Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,460 members, 7,944,287 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? (1617 Views)

Find The Hiding Cat / Expose The Real Female Trolls And Fake Identities!!! / Teenager Flies Arik Air From Benin To Lagos Hiding In Tyre Hole. (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2010
na wa o.why are we always hiding face and identity in NL?
make we open up to each other naa
we can add our pics, complete our profile, or simply leave our emails for PMs
we cant keep hiding forever u know, lets get to know each other
i am an atheist and i no dey hide, so all other atheist, agnostics, deist, and religionist, lets all come together and show ourselves.

i didnt say u should expose all personal details of u but at least an email is very much ok.
Thank you
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by manmustwac(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
And what has this post got to do with religion?
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
nothing per say
i just think that it will be better if guys here on NL could relate personally via email at least
when i see a nice post here, i sometimes try to get in touch personally via email with the person only to get to their profile and find no contact at all
i have noticed that most guys here hide thier identities and i wish that would change
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by viaro: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2010
I think that idea is great. . but problem is that Yahoo boys will load your e-box with spam and all sorts of junk. It happens, trust me. Prolly that's why most people using online forums and blogs these days keep even email addy hidden - until someone requests them.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
yea i understand that part of reason but even if y boys load ur mail with jumk, u still choose what and which mails to read and ignore other mails

or maybe NL could introduce the "PM (personal message)" feature, that will be much better.
moderator biko take note smiley
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by viaro: 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2010
I second the NL "PM (personal messaging)" - it's much easier and saves posters the hassles of trying to empty their e-boxes of junk and spam mails on a daily basis.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
thanks guys
somebody or the moderator needs to get seun's attention on this issue
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by KMTee(f): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2010
I dont think it's necessary, if you want to have personal relationship with anyone
on NL, simply ask the person's email addy or phone No directly and if he/she wishes, its left for him/her to decide.
Don't force pple to reveal their identity, afterall there are other packages where u can see and
view others profiles either on yahoomsger, facebook or my yearbook. smiley
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by manmustwac(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2010
@ascony
i remember trying to hold a connversation with u thru messenger sometime ago {b4 i became a mod} and u just shunned me. Now your saying that we should all get to know each other.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2010
I dont think it's necessary, if you want to have personal relationship with anyone
on NL, simply ask the person's email addy or phone No directly and if he/she wishes, its left for him/her to decide.
Don't[b] force[/b] pple to reveal their identity, afterall there are other packages where u can see and
view others profiles either on yahoomsger, facebook or my yearbook.

my man i no dey force any person o. its just my humble opinion. For what shall it profit a man if he writes and writes and nobody knows who is writing? undecided undecided

@ascony
i remember trying to hold a connversation with u thru messenger sometime ago {b4 i became a mod} and u just shunned me. Now your saying that we should all get to know each other. Huh

jeez!! are u sure it was me? when did this happen? honestly man, i can never shun anybody, but even if it did happened, just know that it wasnt intentional, pls whats ur ymsg id let me see if i can remember. ,
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by manmustwac(m): 4:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
manmustwack2001@yahoo.com
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by bawomolo(m): 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2010
pms would be great. only mods can send admin messages now
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by skydancer: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2010
@Ascony. Some people are quite very reserved by nature. Nland is a forum and besides like KMTee pointed out, it's that easy. Why hide your feelings about someone. Simply ask the person to give you his/her ad.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Ascony(m): 8:30am On Jan 23, 2010
@ skydancer
so if am interested in 50 ppl here on NL, i would have to create 50 posts for each or i shud start following their threads one by one to beg for their emails? na wa o.
its just a suggestion and i dont mean that it must be compulsory. the PM will be really great, just think about it.

@manmustwack, u never accept me add request, , still waiting
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by na2day2(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2010
Ascony:

na wa o.why are we always hiding face and identity in NL?
make we open up to each other naa
we can add our pics, complete our profile, or simply leave our emails for PMs
we cant keep hiding forever u know, lets get to know each other
i am an atheist and i no dey hide, so all other atheist, agnostics, deist, and religionist, lets all come together and show ourselves.

i didnt say u should expose all personal details of u but at least an email is very much ok.
Thank you

for some stupid reason, i use to think that NL has moderators, apparently not! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by muhsin(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2010
viaro:

I second the NL "PM (personal messaging)" - it's much easier and saves posters the hassles of trying to empty their e-boxes of junk and spam mails on a daily basis.

Some months ago I requested this on NL board, but surprise none among the site's admin cared to respond. Why? Almost every other discussion fora like this provide means via which members can communicate privately, i.e. PM.

Please take note of this now. Thanks
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by DeepSight(m): 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2010
This is a great Idea. I want to see the face of that Italian Gangster, Viaro. cool cool cool grin grin

What a strange fellow, an Italian Mobster who speaks victorian English!

I have never hidden my own face. It's there on my profile (although only half of it!)
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by manmustwac(m): 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2010
@deepsight
viaro was formerly Pilgrim1 a muslim who converted to christianity. Who left the forum for a few months then re emerged as viaro.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Tudor6(f): 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2010
Everybody should show their face and stop hiding. . . Manmustwac where is thy picture?

So far i've seen only davidylan, krayola, jesoul. . . .thats it!

I want to see mazaje, toneyb, kunle, huxley and noetic.

Everybody reveal thyself!
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 24, 2010
Manmu pls forward d issue of PM to seun.There re lots of things to discuss with pple in private&not openly posting thing
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by mamagee3(f): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
Which Nigerian would be proud of calling himself/herself a Nigerian? grin grin
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by H2O2: 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2010
Tudór:

Everybody should show their face and stop hiding. . . Manmustwac where is thy picture?

So far i've seen only davidylan, krayola, jesoul. . . .thats it!

I want to see mazaje, toneyb, kunle, huxley and noetic.

Everybody reveal thyself!
What about you bro? Reveal thyself. Surely, that is not your picture on your profile.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by H2O2: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2010
@poster

relevance to religion if i may ask?
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by manmustwac(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2010
@tudor
show me your picture then i'll show u mine. Or would u prefer to meet in the flesh when i reach nija in april?
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by N101: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2010
H2O2:

@poster

relevance to religion if i may ask?

None. But it would be nice to be able to interact via email or in person even if some of us choose not to show our pics.

I agree with Muhsin - it would be nice if we were allowed to PM one another.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by H2O2: 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2010
I feel you cheesy
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by chic2pimp(m): 11:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ post

The same reason why you are hiding yours.
Show us your own picture. I mean real picture not some blurry thing.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by na2day2(m): 1:56am On Jan 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Which Nigerian would be proud of calling himself/herself a Nigerian? grin grin

me, i am proud to be a nigerian cool cool cool
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by skydancer: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ascony:

@ skydancer
so if am interested in 50 ppl here on NL, i would have to create 50 posts for each or i shud start following their threads one by one to beg for their emails? na wa o.
its just a suggestion and i dont mean that it must be compulsory. the PM will be really great, just think about it.

@manmustwack, u never accept me add request, , still waiting
Your idea is not a bad one at all, but what am saying is that people on NL know that they can choose to enable people to see their email. Making it compulsory might not be accepted by some people like one of my friends who only stays on forums because he can discuss anonymously. Besides, some actually want you to follow their posts,
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by PastorAIO: 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
We need to hide because if people find out that we are pastors from Christ Embassy they will stop taking up seriously.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by AKO1(m): 6:39am On Jan 27, 2010
PMing would reduce people's interaction on boards, I think.
Re: Why Are We Hiding Our Identities? by Sparkles3: 1:36pm On Jan 27, 2010
PM's used to be available in 2006 on nairaland but it was later disenabled! sad

It will be a great idea If the Moderators could bring back the function

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Allah! The God Of Abraham,isaac And Jacob,the God Of Isreal? / Militants Round Up And Chained By Israeli Soldiers During Gaza Strike / hhjjjjj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.