Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? (1607 Views)

Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo / Saudi Prince Flies With His 80 Hawks After Buying Air-flight Tickets For Them (2) (3) (4)

Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by HokageTravels: 10:23am On Jun 11, 2017
Airline tickets can be expensive, so it’s natural to want to get the best deal on them. Lately, it has become a regular practice for airlines to announce special rates and deep discounts for booking tickets up to a year in advance. But do these early bird fares really help you save money?

Don’t ignore the fine print
While there are plenty of offers and discounts advertised by airlines, it might not be a good idea to just opt for the ‘lowest’ rates, since there are usually various strings attached. First, most discounted tickets can’t be rescheduled or refunded. A sudden change of plan can, therefore, compel you to cancel your tickets and rebook them at a higher fare. The cancellation charges are also very high

It is however recommended for you not to book your tickets too early. One is that the further in advance you book, the better. The other is if you wait until the last minute, there will be unsold seats that the airlines will practically give away. Both of these are untrue in almost all cases.

The truth is, there is no hard and fast rule; however, there are some general trends to be aware of. Most airlines will open their flights for booking about 11 months in advance. Usually when a flight first opens for sale, fares are on the high side. The airline will keep them that way for a while to get a sense of the overall demand. As it gets closer to the flight date, you’ll begin to see sporadic sales. Then, depending on how heavily booked a flight is, you might start to see more frequent and aggressive discounting.“On average, six weeks in advance is the least expensive time to buy a domestic flight – but that does fluctuate quite a bit,” says Klee. “With popular markets on popular travel dates, it’s best to book even earlier. And always try to book at least 21 days in advance.”

This dynamic changes a bit during holidays, making it much more important to book early. The basic factor affecting a flight’s price is how full it is. In fact, airlines typically offer five to 15 different prices for the same flight, just at different times. Usually, airlines will sell the first 20 seats at their lowest fare and the next 20 at the next lowest fare, with the pattern continuing until the flight is sold out. In short, the fuller a plane is getting, the more expensive the seats will be.

The main tactic to saving money on flights is to be as flexible with your dates as possible. If you are locked into exact travel dates, it will be more of a challenge to get a great deal. However, if you are willing to fly on multiple sets of dates, the odds of finding a good deal
get better. Moreover, being flexible with the times you travel is a big help.

- Hokage Travels

Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by leviscoglobal(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
60% Affordable payment of legit and confirmable international and regional agent flight ticket source is available at 100% service.

NB: Wings anywhere around the globe. Pls only for serious and available agents/passengers on international flights. Tickets return dates last up to 6months to 1yr.

Please send names of your passengers as it appears on int'l passport and precise dates of departure and arrival.

Agent writing ticket is normally done on any airline flying to the final destination of passengers but might be luckily done on the preferred airline of the passenger because we don't dictate the preference of airline after conversion to cash to airline available for the ticket issuance. The ticket is done within a time frame of 3-5working days for confirmation and issuance.

Contact for enquiries and clarity:
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by iwuoahsamuels: 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
Lagos - Washington Dulles /NYC On

18th May and
Return 3rd August

Or cheaper tickets for

Third week of May
Return first week of August ,
Thanks a mill
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by Flowers: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2018
Can you help book ticket?
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by bebe2(f): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
Pls I need help oo, tickets from Manchester to lagos in August, am getting £4,200 for a family of 6. Just too much cry
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by HokageTravels: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Lagos - Washington Dulles /NYC On

18th May and
Return 3rd August

Or cheaper tickets for

Third week of May
Return first week of August ,
Thanks a mill

Hello Samuel's, gave you gotten a quote or do you still require a quote from me. If not, I will advise you to wait till March before getting that ticket,

Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by HokageTravels: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2018
bebe2:
Pls I need help oo, tickets from Manchester to lagos in August, am getting £4,200 for a family of 6. Just too much cry

Hello Bebe

We all know buying a ticket few days/weeks to the travel date is expensive but few people also know that buying months away could also be expensive.

I will put you in a reminder. Best time to purchase your August ticket is mid June to late June.

Hope that helped.
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by HokageTravels: 7:38am On Feb 12, 2018
Flowers:
Can you help book ticket?

Yes, I can.

Thank you
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by bebe2(f): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
HokageTravels:

Hello Bebe

We all know buying a ticket few days/weeks to the travel date is expensive but few people also know that buying months away could also be expensive.

I will put you in a reminder. Best time to purchase your August ticket is mid June to late June.

Hope that helped.

Oh really??

We already bought. About £4k

But I would like to compare it with buying In June.

Tnks
Re: Booking Air Tickets Early , Does It Actually Save You Money? by HokageTravels: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
bebe2:

Oh really??

We already bought. About £4k

But I would like to compare it with buying In June.

Tnks

Sure, I will keep you posted about the fare difference come June. Have a lovely day.

Please Help!!! Passport Issues / Photo Shows A Woman Alleged To Be A Nigerian At US Port Of Entry / How To Get An Australian Visa Easily