Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,329 members, 7,943,817 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Do Christians Raise Their Hands While Praying On Their Offerings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Raise Their Hands While Praying On Their Offerings? (393 Views)

TB Joshua Praying On The Mountain For Coronavirus To End (Video) / Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Raise Their Hands While Praying On Their Offerings? by klassykute(m): 8:06am On Jun 11, 2017
For one reason or the other, I'm still not clet why Believers raise their hands to the roof or to heavy while praying on their offering. I once thought it belongs to God and he is in heaven, Then i was told God lives in us all,

I'm on my way to church with an offering to be raised when praying but dont know why it is so.
Re: Why Do Christians Raise Their Hands While Praying On Their Offerings? by FvckShiT(m): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2017
Cos y'all fúçkin believe Heaven is in the blôödyfúçking sky up there grin
Re: Why Do Christians Raise Their Hands While Praying On Their Offerings? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 14, 2017
I've never done that.....nor does my church.
Before the deacons come down the isle, they stand before the altar as the pastor prays and the congregation bows our heads in silence.
We, seated and quietly, put our tithes & offerings into the plate when it comes, wait for the deacons to get to the last persons/pews, stand as the offering plates are brought to the front (or until the deacons leave the sanctuary with the plates), and then sing the offeratory praise.
It''s all done decently & reverently.
Not condemning how other churches choose to do it though.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 16/06/2017) / How Pentecostals Moved The Goalposts / C. A. C., Living Water Daily Devotional Guide June 24/6/2017 Use The Rod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.