Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,900 members, 7,872,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest (42270 Views)

Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest / Ango Abdullahi Backs Quit Notice To Igbos Issued By Northern Youths / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Outofsync(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2017
linusbnn:

When I say the north should write,i mean look through the presidency to all aspect of the government of the day,whom do you find dominating?it goes down to all the uniform body of the nation,whom do you find there. The letter AU and UN will take seriously will be the one from either the presidency,the senate or the military. Ipob has written countless times to UN but it will be regarded as complain unless the government writes theirs.
And during the last administration, who was VERY sympathetic to igbos, why didn't you push this agenda

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Smoothie01(f): 11:21am On Jun 11, 2017
Believe these Northern mo'fuckers youths at ur own peril...Even if Igbos leave the North, the Northerners will still fight any plans of secession....There have to be a signed agreement to a referendum or something.....

I'll say the men should send their wives and kids home while they stay back to guard their investment and at the same time make plans to liquidate their landed properties at prevailing prices for fresh start at home....I want to believe most Igbos in diaspora have houses back at home, I av not met one that doesn't...
If they don't have, this is where IPOB shud come in...not just press releases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by eldeens: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:
What is it with all these back and forth?

"Igbos welcome Arewa quit notice"

"Igbos dare Arewa, we are going nowhere Ango Abdullahi should be arrested"

You want to be separated from the zoo so that you can develop at the speed of light, yet you don't want to leave the zoo.

The north is a parasite, yet the host doesn't want to be separated from the parasite, what kind of logic is that?

Igbos, pls be consistent, especially at this cross road.

SO all these agitations are baseless, i was waiting to hear Kanu say "all biafrans should relocate from the zoo back."

IPOB: i hate to be with you, i hate this zoo, free me so i can go my way.
ZOO: okay i have given u ultimatum, you should leave my house, i dont want you to stay any longer.
IPOB: Nooo, i am going no where, i dont want to leave the zoo but i will still agitate to leave.

How logical is this?

17 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2017
We will remain in the North until there is referendum. Only then we can park all our things and go. All hail Biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by jbnm: 11:30am On Jun 11, 2017
confusion everywhere.igbos should decide wat dey really want.is either dey leave or dey accept one Nigeria.u can't eat ur cake n have it twice

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by komia: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2017
Biafra in our lifetime. I believe people have an inalienable RIGHT to decide who and how they should be governed
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 11, 2017
Besides, the massacre will not happen immediately after the deadline. It might even take a year or more for that. Reason: many Igbo in the North will become boastful when the northern youths failed (by force or by changing their mind) to do anything after the deadline. Then, the real unannounced pogrom may follow. Strong Advice: Igbo living in the North or their brothers back home should resist being boastful or treat their host with arrogance or disdain after the expiration of the ultimatum and nothing happens.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by greatermax77(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2017
opalu:
IGBOS WILL NOT LEAVE ANYWHERE!
NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL OF US.

Even in the event of separation of Nigeria (which I know is impossible), they simply become business people in a foreign Land just as you have Chinese etc.
I believe in ONE Nation under God. Nigeria is not too big, if not China, India that each have more than 1 billion citizens would have been progressing. America is far more populated than Nigeria and even with diverse languages and nationalities. Yet they didn't divide with their 50 states. We just have 36 states and we want to devise.
If you are waiting for Nigeria to divide, then you will wait till eternity.
Keep dreaming & continue to over assure yourself. Those nations you mentioned have removed ethnic setiments in thier politics.
You will surely be a witness to Nigeria break up.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by millionaireman: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2017
All these arguments back and forth help no body.
It's because the northern military dictators who restructured Nigeria politically to favour only north, and supervised a constitution - the dictators tactfully excluded the most important ingredient in democracy - REFERENDUM - from the constitution.

Therefore, Nigerian groups are held like slaves for the benefit of the Fulani-led northern Nigeria in one Nigeria.

No body, not even the colonial masters has the right to hold groups in a most dysfunctional Nigeria without option of peaceful exit
It's criminal holding people together this way.

After a referendum is conducted, that's when we shall know what the people asking for exit from Nigeria truly want; not by these useless arguments and blackmails going back and forth.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2017
chloride6:

Is that the issue at hand? There are over 250 ethnic groups in this country but only the Hausas issued an ultimatum.

How many ethnic groups were in Nigeria when that monkey called cownu was threatening thunder and brimstones?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by eldeens: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You want to be separated from the zoo so that you can develop at the speed of light, yet you don't want to leave the zoo.

The north is a parasite, yet the host doesn't want to be separated from the parasite, what kind of logic is that?

SO all these agitations are baseless, i was waiting to hear Kanu say "all biafrans should relocate from the zoo back."

ZOO: okay i have given u ultimatum, you should leave my house, i dont want you to stay any longer.
IPOB: Nooo, i am going no where, i dont want to leave the zoo but i will still agitate to leave.

How logical is this?
chloride6:

Is that the issue at hand? There are over 250 ethnic groups in this country but only the Hausas issued an ultimatum.

Are you dumb? Or cant you read and understand simple english? "Arewa Coaliation Group" encompases all northerners, Arewa means North regardless of tribe or religion.

Why all this beating arouns the bush sef, i thought guys will just say okay we are almost leaving and this will serve as a push. I
I can see hypocrisy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by eph12(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

What's this one saying?

Are the Chinese and Indians in Nigeria without the approval of the Nigerian govt?

Do the Chinese and Indians call Nigeria zoo?

Do these countries call Nigerians parasites?

The day these countries start those madness is the end of the diplomatic ties between them and Nigeria.

I believe in ONE Nation as well but restraints should be exercised in condemnation especially if one benefits from the "one nation", not by being too full of oneself.

The way these people talk will make you wonder if they even benefit anything from the zoo.
Just recently it was in the news about how​ fantastically corrupt Nigerians are. Guess who made​ that statement? Has it stopped any business between both countries? I guess you haven't found yourself in the midst of Indians so you know what​ they really​ think about you​.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by eldeens: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2017
okochaik:
We will remain in the North until there is referendum. Only then we can park all our things and go. All hail Biafra

I dont understand?

You mean you still want to remain in the zoo, comon you are bigger than that just pack up and leave with or wothout referendum if really the course you are fighting is a genuine one.

I smell hypocrisy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by franudi: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Talk like a wise person.Is that the way to separate from a country?Things have to be done formally.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by franudi: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2017
buchilino:
THOUGH IT WILL PAIN ME, BUT I C HISTORY REPEATING AGAIN. DIS FOOLISH IGBOS LEADERS WILL NEVA LEARN.
Why do you call them foolish?There are formal ways separating a country.Arewa quit notice is not a formal way and must be ignored.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by millionaireman: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2017
opalu:
IGBOS WILL NOT LEAVE ANYWHERE!
NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL OF US.

Even in the event of separation of Nigeria (which I know is impossible), they simply become business people in a foreign Land just as you have Chinese etc.
I believe in ONE Nation under God. Nigeria is not too big, if not China, India that each have more than 1 billion citizens would have been progressing. America is far more populated than Nigeria and even with diverse languages and nationalities. Yet they didn't divide with their 50 states. We just have 36 states and we want to devise.
If you are waiting for Nigeria to divide, then you will wait till eternity.

America has only the English culture and value systems serving American political process.
You must abide by that English culture in any public sphere in American politics process.

There are diverse cultures competing for supremacy over the other cultures in Nigeria.

That supremacy fight is what has kept Nigeria ungovernable and unmanageable.

The Chinese have the Chinese value systems governing political process.

India once had diversity in value systems, but discovered the diversity, hence mainly Muslim Pakistan and Indonesia separated from India. Today, a commonly shared value systems guide political process of India.

Nigeria with diverse value systems can never attain nationhood even after more genocides and wars of conquest.

You are alone if you are truly Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2017
eph12:

Just recently it was in the news about how​ fantastically corrupt Nigerians are. Guess who made​ that statement? Has it stopped any business between both countries? I guess you haven't found yourself in the midst of Indians so you know what​ they really​ think about you​.

Whatsoever impression you have against whomsoever, be very diplomatic in your dealings with him as long as your association with him is of mutual benefit, that is symbiosis- both of you need each other.

But the ibos are saying in very clear terms that their association with Northerners is purely parasitism, North being the parasites.

Of course Indians are racists but very diplomatic in international relations.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2017
franudi:
Talk like a wise person.Is that the way to separate from a country?Things have to be done formally.

Take this gospel to that monkey called cownu.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by franudi: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

There is nothing war in three months quit notice. Three months is sufficient.
So when the Igbos obey the qiut notice,what next? Will they be given BIAFRA?
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2017
franudi:
So when the Igbos obey the qiut notice,what next? Will they be given BIAFRA?

Action towards its realisation will be expedited.

Besides, what are they doing in the midst of cows?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by chloride6: 11:57am On Jun 11, 2017
eldeens:

How logical is this?

Are you dumb? Or cant you read and understand simple english? "Arewa Coaliation Group" encompases all northerners, Arewa means North regardless of tribe or religion.

Why all this beating arouns the bush sef, i thought guys will just say okay we are almost leaving and this will serve as a push. I
I can see hypocrisy.

See me see reverse psychology ooh. What gives you the right to give such incendiary ultimatums. Yorubas did not, Edos did not, Isokos did not, Only the most self entitled people on earth, Hausas gave an ultimatum. IPOB said they wanted to break away from Nigeria not Arewa. Why are you the most pained.

And stop that Arewa is much more than Hausa/Fulani, you aren't talking to your younger brother.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by eph12(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Whatsoever impression you have against whomsoever, be very diplomatic in your dealings with him as long as your association with him is of mutual benefit, that is symbiosis- both of you need each other.

But the ibos are saying in very clear terms that their association with Northerners is purely parasitism, North being the parasites.

Of course Indians are racists but very diplomatic in international relations.
What's​ the difference? They do not hide their racism. What is diplomatic about that?

I don't see how it's better​ to prefer someone who​ jokes with me​ in my face and​ stab me in my back to someone who's​ clear about his feelings​ towards me. At least I know what to expect from the one that is very​ clear about his thoughts. If you claim to prefer those that pretend about their real intention it will be a big lie.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by franudi: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:
[s][/s]

Go and preach peace to the albino London Street hustler who has been drumming for war since the beginning of 2nd qtr of 2015.
Nobody is begging you for peace, do your worst.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by chloride6: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
LionDeLeo:

How any ethnic groups were in Nigeria when that monkey called cownu was threatening thunder and brimstones?

Unfortunately you aren't making any sense here. Even the post shows reference to the Yoruba Nation yet we haven't issued ultimatums.

Why are Hausa the most pained in this whole issue?
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by omobritiko: 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
hammerF:
Igbo will only leave North after we get Biafra.

Arewa Youth are hopeless Bunch talking trash.

We dare dem.

You say you dare them now,am sure you are chilling in India working in KFC yet you want war ,it's people like you that call other people coward when you have not actually seen a gun before
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2017
eldeens:

I dont understand?

You mean you still want to remain in the zoo, comon you are bigger than that just pack up and leave with or wothout referendum if really the course you are fighting is a genuine one.

I smell hypocrisy

I dey craze?

What I meant is that the Area people are hungry and their main plan is not just to pursue Ibos out but to steal all they had suffered for. What if all Ibos living in the Northern part return now, yet referendum is not even in the Nigerian Constitution. The NASS have not even mentioned it for once. What will happen to those Ibos that lost all without any hope.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by Day11(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
IJOBA2:
KILL ALL THE IGBO MEN YOU SEE ON THE STREET OF KANO KADUNA AND ALL THE 19 NORTHERN STATES AFTER OCTOBER FIRST.angry
I'M AN IGBO MAN FROM ANAMBRA STATE.
ARRANT NONSENSEangry

Where is the love?

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
eldeens:

I dont understand?

I smell hypocrisy

Hypocrisy my brother, as in HYPOCRISY.

Personally, I have a feeling that ibos are even the greatest beneficiaries of this union and they know but they are the noisiest.

They will be calling others parasites because of Niger Delta Oil when they also benefit from same oil.

If you talk they will be coming up with one crap that imo and Anambra have oil too, oil that cannot power barbing salon i-pass-my-neighbour.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by southpole: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
Sealeddeal:
the truth is that Igbos have varying views about Biafra. I served in Jigawa state. I served there with some Igbos who are residents of Northern state and whenever I start my campaign of Biafra, they will reject the idea vigorously. A lot of them don't want to go.
While I will be happy if Biafra is achieved, the truth is that Arewa Youth ultimatum is uncouth and has envy and jealousy written all over it. The ultimatum has nothing to do with Biafra, they are hungry youths that think that, by confiscating Igbos belongings, they will solve their poverty problems.
If you think the quit notice has nothing to do with Biafra, then you did not analyse it correct. The hidden message in the statement is that Igbos must vacate the North when they get biafra

1 Like

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by buchilino(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
franudi:
Why do you call them foolish?There are formal ways separating a country.Arewa quit notice is not a formal way and must be ignored.

WEN A NORTHERN TELL U TO RUN, MY BROTHER U BETA RUN.
Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by LionDeLeo: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
okochaik:

I dey craze?

What I meant is that the Area people are hungry and their main plan is not just to pursue Ibos out but to steal all they had suffered for. What if all Ibos living in the Northern part return now, yet referendum is not even in the Nigerian Constitution. The NASS have not even mentioned it for once. What will happen to those Ibos that lost all without any hope.

But question is, what are they doing in a region where people are hungry?

Why can't they go and continue their hardwork in their lands where everyone is well fed?

Must you live in the midst of almajiris even without referendum?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Dare Arewa: We Won’t Leave North …demand Ango Abdullahi’s Arrest by taiyeayodeji: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
normally, i dont really like commenting on Biafra issues. I know the igbos have a right to leave Nigeria.I have several friends who are from the side.My issue with Nigerians is that mostly we do things without thinking of future and consequences in the future.Africans go to war without looking at the effect on their people and generations to come.The issue of Biafra is really complex and its not a thing that can be achieved over a day.Because a lot of issues must be cleared up.I dont blame the northerners too either because they are only fed up with constant shout of i want to leave Nigeria by IPOB.but if i would analyse what it means to be independent from Nigeria, you would agree with me that its not even a decision that can be taken within a year, talkless of 3 months.Here are my reasons:
1. Education: decisions concerning students from ipob youth schooling in Nigeria have to be taken, will they be happy to pay more since they would now be regarded as foreigners if they are no longer under Nigeria.does the ipob states have facilities to train all their youth and build universities that can accommodate them all.
2. Employment : can they employ everybody under their region since they cant be treated as citizens of Nigeria.Being Biafran, means they are foreigners and cant be guaranteed automatic right to employment in Nigerian
3. Pensioners: what happens to the several southerners who are working under the federal government and are under pension.leaving Nigeria without considering an reaching an agreement on them can be catastrophic.
4. assets of southerners in Nigeria: decisions on what happens to assets owned by southerners have to be agreed on.decisions on if they are to forfeit them or compensated must be taken.its is not a one year affair
I believe that a lot of folks don't really know what it involves and are just followers without using their intellects.I must say in the event of war,no country would like to accommodate Nigerian refugees.I stay abroad and i must say that Nigerians have a very bad reputation all over the world.Once you are Nigerians, people don't want to have anything to do with you.
The solution, i believe is a change of Name, the name Nigeria does not bring anything good again.i believe in a change of structure and administration of the country.it may be better if all regions control their resources and contribute a quota to the federal government.Nigeria is indeed very big and multi ethnic.Do you know that even within the governance of a state, some region still complain of marginization,an example is Lagos where some regions complain of being neglected in having governors ,another example is Rivers,Ondo and so many more.Soi believe nobody has exclusive right to governance and Nigeria belongs to nobody.It may be wrong for the north or any region to see the presidency as their birth right and all this things have to be discussed through a change of constitution and restructure.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko-Haram: Girl Identifies Parents’ Killer In Maiduguri / Sowore Replies Peter Obi On National Grid Collapse / Adebayo Shittu & His Buhari’s Campaign Caps In Big Ghana-Must-Go Flood Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.