Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks (6022 Views)

Getting Start-up Loans In Nigeria? / How To Secure Agric Loans In Nigeria / How To Get Small, Short-term Loans In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks by EVERWIN(m): 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mr Dangote is a great man, becos of connections he grew big and if banks borrow you any amount anytime you will have profitable biz.
Good he helps Nigerians to build up employment and trades to boost up GDP.
But I think he was force to pay back quicker. This is a peanut he give back, compare with the loans he get everywhere to pay.
He shows good repay, then his connections can arrange to get new loans to expand. Ok, this is good, so long the small people get also something even when they have to work for him.
Naija banks overborrow the friends elites, I think some banks have problems now.
How I see it, its 100% connections.
Let me tell you how I know:

When I was a time ago in naija, I want to go 4 contracts becos I get good things to build up the country, and have the power to exceute them 4 real.
It was difficult to arrange, no people that I know that have some influence to introduce me and for myself I find the distance to far to meet out of nowhere some big players.
A lot are airplayers (nothingworth), so I watch out and choose to trust only bizpeople that I see on tv or newspapers, but they're too far.
And maybe the real naija bizmen  going to say that my investment of 20% me, 20%nbizmen, 60%bank was stupid, and seeing a white person they think you have excess capital available.

Another of my country concurrent follow me from back, he get naija girlfriend that talk, talk and talk.
The girl make jumps and promisses of heavy shares in the biz so she reach the connections for him.
They dont get anything to invest themselfs only talks.

They push and naija bank give them 1.4BILLION just becos of connections, ,no colatteral or garanty.
They cash the money and don't know how to do the promised things.
Contracts that they don't know how to execute.
Then they ask around who can do the contracts, even in my country.
Sure theintroducers don't get any commissions from them.
They have empty shell companies international now that do a small % trades with the loan.
The bank need early repayments but I think the money fanish.

Only a few are ready in naija to build up solid things.
I like Dangote bizstyle, but his concurrent Mr Otedola is also doing a very good things and get people employed.
Re: Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks by suxes2005(m): 3:01pm On Jan 25, 2010
but u guys r not sure if dat was wat he did.

anyways he is my mentor and still remains
i just luv him sha

SHALOM
Re: Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks by Elenurazor: 4:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
God bless u for honouring ur obligation. This shows u a true man of integrity. I wish u all the best and hope other Nigerian businessmen can follow this noble example. At least most of your investments are in Nigeria rather than staching them in foreign account for othe countries to benefit. Ranka dede Allah i kara alheri.
Re: Dangote Liquidates $1.27bn Loans In 10 Banks by guru02(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
Big man, Big trouble.
@Manny4life,
I think you are right, if you take a good look at what Manny said, you will see the whole truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Cable Market Growth Could Surpass Current ₦200 Billion Value - Ezeobi / Scam Alert! Beware Of Kwikcash. / Course City Nigeria Review/ Is Course City Nigeria Legit Or A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.