Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,552 members, 7,917,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:55 PM

0 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 0 (1317 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

0 by bee444: 12:11am On Jan 22, 2010
x
Re: 0 by Sunofgod(m): 12:26am On Jan 22, 2010
Become legal, If you cannot become legal legally then accept your faith and head to a place where you have legal status.

Your mind is clearly corrupt.

If somebody enters with a student visa then its best he/she goes to school. If you enter as a tourists then tour the place and leave before your visa expires. If the deception backfires then they cannot really complain.

This illegal mentality is what's killing Nigeria and the reputation of Nigerians.

Any Nigerian that has been freed from of life of 'a security person' should actually be greatful as his dignity has been restored no matter where he ends up.
Re: 0 by bee444: 12:33am On Jan 22, 2010
@sun of god

This thread is not a personal thing nor does it encourage illegality. It is an open debate put together to hear views and opinions of patriotic Nigerians like you!

Pls read the message again!
Re: 0 by Afam(m): 10:10am On Jan 22, 2010
You must be law abiding for you to demand anything especially in a foreign land.

Take a good look at the relevant laws and try to respect them. If you think the laws are unfair then leave the place rather than disobeying the laws.

As the other poster noted a student visa is meant for schooling and not work.

We must learn to respect the law.
Re: 0 by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2010
Nigerians give themselves insults first of all by scrambling for VISA to go there and suffer.Nigeria is your home why seek for wicked white men's visa.You have that honour of full citizenship at home so if you decide to enslave yourself,then you bear the heavy crucifix.
Re: 0 by badmouth(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2010
i have only one advice for u, [b][/b]come back to naija where u do not need any bloody idiot to legalize your stay. this is your homeland. though them say naija no good, but e still dey try. atleast some nigerians drive range rover sports hehehehe grin
Re: 0 by Arkison: 11:43am On Jan 22, 2010
I hope you are aware that a visa is a diplomatic privelage not a right.

A country have a right to regulate the number of people it allows to settle. Anybody that goes on a student visa, should go to school and after that pack his things and move back to his country as someone told you. Any pretext of extending your stay if not legal you have no right to complain if you cannot get a job or otherwise you are asked to move out.

UK is a pathetic country if you don't have a job or legas status.

One more thing to remind you, Nigerians are currently killing each other in Jos, largely based on the indigene settler status, not religious as widely reported. And till the present day, no person can go to another part of the country and claim residency despite the fact that we are all black people.
Re: 0 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2010
@poster
what exactly are you trying to say here? i am not following you.

people have to follow the laws of the countries where they have decided to emigrate. if they, for any reason, dont like the place/its laws or the people there then they should go back to their homeland and keep quiet.

moving to far away land is not a necessity, slavery was made by force NOT BY CHOICE like what you are talking about.

the guy who tried to marry his daughter is a FRAUDSTER and i hope his daughter gets deported and never set her foot on UK soil again for taking part in this scam. working and paying taxes doesnt automatically gives the right for any person to bring their adult daughter/husband/4children to any country.
Re: 0 by Sunofgod(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2010
The world has changed - Europe has opened up (European Union) and so things are a lot tougher in the UK.

People from poor european countries flock to the UK in search of work as they are legally entitled to. Please believe me when I say there are poor european countries.

This has put serious pressure on not just illegal stayers but also the citizens and indigeneous people of that land.

They are struggling to even get jobs. There has been a global credit crisis that the UK was far from immune from and unemployment is rife.

Anybody that jumps on a plane heading abroad without conducting some basic research is quite frankly A FOOL.
Re: 0 by bee444: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hi all,

Pls remember, this thread is just to showcase what our Nigerian people are going through in the UK just for the sake of seeking a greener pasture!
It does not however encourage anyone to indulge in fraudulent dealings, but rather stress the facts and disappointments they are facing.

The question is, should they come back home or encourage them to cut corners?

, Just for clarification!

Enjoy!
Re: 0 by debosky(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
bee444:

A guy resides in a Country for 30 hard years, working his socks off, paying his tax and thereby helping building the nation, shouldn't he be given an automatic entitlement to bring his family here? It should not have resulted to this demeaned, disgraceful, shameful and open rebuke from the public had the govt. done her own part.

I disagree completely. You have no RIGHT to bring your family to the UK - why should you? Were you FORCED to work 30 years? Why not return to your country and build it? Besides, he was PAID for working in the UK was he not? All this 'building the nation' talk is crap. He has no rights except those given to him by the laws of the land. If he doesn't like it - LEAVE!

I believe slavery was over decades ago, why should we still be living like a slave? You come to this country with a student visa, you have to live here legally for ten years b4 you're entitle to settlement status except perhaps you get married to a British citizen, or get a job that makes you qualify than your British counterpart.

That is the fact of life - you realise it and deal with it. The UK is not a charitable organisation that will be giving out status like sweets, neither is it underpopulated and needing more immigrants.

If you here illegally(your visa expires, tourist visa), you have to wait 14 years b4 you're entitle for settlement. Now tell me, do those that fall in  these categories  have to wait for that long before seeing their families back home?

They need to leave UK and return to see their families. Do the right thing and then you don't need to worry about 14 years!

In this country, your status matters a lot! if you have a solid foundation the sky is the limit for you. And if you don't, and still don't want to find a solution to it, then I guess the 'early morning' job hasn't taught you a lesson.

And the solution is illegal marriages abi? Don't worry, the UKBA are on the trail - just like in a recent episode, they'll catch you at the registry and deport you straight from there. grin grin

Thousands of our beautiful ladies ends up in the 'care home' job, even some of our guys are also joining for lack of working papers! The Sec'urity' (Ode, gateman) job is shaking up quickly. A lot of our brothers  have been deported in this sector for working with fake documents.

Pls tell me, what should we do to find a lasting solution to these problems?

Fix our own country - simple. There will never be sufficient jobs or opportunities for all the Nigerians who want to come to the UK or who are already there. That is why it is the UK and not Nigeria. Nigeria should provide opportunities for it's citizens, or more aptly, Nigerians should create opportunities for other Nigerians IN Nigeria. Nothing else can solve the problem.
Re: 0 by bee444: 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2010
@debosky

I sure do love your sincere responses.

Pls tell them more!

Thanks
Re: 0 by otawa: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2010
Nigerians should create opportunities for other Nigerians IN Nigeria. Nothing else can solve the problem.

Gbosa!
Re: 0 by texazzpete(m): 2:51am On Jan 23, 2010
bee444:

@sun of god

This thread is not a personal thing nor does it encourage illegality. It is an open debate put together to hear views and opinions of patriotic Nigerians like you!

Pls read the message again!

Not every Nigerian in the UK is an illegal immigrant. Why generalize?
Re: 0 by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2010
Head to Canada. The want to be 55mil people in 10 years time and they are currently just 32mil their gay population is growing, plus they are not having kids. But be warned, it's cold and expensive. Especially in western Canada, prices are ridiculous (I wouldn't live there). As for Nigerian students wanting to study abroad, Canada is your best bet. Tuition is same or cheaper than US and UK. Plus you get your permanent residence for sure in your final semester if and only if you've been studying since you came in. Most Canadian schools love Nigerians cause the ones there haven't let them down at all. Canada might be looking for people but they aren't looking for lazy illiterates like the ones who leave Nigeria for the UK without education or plans to get educated. They take graduates easily. If you are in your final year, apply for your permanent residence and you are guaranteed. But the thing is would you stay?
Re: 0 by ElRazur: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2010
This thread is a joke. I am not a slave here, I can do and undo within law.

@9jaganja

I love canada and won't mind living there. smiley
Re: 0 by patbrooks: 12:00am On Jan 24, 2010
This is a very interesting topic.Lets look at it like this. If i as a Nigerian citizen negotiate with a telephone company in the US that offers unlimited services on your cell phone for a flat fee monthly, do you think i can pull it off in Nigeria? the answer is no. The cabal or telephone mafias will want to eliminate me for crashing the price of ( 50 dollars) phone services. Infact Ndukwe of a guy wont give me a license in the first place. We are our own enemies. In America, you can state a copmpany in your garage or basement and employ one or two people cos the environment is good for investment. The last time i visited, i was buying phone cards of N5000 daily. before you say jack robinson , the credit is gone. thats not the way Economy grows.

We are not ready and thats why areas where we can create great jobs are not there. India has almost all call center jobs in the US. call centers in india create over three million jobs. i mean quality jobs. put that in Nigeria , an English speaking country. you will see what difference it will make. some states in Nigeria are not up to three million in population. we are doomed.

We cant make an impact untill these old fools in govt are let go and replaced with youger generation that are inovative, and those that can compete in a global economy.
Re: 0 by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 24, 2010
patbrooks:

This is a very interesting topic.Lets look at it like this. If i as a Nigerian citizen negotiate with a telephone company in the US that offers unlimited services on your cell phone for a flat fee monthly, do you think i can pull it off in Nigeria? the answer is no. The cabal or telephone mafias will want to eliminate me for crashing the price of ( 50 dollars) phone services. Infact Ndukwe of a guy wont give me a license in the first place. We are our own enemies. In America, you can state a copmpany in your garage or basement and employ one or two people cos the environment is good for investment. The last time i visited, i was buying phone cards of N5000 daily. before you say jack robinson , the credit is gone. thats not the way Economy grows.

We are not ready and thats why areas where we can create great jobs are not there. India has almost all call center jobs in the US. call centers in india create over three million jobs. i mean quality jobs. put that in Nigeria , an English speaking country. you will see what difference it will make. some states in Nigeria are not up to three million in population. we are doomed.

We cant make an impact untill these old fools in govt are let go and replaced with youger generation that are inovative, and those that can compete in a global economy.

Incoherent. You don't get charged for incoming calls in Nigeria. There you go. Your post was rather not necessary ,
Re: 0 by bee444: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2010
@9jaganja

I believe you don't understand what @patbrooks was saying, He said he went to Nigeria and often buy N5000 worth of credit everyday.
Re: 0 by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
This guy(that marries his daughter) have resides in the UK for 30 hard years, working his socks off, paying his tax and thereby helping building the nation, shouldn't he be given an automatic entitlement to bring his family here?

what exactly is automatic entitlement? paying taxes doesn't give you the right to bring your family over to the UK.
Re: 0 by H2O2: 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2010
bawomolo:

what exactly is automatic entitlement? paying taxes doesn't give you the right to bring your family over to the UK.
rofl grin
Re: 0 by Sauron1: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2010
bee444:

Hi all,

Pls remember, this thread is just to showcase what our Nigerian people are going through in the UK just for the sake of seeking a greener pasture!
It does not however encourage anyone to indulge in fraudulent dealings, but rather stress the facts and disappointments they are facing.

The question is, should they come back home or encourage them to cut corners?

, Just for clarification!

Enjoy!

SPEAK for yourself, son.
Re: 0 by chic2pimp(m): 9:55pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ Post

A BIG FAT NOPE. Then again if your papers aren't in order then probably yes.
Re: 0 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2010
bee444:

@9jaganja

I believe you don't understand what @patbrooks was saying,  He said he went to Nigeria and often buy N5000 worth of credit everyday.

Maybe he is calling international digits or he is using it for business or someone is collecting his airtime. 5k always lasts me at least minus two days of my stay in Nigeria. most times 3 weeks. Here I get charged fr incoming calls and voice mail, caller ID angry angry which are free in Nigeria. It's annoying. Let's not use telecom as a talking point of whether Nigeria is bad or not.
Re: 0 by Roforofo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2010
Wherever you are in the world, work hard, be honest and hope things work out for you. Came to the UK 9 years ago and I absolutely love living here. Thankfully I have been successful and I am in a position to help out here and in Nigeria. Currently give full scholarships from primary school to university for 8 young family members in Nigeria. Working on a small charity to provide free medical care for all young children from poor families in my hometown. Also planning a project with the New Afrika Shrine in Lagos to provide full scholarships for talented youngsters who wish to learn to play Afrobeat in Nigeria. For all this I am grateful to the UK for giving me opportunities to be successful in my career and I certainly do not consider myself to be in SLAVERYcheesy
Re: 0 by bee444: 2:37am On Jan 25, 2010
@Roforofo

Good talk. I thank God for what He has done in your life, and may He continue to bless you abundantly.

However,  I would like you to extend your gift of ministering or rather charity to your brothers over here as well.

Pls visit Immigration detention centres and see how hungry our pepole are and how badly brutalize they are being dealt with.

God bless
Re: 0 by patbrooks: 3:36am On Jan 25, 2010
@9jaganja
I think you are getting me wrong.In business you make calls and that cost you money. period. I think you are one of those puppet that work for MTN or glo and cant articualte the fact that you are under bundage in Nigeria. Telephone is free in some Mid eastern countries like city of Dubai. whether its incomming or not thats not the issue.
I gave a vivid example of how things operate in Nigeria and you dont seem to get it. In the US if I am guy that makes frequent calls, i dont have to sign up for cell phones that gives me specified minutes, instead i will go for unlimited plan for only $50 a month. I can talk until i drop. Same goes for business in America. There is freedom not some idiots in corridors of power like your ndukwe and Ojo maduekwe of a guy. Did you see what he did in New york last week. A disgrace to my country Nigeria. Shame.

If we must improve our standard of living and join the race for econmic growth we must do things differently. It has to start with you.

Now Tell me what have you done for your country Nigeria, instead you will want to profit from where you never sowed.
Read each posting very well before replying.

(1) (Reply)

IBB duped of $100 million dollars / Kaduna Gov Ill, Flown Abroad / Fola Adeola Is Nuhu Ribadu’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.