Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,855 members, 7,915,457 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:33 AM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm (433 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 7/6/2017 Pride: A Cankerworm by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 07, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 7, 2017
PRIDE: A CANKERWORM
READ DANIEL 4:28-37
MEMORISE: The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honour of my majesty?" (Daniel 4:30)

This is a very dangerous statement for a mortal man to make. While the word was still in his mouth he was judged. The sin of pride attracts immediate judgement. Remember Herod and Satan. Herod was immediately eaten up by worms (Acts 12:23). Satan was cast down to the earth (Isa 14:12-14). One cheap way to lose God’s glory is being proud.
The voice from heaven said, the kingdom has departed from you. The palace he boasted of was taken away from him, immediately. When God says something has departed from a man, there is no method one can use to keep it. Watch your boasting about your successes. God warned the Israelites to remember Him, and not to feel it was their might that made them prosperous, for it is He who gives power to get wealth (Deut 8:17-18).
After 7 years, Nebuchadnezzar regained his senses, and acknowledged God, having been humiliated. Man learns through either humility or humiliation, but, it is better to learn through humility.
A proud man is seldom easily restorable, except he becomes humiliated, like Nebuchadnezzar. The answer to pride is gratitude. You cannot be grateful to God and still be proud to Him. Anything you acknowledge God for, you cannot be proud of. So, the things you take pride in, are things you have not sufficiently thanked God for. When you thank God from your heart, you are killing every trace of pride from your life. Be grateful, and you will become pride-free, with the Lord’s help.

PRAYER POINTS:
1. Lord, kill the spirit of pride in me, now.
2. Lord, don’t let me be humiliated before learning every lesson You want me to learn.
3. Lord, help us to see You as the sole author of all we are and have, so that we would stop bragging.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: James 5; 1 Peter 1

(1) (Reply)

Listen To Yourself ! / How Do One Know For Sure That His/her Sins Are Forgiven Them? / Rules For Godly Women..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.