Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,147 members, 7,919,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:22 PM

Ghost MKO Abiola Of June 12 Still Haunting Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghost MKO Abiola Of June 12 Still Haunting Nigeria (308 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me / MKO Abiola & Obasanjo In Secondary School (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghost MKO Abiola Of June 12 Still Haunting Nigeria by boluwambe: 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dele Momodu, publisher of Ovation magazine, says Nigeria is still being haunted by the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election.
MKO Abiola

Publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu, has stated that Nigeria is still being haunted by the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election.

Speaking in an interview with Punch, Bob D as the former presidential candidate is fondly called, said that many of the problems bedeviling the country were ripple effects of the annulment of an election “clearly won” by MKO Abiola.

Momodu, who was Abiola’s media campaign manager during the election, also said the country was already on its path to greatness but “wasted the golden opportunity” the election presented.

“On that date, there was nothing like political thugs and no life was lost during election, there was nothing like snatching of ballot boxes and even rain refused to fall though it was a rainy season,” he said.

“June 12 has been killed but I believe it has not been buried. The ghost of June 12 is what is haunting Nigeria today.

“Nigeria was on the march again, we were supposed to be the Dubai or Singapore of Africa because God has given us everything that we need to be the number one.

“That is why when I hear people talking about Biafra, Arewa, Afenifere and co, it is because we lost a golden opportunity on June 12, 1993 and I am not sure it would be easy for anyone to forgive us for wasting such a glorious opportunity.”

Momodu said he had a premonition about Abiola’s death two days to his demise.

“Tokunbo Afikuyomi and I had gone to visit Nduka Obaigbena somewhere close to Park Lane in London and we were with him till the early hours of Sunday. While we were leaving, we saw the first edition of Sunday Times of London and I bought a copy because we saw something on Abiola in it.

http://naijatim..com.ng/2017/06/mko-abiola-ghost-of-june-12-still.html

(1) (Reply)

We Must Keep June 12 Spirit Alive – Ambode / June 12: The Little Known Details You Need To Know (A Must Read) / Statement By Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki On The CCT Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.