Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,494 members, 7,888,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:49 AM

Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia (35709 Views)

Chuks Okebata: Police Arrest Killers Of US Army Veteran / Obituary Poster Of Chuks Okebata, Nigerian U.S Army Veteran Killed In Imo / Burial Poster Of Chuks Okebata, U.S Army Veteran Kidnapped And Killed In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by SmartyPants(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
"However, Kalu who was said to have been shot and injured in the leg was arrested by the police.

Before he died, Obere was said to have confessed to killing two policemen at the Orji Uzor Kalu Bridge, Okebata at Mbieri, Imo State and eight members of AVGS."
[i][/i]

Hehehe...

bastard was executed
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by phorget(m): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sweet story but why should I believe this? Police can lie! If we can eventually lay hands on the video then we would discover that things weren't the way they've painted it. Imo State robbery police account comes to mind.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Ebije1(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
He's a criminal i gree bt I dnt bliv dis guy killed dt soldier man. The NPF can makeup stories fr d public to bliv jst because they cant get the real culprits. They will nw say he confessed b4 he died.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Jabioro: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Their best business, hardly their rich youth engage in legit trade.. All na business
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by obyrich(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Which Ukpakiri? Please stop this lie.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by magzey: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
DrObum:
Our police should stop shooting one criminal to death.

Get him alive, interrogate and investigate, get all info about his cronies, sponsors and Co, then shoot them all!
OK if you don't shoot they will shoot you..QED

1 Like

Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by fernandoc(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Na wa for these criminals of nowadays...just small torture they will start confessing even things they did not do

Thereby making it almost impossible for a good lawyer to get them off the hook.

Na wa oo

In 24, Jack Bauer will torture like crazy and still not get a confession.

SMH
If SARS torture you..... Let me leave it there.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by fendorf(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nice one
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by ensamy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
So if we create biafra, na kidnapping and kidnapping , arm robbery go be the occupation of the youths. oooooooh God save us. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by oyejideogunjumo: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
Kimcutie:
Police in Abia State say they have shot dead a suspected kidnapper and armed robber whose gang has been involved in high profile kidnappings and killings in Abia and neighbouring states, including the killing of Imo State-born US-based army officer, Chuks Okebata.

Okebata was shot dead at Mbieri in Mbaitoli Local Government of Imo State last December when he came home on Christmas holiday.

A statement by Abia command Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Geoffrey Ogbonna, said the suspect, Samuel Kalu (aka Obere), a native of Okai Item in Bende Local Government Area was also involved in the killing of two policemen at the Orji Uzor Kalu Bridge in Aba in April.

He also reportedly participated in the killing of about eight members of the Abia State Vigilante Service (AVGS) at MCC junction along Aba-Owerri Road, early this year.

Ogbonna stated that Obere was killed when operatives from the Anti-Kidnapping Section of the State Criminal Investigation Department (D7), Umuahia, smashed the hideout of a kidnapping/armed robbery gang that had been terrorising Abia and neighbouring states, at Ukpakiri in Obingwa Local Government Area, off Aba-Ikot Ekpene Expressway.

Ogbonna disclosed that after the raid of the hideout and following a tip off, Kalu (aka Obere), a senior member of the gang was traced to Okai Item.

The PPRO stated that on sighting the operatives, Kalu opened fire and the police team responded. In the ensuing gun duel, some policemen were injured and their operational vehicle destroyed.

However, Kalu who was said to have been shot and injured in the leg was arrested by the police.

Before he died, Obere was said to have confessed to killing two policemen at the Orji Uzor Kalu Bridge, Okebata at Mbieri, Imo State and eight members of AVGS.

SunNews adds that the Command spokesman who said the police had deployed members of the Tactical Response Squad (TRS) to assist in tracking down other members of the gang and enjoined the public to volunteer useful information that would lead to the arrest of the hoodlums.

Source:- http://www.thearticle.com.ng/news/crime/killer-us-army-veteran-chuks-okebata-shot-dead-abia/

Lalasticlala
it seems the Police has woken up to their responsibilities nowadays.Bravo!
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by umarshehu58(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Still them?

I am tired of hearing them them o
Always painting Nigeria black oh Biafra i mean grin
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Drabrah(m): 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Wait! How many killers?
Thot twas reported sometime earlier dat they've "arrested" d killer.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by obyrich(m): 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Drabrah:
Wait! How many killers?
Thot twas reported sometime earlier dat they've "arrested" d killer.
Exactly what flashed through my mind. I recall having read a similar story. Coincidentally, I am typing this from UKPAKIRI in Obingwa. I have asked everyone here if there was any such incident, and they all claimed not to be aware. Na wa o. I think I will be more skeptical of what I read online these days.

1 Like

Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Finally some respite for the wife whom the family have been pegging the man's murder on. That's if them go gree, Africa is two-daful!
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by TinaAnita(f): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
DrWise:
Just don't know why my spirit keeps telling me that this piece of News is false.

Someone was shot and killed, but I don't think he's Okebata's killer.

I'd rather trust the devil than to trust the Nigerian police
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by TinaAnita(f): 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
Another innocent soul gunned down by naija police
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by donqx: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
oh
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Tecno66: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2017
olaezebala:
kill all suspects and kill chance of getting intelligent information as to arrest others. Just keep it up ooo.
You have a good point. However, if the suspect wants to go down fighting, then the police have no choice.
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by jamesharryson(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Pascalville:
karma is a bitch tongue tongue
Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by Emmydox: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
cry d man in dat pic is d u.s army vetern To chuks fair wind n follow sea

Re: Killer of US Army veteran Chuks Okebata shot dead in Abia by sapientia(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
someone shot and injured at the leg died after confessing...

Nollywood no jealous una at all..

Which big man pay to silence his boy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assault: Seun Kuti Apologised, Gave Cop ₦‎12,000 To Repair Vehicle, Police Say / Anthony Nwaneri: Police Arrests Fake Naval Officer In Lagos / Woman Goes Berserk, Sets Sister, Three Others On Fire Over Inheritance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.