Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,867 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Strange Phone Call: Private Number - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Strange Phone Call: Private Number (13436 Views)

Strive Masiyiwa: Made The First GSM Phone Call In Nigeria / Benin Girl In Canada Answers An Annoying Phone Call Her Response Is Priceless / How Can I Detect Private Number When Some1 Use It To Flash Me.pls Help Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Phone Call: Private Number by dgov(m): 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2007
Hello, i received a 12 seconds phone call with private number on teusday and the person asking that i my so so, person and the owner of the phone number and immediately i said yes the person said thank you we shall get back to you and hang up. has any member of the forum received a similar call? please what is it for? Let me know.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Seun(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2007
You shouldn't disclose information to a private caller without first collecting information from him. sad
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by nazzyon(m): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2007
The call I had was close to that but the number was just weird and I later new who it was. But as for urs I don't know what you can do.

Since you responded to its question then you gotta wait till you get the call back.

I searched the net for info so learnt that the person is known but now in overseas.

But next time do not give infos.

Ciao
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by klipmode(m): 1:26am On Feb 02, 2007
at least ur own is better, sum1 has been flashin me with a hidden number for since last year, NASTY PRANK, cry
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by mela(f): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2007
hhhhmmmm my dear,urs is even better.
i 've dis serious issue wen it comes to calls
because there is one big fool that has been disturbing me
on phone
for over one year now,and yet his identity is not known
to me.i know about 4 of his phone nos.because sometimes
he forgets to hide them.dis idiot has caused me so many
things.i ve bn asking God in prayers to help me trace dis he-goat
so that i can lay my hands on him the way i like & am believing
Him that one day he will be caught.i keep wondering wat they drive
from hearing someone's voice u never know .
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by preniz88(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2007
such can be embarracing at times especially when you cannot call back the number. i have experienced such before; this fellow kept disturbing me and at the end weakend my phone battery, i later got to know that it was my room mate who was behind the whole thing, i was really mad at him PRECIOUS. angry
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by bigbaby(f): 11:05am On Feb 02, 2007
i have had fone calls like that b4 but it was just a prank call from my mates. i don't think u should worry about it that much.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by whiteroses(f): 11:21am On Feb 02, 2007
don't worry no biggie someone you know just hides his number and shows private call
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by preniz88(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2007
got your message BIGBABY i quite understand your advice, well its one of those things. one just have to be very careful thanks.           PRECIOUS
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by nikynike(f): 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2007
Yes l have received such phone. The caller might call and drop it for 4 or 5 times.So the sixth one,he will start with
lm calling from Nebraska
Guess who is on the line
Your brother
Dont u recognize my voice again
May be because l have stayed long in Nebraska
How are u?
Now l have sent Nokia , and some money through my friend.
His departure time is , This is his contact no, Call him and get those things l sent to u.

Meanwhile his calling from somewhere in Nigeria and wants my hard recharged MTN pin. grin
Ask me if l have any one in Nebraska (NO).

Dont mind them never disclosee any information to them instead, take ur time and waste their credit for them next time ur number will be deleted from their 419 list. grin grin
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by justnaught(f): 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2007
Hey,i use to get such calls last year but mine was crazy cos the number was certainly naija(celltel) and this chick kept calling or rather flashing like mad. when you call in return she say all sorths of crap and hang up, only to continue flashing you and when i made the mistake of calling with several different numers she started flashing each and every one of them. And trust me it wasnt funny at all.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by kemisole(f): 1:16pm On Feb 02, 2007
it might be 4rm these 419 people,just be very carefull wn answering d call
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Radiant(f): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2007
Give info to a 'private caller' without getting any valid info from him? Nahhh!

First of all, I have stopped taking calls from unknown numbers (private number). It can be my mother calling, but once I can't see any number, sorry!

Those complaining of receiving strange calls, why don't you change your number?

On the other hand, some people just play pranks or even some offices withold their numbers. You never can tell but seriously, never give out information to a stranger.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by toptho(f): 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2007
I hate private numbers so much,the caller is usually someone u dont know or dont want to talk to.I rarely pick them but people now know to send me texts b4 calling me with private numbers
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by OmoEko1(f): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2007
people calls me from unknown number so many times, especially this stupid guys from naija . which i don't even know they got my #. i had this strange call like 3am asking me if i was okay, how am feeling today, that his just checking on me to see if i was fine, and i don't even know this fool from Adam. i was so freaking tight beacuse he messed up my sleep and i couldn't get back to sleep, i even had a economics final exam like 7am that morning too. but i made sure i put a serious curse on him sha.now i don't even receive private or unknown # again, if u are calling me from naija show your #, there are too much stalker out there
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by naija4life(f): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2007
Its my belief that there're ways you can trace numbers, even if its private. Just mark the exact time you received the call and go to the nearest mobile network center and report. dunno if it works in 9ja but it show does elsewhere.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by zodiac(f): 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2007
i had a very bad experience because of dis private number issue. sometimes, i dnt pick private number calls.
i was dating a guy sometime ago while i was stillin school,not knowing that another girl liked him. about 4 months into d relationship, i started receiving calls from a particular girl using a private number. she was always saying that i took her man she has been inluv with for 3 years away from her and that he doesnt luv me and all.before i make a response, she would cut the phone. i never told d guy den cos he wouldnt av believed me, he is a kind of person dat will think i cooked upd story. so it went on like dat, not knowing that d same same girl was callin him and tellin him rubbish bout me.  and d guy didnt even tell me either
there was a particular day she called me very early in d mornin and said dat she was talkin 2 d guy and he cut d fone on her. she blamed me for it,saying that i was d reason he hated her. she told me i was goin  regret it.
i just called her bluff,but we i got 2 class dat day,a guy just tapped my back and gave me a dirty slap. i was so shocked.
meanwhile i dnt knw wt d girl told d guy dat day dat made him assume dat i was d one callin him. i tried convincing him dat i wsnt d one,and tried explainin 2 him hw it started and why i didnt tell him initially, but he wouldnt listen
d relationship became strained and we eventually broke up. after dat d girl called and started tauntin me with it.
d most painful aspect of it is that d guy still thinks i was d one making d private number calls his reason being that i av inferiority complex.  sad
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by kike001(f): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2007
its just someone prankin u its no biggie
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by dgov(m): 3:40pm On Feb 02, 2007
But Radiant, if i change my phone Number what about all the application that i have used this phone number for.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by baby4u2(f): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2007
@zodiac, who slapped you the guy or ur ex-boyfriend?
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by mrmayor(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2007
As a rule, I don't take Private/Unknown callers period! If anyone calls me with a private number I let it ring and ring,if its important leave a message I've got voice mail my mobile phone and landline.Taking private calls is like opening your front door to a man wearing balaclava.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by maxjax(m): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2007
As 4 me i do recieve callz frm an unknown callerz, but i av 2 confirm who u are! 2ndly, if u earlier laid any complain 2 ur service provider and they want 2 get back 2 u they uses PRIVATE NUMBAz, i have 1s xperienced that. Sumtymz its been done unknownly 2 u (d caller) if u r makin an intl call.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Radiant(f): 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2007
dgov:

But Radiant, if i change my phone Number what about all the application that i have used this phone number for.

I understand what you mean. sad
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by folkzy(f): 9:14pm On Feb 02, 2007
Please, don't respond or pick a number u do nt recognise. My dad was to send a phone to my Aunty's husband and he was bragging around to everyone that his uncle(My dad) was sending him authetic camera phone from London. Unfortunately a random guy called him and said your uncle from london said u should top his phone up for him as he just arrived at Lagos airport .He sent it  the pin/number to d guy lol (which was obviously a scam). So, u lot nid 2 be extra careful, Nigerians n their 419 sha.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Bossman(m): 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2007
Do not blindly ignore all private/unknown calls. Most of the time, when someone is calling you internationally, and they are using a calling card, it shows up as either unknown or private. Some phones show private while some show unknown. But, if you do not expect anyone to call you from abroad with a calling card, you can just ignore the calls. Also, when someone returns a call via the voice mail menu, it's going to show up as private or unknown. i.e. The VM gives them an option to return a call in response to a message that was left.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Radiant(f): 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2007
funkilicious:

My dad was to send a phone to my Aunty's wife and he was bragging around to everyone that his uncle was sending him [/b]authetic camera phone from London. Unfortunately [b]a guy called him and he said your uncle from london said u should top his phone up for him

What you talking about?
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by folkzy(f): 3:13am On Feb 03, 2007
I meant my Aunty's husband lol. I will modify my msg,i was in arush when i posted it.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by kitaun(m): 3:13am On Feb 03, 2007
She meant the dad was to be sent a fone either by her aunty or uncle's wife, lol
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by justme3(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2007
Never tell anyone your name on d phone until u r sure u know who they are.Just a simple hi and ask 4 their details.
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by Freestyl(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2007
Hey, u dont have to panic, just search urself very well, maybe you flashed the person and the person now wants to find out who was flashing.

And again never disclose ur identity to anybody that calls you first, not even the pope.

Best of luck!
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by omoatere(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2007
most of these calls are 419 calls
Re: Strange Phone Call: Private Number by kitaun(m): 1:06am On Feb 04, 2007
@Omoatere, u didnt exactly say anything new!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel 4G Ite is Live And Blazing + 4gig Trial Bonus (Speed test pics) / Etisalat Chat Pack Auto Renewal Cant Stop It, Why? / NCC Issues Licenses To MTN, Mafab Comms, As 5G Services Roll Out In August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.