Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,652 members, 7,914,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? (8589 Views)

What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos / Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by googi: 1:56am On Aug 19, 2020
Your forefathers sold gold for mirrors. Which of them is black or white?

You are laundering your Reserved for vanities and plastics. Which of them is black or white?

Branding and inferiority complex are neither black nor white.

Stop kissing up to anything close to white by stop bleaching your brains and skins.

1 Like

Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by MrAkata: 3:57am On Aug 19, 2020
Litmus:
In the 80's or 90's US was in the market for lobsters, Nigeria gave them lobsters, loads of the stuff and, shortly, US and other producers bulked at the competition from Nigeria. Next, it was declared that Nigerian lobsters were polluted, and that was the end of that for Nigeria. Similar happened with wheat, if memory serves me well, this was in the late 80's, i was young, and so I rather caught the news in the peripheries of my young awareness of life outside fun. I believe US threatened Nigeria, something to do with, balance of trade, i.e. US stated Nigeria wasn’t buying as much from the US as the US was buying from Nigeria.

I guess I’m stating that world trade somewhat sanctions Africa, which is why Fair Trade products came to be. Some of this accounts for Africa’s relative poverty.

Read up on Politics of Hunger where you will learn how in Agriculture, for instance, by EU, America, Asia and South America sanctioning what African nations can sell in the international market, African nations find themselves growing a narrow range of stuff. Since the range is narrow, many African nations grow the same or similar produce that then creates a glut, driving down prices for thire goods.

Well with all the oil spills there have been in Nigeria I would assume the lobsters were polluted as well.

Most of Americas spiny lobsters come from the Caribbean and South America. It's not about black nation's because Bahamas , Belize and Jamaica export allot of lobsters to America.
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Toosure70: 5:41am On Aug 19, 2020
Because they reason as your moniker
Re: Why Are All The Black Nations On Earth Poor? by Ogegeodey(m): 6:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Kenezi:
Nigeria isn't poor.

The poverty capital of the world is not poor?

Pls tell me who is poor U.S or UAE?

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB - I'll Re-Marry Soon Following The Demise Of My Wife Maryam / Boko Haram Plans To Take Over & Forcibly Islamise The North – Min Of Defence / Why Are Yoruba State Capitals Developed With Mud Houses In The 21st Century?pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.