve the Biafra question? What did his first incarceration achieve? Did his incarceration help to douse the tension in the South-East or did it help to escalate it? If Kanu has flouted his bail conditions, is it the South-East Assembly that should inform the Federal Government?

Is the government not alive and kicking? What would the Igbo say if the Northern Elders Forum or the Afenifere had made the demand? Would the Igbo not alleged deep hatred by the Hausa/Fulani/ Yoruba as the case may be? SEPA should answer these fundamental questions before pushing the Federal Government to do what is not in its agenda now. Government wants peace not trouble.

Recall that Kanu, who was arrested in October 2015, was released last April after more than one and half years in detention. The detention of Kanu, rather than quiten his followers in the South-East instead escalated the agitation. Many innocent lives have been lost in clashes between the agitators and different arms of law enforcement. From obscurity, the detention brought Kanu to global limelight and made him a hero thereby emboldening his followers.

While this was going on, the elite in the South-East were cowed into a corner. The five governors in the South-East, intellectuals, leaders of thought, traditional rulers and other key stakeholders hid their heads and refused to take a bold position on the matter.

This is unlike the Yoruba elite, who acted fast and wrestled power from the Odua People’s Congress (OPC), when it appeared to be derailing. Also, the South-South was able, the other day, to come up with a team that went to Abuja to meet President Buhari over the demands of the oil-rich region. Where are the Igbo elite?

The Igbo have a saying that an old man does not stay at home while a goat delivers tethered. The question may be asked at as to whether the Igbo can forge a common front that could address the Biafra agitation? Where is it? Why has it not acted? Why has it been difficult for the Igbo to hold a summit to address the Biafra question? When Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu led Biafra, the elite worked with him. Why has the elite been pushed to the background while traders, artisans and ordinary people hijacked the Biafra cause?

The reason for all this is that the Igbo hate Igbo. In Igboland, everybody is superior; nobody is inferior. If the Igbo love Igbo, their desire to rule this country would have materialised. The Igbo must love themselves first before other sections of the country will love them. You can’t hate yourself and expect outsiders to love you.

http://guardian.ng/opinion/igbo-the-worst-enemy-to-igbo/

lalasticlacla Mynd44

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by dbynonetwork: 5:57am On Jun 06, 2017
The UNITY BEGGARS from SUDAN are it again, they are always posting $¢ūm on politics section.. The diabolical Ewedians don't mind to kill and sacrifice their loved once in other to keep bîãfrans in the žôö.

The AFONJAS can never understand how united the Igbos are..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by MonkeyNoFine: 6:03am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:
The UNITY BEGGARS from SUDAN are it again, they are always posting $¢ūm on politics section..

M.O.F.O read the article properly.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by micfoley: 6:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Luke Onyekayekah with an insightful post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by whitebeard(m): 6:07am On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by dbynonetwork: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:

M.O.F.O

It is too early bro...
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by whitebeard(m): 6:17am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:
The UNITY BEGGARS from SUDAN are it again, they are always posting $¢ūm on politics section..

olodo he did not read the post even of they are supporting bia, u would still insult the person later they would say nothing can stop biafra actualization.. Chill man..biafra will never be actualized..!

11 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by UnclePati: 6:18am On Jun 06, 2017
vanguard is yoruba newpaper always ready to discredit biafra with chunk of lies

lagos ibadan express way news.

yoruba news...they will write rubbish against u and lie that its ur father that wrote it.

nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by dbynonetwork: 6:20am On Jun 06, 2017
whitebeard:
olodo he did not read the post even of they are supporting bia, u would still insult the person later they would say nothing can stop biafra actualization.. Chill man..biafra will never be actualized..!

UNITY BEGGAR SPOTTED..... ..THEY HAVE STARTED ARRIVING......

AFONJA... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Ikenna0b: 6:24am On Jun 06, 2017
It makes me laugh that Nigerians believe continously writing epistle of article insulting igbo in their pathetic delusion that they are "advising igbo" would stop the Biafra agitator and embrace the joke of a country.

What a joke.

Funny the more insult you do, the more we share it and the more one Nigeria igbo get converted. Therefore more insult cum "advice" please. Thank you in advance.
I'm just living how they continously keep doing the work for us in their attempt to keep "one Nigeria" grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by KahlDrogo(m): 6:27am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:

You sound like the dullest person I'd ever come across. First off, there's no gainsaying you didn't read any part of the report, otherwise you would have seen that it is even in support of your biafra.

That aside, who begs for unity more than you lot? You run all over the place begging the Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ikweres, Igalas, Igedes, Idomas, etc, for unity even when they keep spitting in your faces telling you they are not interested. When the begging doesn't work, you then attach them forcefully and meet another round of resistance as they insult the crap out of your miserable lives.

Yet you come here to call others unity beggars. Stupid hypocrits.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by GavelSlam: 6:30am On Jun 06, 2017
UnclePati:
vanguard is yoruba newpaper always ready to discredit biafra with chunk of lies

lagos ibadan express way news.

yoruba news...they will write rubbish against u and lie that its ur father that wrote it.

nonsense

Can you even read?

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:30am On Jun 06, 2017
I still wonder why people still peddling this lies and propaganda that Igbos hate themselves. I have watched and seen how the sit at home order was complied in totality. I have seen the video of their protest all over the world.

No nation, I mean notion in this planet earth can organise a protest all over the world at the same time and people will comply all over the world.

Can people who hate themselves be able to do this?
I wonder why igbos allow people who don't wish them well always get worried that igbos hate themselves instead of being happy. I don't still understand the logic.

I have said it here that no tribe is more united than the Igbos in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by wristbangle: 6:31am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:
The UNITY BEGGARS from SUDAN are it again, they are always posting $¢ūm on politics section.. The Ewedians don't mind to kill their loved once because of biafra matter..

It seems an afonja masquerade is giving this one chronic nightmare of recent in his dream.

Between, guardian is now an ewedian media? Hehehe. These IPOB chukwurians sef cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 06, 2017
seems Igbo is the most superlative tribe in Nigeria... everyday Igbo this and that
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by MonkeyNoFine: 6:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Ikenna0b:
It makes me laugh that Nigerians believe continously writing epistle of article insulting igbo in their pathetic delusion that they are "advising igbo" would stop the Biafra agitator and embrace the joke of a country.

What a joke.

Funny the more insult you do, the more we share it and the more one Nigeria igbo get converted. Therefore more insult cum "advice" please. Thank you in advance.
I'm just living how they continously keep doing the work for us in their attempt to keep "one Nigeria" grin grin.

Illiterate.
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Ikenna0b: 6:44am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:

Illiterate.

See monkey wey know him be monkey calling others "illiterate". Wonders shall never end. Just see the ediot wey even wowo sef.
Swerve Nigga.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by whitebeard(m): 6:46am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:

UNITY BEGGAR SPOTTED..... ..THEY HAVE STARTED ARRIVING......

AFONJA... tongue
NCAN PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Ikenna0b: 6:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Ogonimilitant:
I still wonder why people still peddling this lies and propaganda that Igbos hate themselves. I have watched and seen how the sit at home order was complied in totality. I have seen the video of their protest all over the world.

No nation, I mean notion in this planet earth can organise a protest all over the world at the same time and people will comply all over the world.

Can people who hate themselves be able to do this?
I wonder why igbos allow people who don't wish them well always get worried that igbos hate themselves instead of being happy. I don't still understand the logic.

I have said it here that no tribe is more united than the Igbos in Nigeria

Dude do you think igbos pay them mind to their delusions and epistle.

Igbo is the only tribe in that shithole that actually go to the village and get younger ones who aren't related to train for free.
Igbo diaspora continously visit home to build schools, road, water plant, etc for their community
Igbo is one of the few tribe in that shithole that rarely engaged in internal conflict before the arrival of the whites.

Yet the ediots thinks we actually pay them mind when they write their epistle of how igbo "hate" igbo. Yes we don hear. Next!!

Anyway for every biafran, support biafra and igbo, send this article the "one Nigeria believing" igbos who still have their head stuck in the sand. We have to wake up all our sis and bro up.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by victorDanladi: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2017
dbynonetwork:
The UNITY BEGGARS from SUDAN are it again, they are always posting $¢ūm on politics section.. The diabolical Ewedians don't mind to kill and sacrifice their loved once in other to keep boafrans in the žòö

United indeed

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by ZombieTERROR: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Rubbish
On the issue of SEPA
He failed to tell us their names
Anybody can collect money from unity beggars and form "SEPA"
This is junk journalism to arrive at such sensational headline cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by ZombieTERROR: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2017
victorDanladi:
United indeed
Don't die on this thread masturbating
Go die somewhere else

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by ZombieTERROR: 7:18am On Jun 06, 2017
MonkeyNoFine:

Illiterate.
Am happy at last you called yourself a monkey
And an ugly one too
But your case is more pathetic cos your "mama no like you " grin

No one does

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by ZombieTERROR: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2017
KahlDrogo:
You sound like the dullest person I'd ever come across. First off, there's no gainsaying you didn't read any part of the report, otherwise you would have seen that it is even in support of your biafra.

That aside, who begs for unity more than you lot? You run all over the place begging the Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ikweres, Igalas, Igedes, Idomas, etc, for unity even when they keep spitting in your faces telling you they are not interested. When the begging doesn't work, you then attach them forcefully and meet another round of resistance as they insult the crap out of your miserable lives.

Yet you come here to call others unity beggars. Stupid hypocrits.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2017
ZombieTERROR:
Rubbish
On the issue of SEPA
He failed to tell us their names
Anybody can collect money from unity beggars and form "SEPA"
This is junk journalism to arrive at such sensational headline cheesy
Nigeria is finished

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by YorubaForum: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2017
This OP is really behind schedule, the SEPA you are talking about have declaimed that letter, that the don't know the writer of that letter,it seems you don't read much news....So get ur facts well before you run to write trash about Biafra and Igbo people.. The Federal government cabals are really playing with ur head..
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Oblang(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2017
I give up on this Igbo ppl seriously. They blame everyone else for everything against them forgetting that not all Igbos support Biafra...deluded souls...
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by YorubaForum: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Oblang:
I give up on this Igbo ppl seriously. They blame everyone else for everything against them forgetting that not all Igbos support Biafra...deluded souls...
Oga shut up dia, All igbos support Biafra.. So go to hell shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Trut(m): 9:15am On Jun 06, 2017
I have noticed that any article written by a non Igbo person (likely an AFONJA) against Igbo, Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, they always an Igbo name as the name of the writer.
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by Oblang(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
YorubaForum:

Oga shut up dia, All igbos support Biafra.. So go to hell shocked shocked

I see. After all ur leaders don cross go APC finish. Guess those ones too support Biafra...keep deluding urself...
Re: Igbo, The Worst Enemy To Igbo By Luke Onyekakeyah by DocHMD: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2017
Anybody who does not know that the said SEPA is a creation of ewedu-gobbling like liar mohammed is daft.

(1) (Reply)

. / Biafra : Why Nnamdi Kanu Does Not Know What He’s Doing - Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Alhassan Slams Fani-kayode Over Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.