Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,283 members, 7,916,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:30 PM

The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish (1204 Views)

Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Convene Emergency Meeting Over Onnoghen / Southern, Middle-Belt Leaders Reject Yusuf Magaji Bichi Appointment / Northern Youth Ultimatum Is Rubbish - We Dare The North To Try Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 7:34am On Jun 10, 2017
When the youths of the "ultimate owners" of Nigeria issued their profanity in the name of an ultimatum, I was not surprised one bit.

The number of our people killed by those blood thirsty rascals makes the threat a non issue to some of us.

The core north has always been hostile and violent.
And they love to spill blood.

The above stated is the consequences of shunning formal education by the core north. The shunning of education is the consequences of allowing Islam and her primitive teachings to override the heritage of the people.

Forget Boko Haram, the Islamic North hates western eduction. Else, can somebody tell why mosques are being built by state governments instead of schools?

Any Nigerian who down plays these facts, must either be an Islamists or a selfish politician.

Anyway, the Kaduna declaration according to the authors was born out of provocation by Igbos over their Sit At Home (SAH) protest on 30th May 2017.

First, it simply shows the SAH protest achieved its aim, which I think is to call the bluff of those who think they have conquered the rest of us in our own lands.

Secondly, I don't see how the SAH. protest caused any harm to anybody especially those behind the silly ultimatum. Even their was any harm, I think it was to the Igbo's who locked up their businesses.

Third, even if Nigeria is restructured or separated. none of these mean forceful ejection of one region/nation from another. People of different nations live and do businesses in other nations.

The declaration is a sign of envy, greed and gross irresponsibility. Those who responded to it should not have been as reckless and as silly as the originators.

Honestly, the Southern/Middle Beltan counter ultimatum is simply childish.

1. When the north made their threat, it was not a joke. They have what it takes to carry out their threats. The question is, does the South And middle belt have such? I don't think so.

2. The counter ultimatum lack sense of maturity in every sense. As much as we need to respond and react, we don't need to be silly in doing it.

Our response should have been something like letters of notice to the following.

1. The acting president or coordinator or whatever they call him
2. the senate president
3. the speaker house of rep
4. Governors of South and middle belt
5. Speakers of state houses of assembly
6. traditional rulers.etc

The letter would officially bring to the notices of those served about the devilish ultimatum and then request for their assistance in relocating all those who are affected.

Then, it would close with a vow to make sure that no Southern / Middle Beltan including students will remain in any of the volatile cities of the north. This will be done with or without or threat.

This would have kept our leaders and the ultimatum givers and their elders and leaders on their toes.

In addition, a 2 day SAH protest would be observed to sensitise the whole world about the threat.

on the other hand, I am happy that the middle belt is aligning with the south. it is time we break the bond or slavery.

Unknown to many, when the Jihardists in the not shout Allah Kurba when drawing their weapons, they don't know the difference between Igbo, Yoruba, tiv, igala, idoma, igede, Erik, ijaw, and what have you.

in their eyes, one or either nyamiri or an infidel and both of them have the same fate of death!

Finally, when next a SAH protest is declared by the Biafrans, I will join in solidarity.
not only I join, I will mobilise our people to also join.

Benue cannot be sleeping when history is being made.

2 Likes

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by nNEOo(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Bleep Saraki and his cohorts, we want out!
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by cruzyteejay(m): 8:16am On Jun 10, 2017
It was never an igbo problem,its a national problem,just that the igbos took the gaint step,since the call for restructuring fell on deaf ears,only if some of my yoruba brothers do think deep,then they would have reasoned it from a national angle,and not from the tribal aspect,hence their conclusion that igbos are nuisance

7 Likes

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:17am On Jun 10, 2017
nNEOo:
Bleep Saraki and his cohorts, we want out!

I understand your passion bro.
only I that we need to be tactful, to avoid unnecessary loss of human lives.
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:22am On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
It was never an igbo problem,its a national problem,just that the igbos took the gaint step,since the call for restructuring fell on deaf ears,only if some of my yoruba brothers do think deep,then they would have reasoned it from a national angle,and not from the tribal aspect,hence their conclusion that igbos are nuisance

Exactly, it is never an Igbo problem.

like I said in the post, whenever they start their 'holy' war, they don't know the difference between others and Igbo.

The Igbo appears to be the only victims only because they are in majority.

of course they travel and mingle more than others.

if we must make progress, let us grap this opportunity that has created itself.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by jojothegreat(m): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2017
You on point cool

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by nNEOo(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Terkimbi01:

I understand your passion bro.
only I that we need to be tactful, to avoid unnecessary loss of human lives.

Nigeria is an expired drugs continued consumption would only lead to the same eventuality(DEATH)

you made valid point though.
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2017
nNEOo:

Nigeria is an expired drugs continued consumption would only lead to the same eventuality(DEATH)

you made valid point though.

I am just thinking.
What if we have a South/Middle Belt coalition on the relocation and rehabilitation of all our citizens bases on those deadly cities of the north (I don't even want to answer north anymore).

The relocation will not be for all but for only those who are willing.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:39am On Jun 10, 2017
jojothegreat:
You on point cool
Thanks.
so,, what can we do? what do we do?
because I can assure you, those minions are not sleeping.
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Outofsync(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2017
OP you have a point but unfortunately the Ibos alienated themselves from other tribes.

Why should I fight for someone who will only call me a coward and believe he is the smartest at every opportunity

2 Likes

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:47am On Jun 10, 2017
Kemperor:
Yoruba are cowards without a mind of their own... They just sit foolishly hoping to eat where they didnt sow...

Sitting on the fence hitting the drums of war and adding coals to the fire... Waiting for the victor to leech on them...

Easy bro.

I am sure that if what has happened to the Igbo's happens to them, they will have their own Ojukwu and Nnamdi KANU

if they have experienced what we face heir in Benue. I am sure they would produced a Gideon Orka also.

I agree they benefitted most among the southern nationals, but that does not mean they are cowards.

Remember they were killed in their numbers over Abiola.

Don't forget our people participated in the war against the Igbo's. today the story has changed.

we are consciously seeking alliance.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Outofsync(m): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
Don't even get it twisted.

Yorubas fully support restructuring, in fact,we have the best chance of surviving in our own region.

However Ipob has continously shown themselves to be anti-yoruba, the vituperative attacks on NL bear witness.

Don't even think of pulling this nonsense on us here when we all know the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2017
Outofsync:
OP you have a point but unfortunately the Ibos alienated themselves from other tribes.

Why should I fight for someone who will only call me a coward and believe he is the smartest at every opportunity

bros, it is time for all of us to be objective here.

if all the other tribes in Nigeria came against your tribe the way all our tribes went against the Igbo, your tribe too would have love to alienate themselves.

but get my point, this fight is not for Igbo nor about Igbo.

the word Igbo mean a different thing to the northern felons.

when the chips are down, every one us is either nyamiri or infidel.

or, you don't know how many Yoruba's who have lost their lives over some silly religious stuffs in the mirth?

if I can recall, the woman teacher killed by secondary school students in Yobe state because she touched koran was a Yoruba woman.

come out of sentiment

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Outofsync:

Yorubas fully support restructuring, in fact,we have the best chance of surviving in our own region.

However Ipob has continously shown themselves to be anti-yoruba, the vituperative attacks on NL bear witness.

Don't even think of pulling this nonsense on us here when we all know the truth.
but this is not about IPOB or even Igbo.

don't be because they said Igbo, when they carry their swords, they don't know the difference between Igbo and any other person.

I am.soeaking from experience.

on the other hand, name callings and abuses on Nairaland is a culture of all Nigerians without exception.
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by cruzyteejay(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2017
Outofsync:

the scenario on nairaland is not a case study,i hardly take them serious......am not their type,hence i don't reason that way,besides it has been a two sided game unlike what you stated as igbos being the defaulters
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Outofsync(m): 9:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Terkimbi01:

bros, it is time for all of us to be objective here.

if all the other tribes in Nigeria came against your tribe the way all our tribes went against the Igbo, your tribe too would have love to alienate themselves.

but get my point, this fight is not for Igbo nor about Igbo.

the word Igbo mean a different thing to the northern felons.

when the chips are down, every one us is either nyamiri or infidel.

or, you don't know how many Yoruba's who have lost their lives over some silly religious stuffs in the mirth?

if I can recall, the woman teacher killed by secondary school students in Yobe state because she touched koran was a Yoruba woman.

come out of sentiment
I am not actually being sentimental here.
I fully support the Afenifere group who condemned the Kaduna Declaration. I hate tribal wars and stuff. And it's not like I'm ignorant of the Fulani's murderous tendencies

But the issue is more convoluted than you're presenting it.

I hear this "anti-igbo" thing a lot and I find it odd. Wasn't the last president closely tied with the Ibos. Didn't all the main ministerial appointments go to the Igbos?? I honestly wonder what you mean by this "other tribes against the Igbos". It's bull to me.

Again, I reiterate, I condemn the Kaduna Declaration but let's not act like Igbos are Saints.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Outofsync(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
the scenario on nairaland is not a case study,i hardly take them serious......am not their type,hence i don't reason that way,besides it has been a two sided game unlike what you stated as igbos being the defaulters
When exactly did you join this forum??

I joined this forum in 2015 and believe me, the name calling was indeed one sided then. I had to deactivate my account because the nonsense was getting too much.

And secondly, Nairaland being a faceless forum allows people to unleash their true thoughts unlike facebook and others.

Don't even attempt to use reverse psychology bro.

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:

it baffles me when the younger generation with some level of eduction who one expects to be open minded and have the intellectual capacity to discuss issues, end up behaving like old village men who are quarreling after some shorts of ogogoro.

The only reason I am against the core north is their love for violence and blood,especially in the name of Islam.
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by cruzyteejay(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Outofsync:

When exactly did you join this forum??

I joined this forum in 2015 and believe me, the name calling was indeed one sided then. I had to deactivate my account because the nonsense was getting too much.

And secondly, Nairaland being a faceless forum allows people to unleash their true thoughts unlike facebook and others.

Don't even attempt to use reverse psychology bro.

i joined same year you did,and yea the NCAN CREW was hyper active then,the beefing was real but not one sided,i nearly quit nairaland bcus i can't stand the bigotry.....well,there is no point in arguing on this topic,we can only crave to make things better for all.shalom
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Outofsync(m): 11:13am On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
i joined same year you did,and yea the NCAN CREW was hyper active then,the beefing was real but not one sided,i nearly quit nairaland bcus i can't stand the bigotry.....well,there is no point in arguing on this topic,we can only crave to make things better for all.shalom
Same here. Ncan is even no longer as funny as it was before. Now it's just the same Shit over and over again.
Indeed let's just focus on making things better. No use crying over split milk. Peace....

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by cruzyteejay(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Terkimbi01:

it baffles me when the younger generation with some level of eduction who one expects to be open minded and have the intellectual capacity to discuss issues, end up behaving like old village men who are quarreling after some shorts of ogogoro.

The only reason I am against the core north is their love for violence and blood,especially in the name of Islam.
i gave up on youths in this forum few months after signing up......i don't really hate anybody,i treat issues as it is,not minding who is involved....and to be frank that has helped me alot.....as for the northern problem,the cause is obvious,they declined to western education over islamic almajiri education,hence the uncivilized approach to issues
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
i gave up on youths in this forum few months after signing up......i don't really hate anybody,i treat issues as it is,not minding who is involved....and to be frank that has helped me alot.....as for the northern problem,the cause is obvious,they declined to western education over islamic almajiri education,hence the uncivilized approach to issues

And the ugly truth is this,
their choice of Arabic and Islamic studies instead of arts And science has brought us to this calamity.

Boko Haram was born from that philosophy and they have not even leant from their mistakes.

The question I have been asking myself is, can they ever change?
can Nigeria ever work?

1 Like

Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by cruzyteejay(m): 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Terkimbi01:

And the ugly truth is this,
their choice of Arabic and Islamic studies instead of arts And science has brought us to this calamity.

Boko Haram was born from that philosophy and they have not even leant from their mistakes.

The question I have been asking myself is, can they ever change?
can Nigeria ever work?
my problem is this,they are following their islamic masters sheepishly,because this same folks that made them turn their back on art and science are the highest employers of art and science.checkout saudi arabia,UAE and the host of islamic countries.........if nigeria disintegrates,they will smell it hot because most of them are stark illiterates,but on the long run they will change their status quo,cus only art and science can save them
Re: The Southern/middle Beltan Ultimatum Is Childish by Terkimbi01: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
cruzyteejay:
my problem is this,they are following their islamic masters sheepishly,because this same folks that made them turn their back on art and science are the highest employers of art and science.checkout saudi arabia,UAE and the host of islamic countries.........if nigeria disintegrates,they will smell it hot because most of them are stark illiterates,but on the long run they will change their status quo,cus only art and science can save them

Splitting Nigeria may end up being a blessing in disguise for them.

they may see how backward they are and ask themselves some questions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why An Igbo Man May Never Rule Nigeria(facts) / OSINBAJO: The North And Ungovernable Nigeria Is Back / Breaking News: INEC Suspend Dino Melaye's Recall(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.