Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,200 members, 7,910,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? (13542 Views)

Poll: How many times did you write JAMB?

1: 39% (57 votes)
2: 25% (36 votes)
3: 18% (26 votes)
4: 7% (11 votes)
5: 4% (7 votes)
6 or more!: 4% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

JAMB/UME 2012 Exam Date: Shifted/Postponed? / JAMB (UME) 2006/2007 Is Out! / JAMB (UME) Examination Date Postponed(?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by LAGATA(m): 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
wrote mine abt three times! it got to a stage i felt i was under a spell, bt the worse came frm my family. They thought i was actually neva intelligent as i portrayed grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by lilvonz(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2007
I wrote JAMB 15 times grin and never scored above 180 in any of them shocked.
Well, i am planning to write the last one next year wink.
Pray for me grin. i am becoming old smiley.
angry
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by tboy1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
Wrote mine twice 177 and 249. The second was through Expo(Real Talk) although i would have passed it because the questions were not as bad as i thought. Got the Expo about 8pm the Night before and me and 6 of my friends crammed the Expo results till 4.30 the morning of the exam. When the result came out everyone of my friends got btw 220 and 249(U know who got the highest) Presently we're all graduates-Med, Engineer, Computer Science, Law. I got admin into Lag but left for UK before i even completed my first yr. We took the Jamb in 1998(probably the yr most Exam results was scraped). Till today i always joke with my firends that i got them all admin into Uni,
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by FemiD(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2007
Once. Of course i did it myself and scored 248, i wouldn't have risked trading what I know and dabble into the uncertainty of an hurriedly prepared expo. Moreso, as at then, I was not really street-sharp enough to get me the expos as it was only the bigger boys that could access it. Well, my score was just good enough to get me a placement into the Chemical Engineering Department, on the concession list, though. Graduated, working and definitely have not bothered thinking about JAMB until I came across this post.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by uchetobi(f): 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2007
twice o! 198 and 257.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:31pm On Jun 26, 2007
@topic
took jamb once, made the cut off mark to study economics, but was not ready or interested in studying in Nigeria. so i did not take it serious.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2007
Twice - 169 and 215

Through with Electrical/Electronics Engineering with FUTO finally
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by instinct(m): 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2007
I wrote my jamb just once. scored 207 and gained admission into an Engineering degree course.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by mddude(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2007
texazzpete:

'Bitter truth' my arse. YOU sound really bitter. For you to say that most of the people that enter Unis in Naija didn't write their own JAMB, that speaks volumes for your own level of ignorance. If you're so much of an olodo, then don't seek to tar others with the same brush

Wrote my own JAMB as a tiny, fearful 15 year old. finished my english with 20 mins to spare, the incompetent JAMB officials refused to hand over the remaining subject combination until after the english timem had elapsed andn the combination time had begun, then they started sharing the other papers.
How did they do it? they'd go to the first person and ask him what he wanted, then they'd go rummage through the pile and get it for him, all at a pace that'd make a snail look supersonic. I started my JAMB 25 mins later after i begged someone in front to please tear out his Maths section so i could start.

Scored 207. And i became an engineering student soon afterward

Jamb of May 24th 1997. highest in naija less than 270. Not like these high-scoring JAMBs we got nowadays. . .

I did my UME in 1991 and the highest scores was 320, so I guess your set wasnt that good that and that was "nowadays" for me when you did yours
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by inze(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26, 2007
Took mine once and came out 259 got admission after then, its all by the grace of God,

I n z e
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by samyyoung1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
na u know
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2007
twice
in 1994( was still in secondary) i think i scored 213. iwas sick at the time.if my mum hadn't hustled me, probably wouldn't have taken it.i think i was 15, maybe 16 really can't remember.

in 1995, was already in university, but i'd registered before admission, so i took it.can't remeber the score. . .

you know what i find really funny about jamb? you often find that the fellows who scored the highest are OLD.(not all of them) as in they must have taken jamb like 6 or more times before they got that score.i as looking at a brochure the other day when i noticed this.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Onyema1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
Texazzpete or what do you call your self. You what i exactly meant, you just attached my post albert uninformed, that my position was borne out of bad faith, and then blew your own trumpet that you wrote jamb when you where 15 and so on. On one fell swoop, you turn round to advocate for the change of the topic to read just what seems to be a corroboration of my posting. I know that in most of the universities in Nigeria, irrespective of the discipline one is, general studies (GS) is mandatory in first year. As a component of the GS package, logic and clear thought is prominent. This helps to sharpen our reasoning process and produce thoughts devoid of fallacies.

If you had ended your submission with your first post, i had already positioned my mind to categorise you as an exception to my earlier classification. But now, i am convinced that you are just a , let me spare this adjective for the sake of decent people that might be reading this post.

I put it to you that, that person you referred to in your last post is no other person but your self. This is another bitter truth, which only you can corroborate.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by nweobor(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
omo men jamb is bad news first one_188
sec one_seized
third one_seized
after so many jacking being also an ond holder from uniben scored 196
u can see what i am talking abt jamb is not an exam body it is totally rubbish
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by uyai(f): 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2007
i wrote mine twice

first one 202 (1999) , second 199 ( 2000), then i left the country
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by tonte(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2007
i did myne twice the first one i got 244 but it was through P-TOWN style u know runs and funny enough i couldn't use it 4 anything the 2nd one was written by myself in 1 village in kwara wher i looked 4 runs 2 no avail so i got 195 and dats wat got mii admission after post jamb exams
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by tayo4me(f): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2007
first jamb was in 2005(202), second in 2007 (234). mite end up not using it, as it is i already missd the post jamb of my 2nd choice which is lasu undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by samsilo(m): 5:50am On Jun 27, 2007
By God's grace once. I don't know if I am lucky, but in my profession failing exams is almost normal but from jamb till my last professional exam in Jan 2007 only 2 managed to trip me .In 4th year(I was partying too much) and one bloody exam post grad. It used to annoy some of my colleagues who felt I and my friends were not serious so did not deserve to pass.
What they did not know was we used to read from like 6pm to 11- 12 at night and move from there straight to Club and come back in the morning drunk and noisy, so they felt we were useless students.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Muyee(m): 10:45am On Jun 27, 2007
i wrote thrice - 240, 265 and 273. I go admission to UI with 2nd and OAU ife with the 3rd
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by justme3(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2007
i wrote mine four times, didnt get up to 200 in the first three sittings but got 284 the fourth time, currently in unilag
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by ytex82(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2007
how come all u guys all did so well in your jamb ume exams.nigeria should be proud of u guys
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by gbadex1(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2007
wrote mine 3 times. got 237 first time, 271 second and 268 third, had ta switch courses on all three occasions 'cause i wasn't sure of what i wanted as at then and i wanted a course that could primarily fit into fine art as at that was what i wanted to do initially but pressure from folks made me drop fine art,   embarassed grin cool na the third one i dey use enta sukul na, grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by suszynas: 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2007
I took jamb only twice and the 1st one was in 2003 and score 176 but the 2nd was so good after much preparation in 2006 with 265 and with that I had confident that I will be admitted only to be denied admission on the basis of favouritism and non-indegine level and now just trying put together and see what the future holds for me.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by olatos(f): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2007
I took JAMB once, and scored 207 in 1998, I also took WAEC 1nce in 1998 and used it for admission into UI dat same year. Thank God am a Graduate now now and working, smiley
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by kitaun(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
its so funny, in the poll majority claimed to have passed one time meanwhile their stories say otherwise shocked

could it be some vote, but don't post their success stories undecided

as for me, I DID MINE A RECORD 20 TIMES, hope u guys don't wonder why JAMB has beautiful structures grin na our form money over the years wey we dey repeat them dey use tongue

e get one time sef, wey my name de appear for JAMB question as sample cry

ON A SERIOUS NOTE

I did mine once in 1994, and that year the highest was 278, only about 10 people made 270 and above cool

and for that guy who claims to have written his in 1991 and that the highest was 320, do u think we are talking about common entrance here? shocked angry no one scored that high a mark those days cool
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Thesaint1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2007
I sat for jamb for once after all attempt to get a direct entry failed, I score 249 was surprised anyway, but i use it for admission am now in UNIPORT. thank God. cool

@exazzpete
you may be right in your opinion but that's fallacy of faulty generalisation. I wrote my own myself and I know a lot of friend who are in sch now who wrote their jamb themselves and had high score.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by Tundeadio: 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2007
I did my JAMB twice. In 1990 while in SS3 and then in 1991. I got admitted 1992. I have sicce been a graduate in 1998. That time was far better than what is obtainable now as you have to read and pass then.
The whole thing is different now. if you know your ways you will gain admission even though you are very dull. On the contrary, you could be very brilliant and still suffer setbacks gaining admission for years. It is now a matter of survival for the fittest.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by desertboom(m): 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2007
JAMB wahala,
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by anusule(m): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2007
i took ume just once, @17, did most by myself and the ones i dint knw through expo. lol. i tot i had really passed till i saw the result, i had a 240. i wanted medcine then bt dint get it, that was my first and last time with jamb cos i left nigeria.
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by khenied: 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2007
well I must say this is ambiguous, nobody will say the truth, anyway be happy once u are in skool and get out with no problem, have a good work at hand, it does not matter ho many times one might have written it my guy. Weldone. I have no condemnation 4 this thread but I am of the befief that ONLY FEW OF US, WILL SAY THE TRUTH, no thanks to low ebb of Nigeria education coupled with ASUU, I drop here!
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by kilma(f): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2007
i took it 2 times 213 and 199 in 2003 and 2004. luckily for in that same 2004 i told the diploma form for unilag and i am now in 300level. i'm actually on IT right now. grin
Re: How Many Times Did You Take The JAMB UME? by kilma(f): 2:16pm On Jun 29, 2007
i took it 2 times 213 and 199 in 2003 and 2004.  ;Dluckily for me in that same 2004 i took the diploma form for unilag and i am now in 300level. i'm actually on IT right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yabatech Post Ume 2010/2011 / Delsu State 2011/2012 Admission / Maduka University Receives Its Operating License From NUC In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.