Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills (38159 Views)

NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / 85000 Prepaid Meters To Be Shared Across Ikorodu, Ikeja, Oshodi, Abule Egba / Stop Paying Bills! NERC Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by TheFreeOne: 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
MD customers only? What about millions of non MD customers? SMH.

That rocket scientist is gradually becoming useless like his useless 'BOB' 'BC' boss.

APC came to power on the mantra of change but they aren't willing to change.

What a useless government.

1 Like

Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by murmee: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
jamace:
If you don't take shiit, PHCN will bow.
Stop paying estimated bills. If all those without prepaid meters stop paying, PHCN business will collapse and tell you, PHCN will provide prepaid meters for all customers.
Nigerians must unite to fight open cheating by PHCN.
I totally agree with you!
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by CioAngels(f): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
NERC is manned by same stealing leaders who are not to be trusted becos they only talk/lies on pages of news papers to be seen as working. NERC is talking about MD, what about others, they should continue to pay for darkness. The NERC, i think is in partnership with DISCOS to swindle the already poor consumers by distributing letters condemning old working/active meters saying that the implication is that consumers will pay estimated billing afteral Nigeria is corrupt. Mr fashola, i think aiso that you are part of the stealing from the poor to get richer? It is deliberate attempt not to give prepaid meters so that consumers will continue to pay estimated bills. The people in authorities are bloody armed robbers.
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by skot: 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Kindly pay attention to paragraph 3 where it says that the distribution companies were given a dead line of 30 November 2016 to complete metering of all customers. This already has been breached. One can only conclude by seeking further clarification from NERC.their contacts are available on their site
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by cashlurd(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
For those wey go carry the news for head, make u try no pay NEPA bills na, u no go get light till you pack out from that house
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by Malawian(m): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nbote:
And wen NEPA officials disconnect our transformer or wires or whichever form of disconnection dey chose what are we supposed to do? Arrest dem with police or fight dem?? It's easier said dan done... Both NERC, PHCN, GENCOs, DISCOs, TANKOs and all of dem are all in it together.. What have dey done to make sure Prepaid metres are provided to consumers? What have dey done to sensitize electricity consumers about dis?? No consumer enjoys paying for lite he/she doesn't /hasn't seen or used.. But what choice do we have wen Estimated bills are generated using God-knows-what criteria and distributed first week of d month and by d 2nd week dey are carrying ladders going house to house and asking U silly questions like dey rented d apartment for u.. Even with d prepaid metre, d fixed charges are a whole different issue completely.. Until dey start doing more to show dey are actually trying to regulate things den dis is jus anoda word of mouth - All talk and no action...
O boy, one nepa marketer been dey my office dey estimate the billings with my office calculator, i bow tire that day grin grin
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by gabbytabby: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
This really needed to happen to sanitise the system. The arbitrary billing system was just a fraudulent system perpetrated against the citizens and should not have been allowed to go on after sale.

The distribution cos lack foresight cos they will actually be better off by a metering system unless they are more interested in doing nothing and continuing to receive bribe from the generator sellers and petrol stations in order to continue to hold the citizenry to ransom thereby destroying the opportunity for our great nation to make progress.

Thanks NERC.
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by mekyno777(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
futurenix:
*Modified *
Extend it to NMD customers, we need it more than the MD customers.

I was giving #8000+ for March, 6000+ for April and 8000+ for May with unmetered reading and within these 3 months of about 90 days with 2160 hours, I did not make use of 60 hours of electricity combined.

These disco guys are the highest fraud to ever happen in the history of Nigeria.
Why u still dey pay?
If ur living in ur own house or u can tell them to cut and pack the wire till ur ready for them, do.
Or u can go and buy the new meter (rechargeable).

They extort d ignorant nigerians with no choice because they have no one to run to for help.......i dnt knw if we hav regulatin agency at all to report to, for poor service.
Do u know that this disco reject large chunk of electricity generated and pushed to them, so dey buy a small chunk of it, share that small one dey bought and still charge high/exobitant price lyk they bought much electricity frm the GENCO or gave light for 21 hrs a day, and make much illegal money from customers.
I hope u get the extortion tactics?
That why fashola told small industries and big estates to negotiate directly with GENCO and get/ buy light

1 Like

Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by stilldoingokay(f): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
let hope is true
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
So how do we get in touch with them ?
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by xcellinking(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
How can this be enforced please...?
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by gamaliel9: 9:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
This is the rubbish you want us to continue as "one Nigeria" Akiko
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by maisauki: 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
This won't still stop biafra from coming into reality.
I pray all d evil forces playing wot ur brain b shatered
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by lumeneng22: 7:34am On Jun 12, 2017
What the foolish nepa men are doing is to go about with ladders to collect #1000 each from customers that are owing and those not registered twice every month, first week and last week.
Re: NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills by seemsnice: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
just dont know the problem of this EKEDC, I av been disconnected over a month now and they stil bring #11,000 bill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Campbell: What FBI Probe Of Abba Kyari Means For Buhari Government / Three Senators Dump PDP For APC (Sahabi Ya’u, Peter Nwaoboshi, Lawal Anka) / Pictures From Labour Party Meeting In Kadana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.