Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:06 PM

Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? (65425 Views)

Photos From Folarin Alakija's White Wedding In England / Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Folarin Alakija To Wed Naganin, An Iranian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jakumo:
This is what happens to Nigeria's oil wealth when it is made available to the former hairdresser to a head of state, via the back door allocation of oil fields that are being milked for billions of dollars to this day.

Enjoy the money, y'all, because it was ALL diverted from the national treasury of the Nigerian federation. The forgoing pictures are the closest any of you mortals will ever get in the way of benefits derived from all that stolen wealth that grows exponentially by the hour, in that woman's offshore bank accounts.

How is it your business what a private individual choose to do with her money ?
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Martinscue: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

Your entitlement mentality may limit your achievement.
Private money can be spent anyhow the
owner wishes, it is not in your place to dictate how it is
spent.
She owes you nothing unless of course the money was
illegally taken from you in which case you can sue for
theft or fraud.

Since you are educated, you should be able to think
better than an average joe on the street but unfortunately
that isn't the case.

I repeat again she owes you nothing even if that stupid
racists was able to fool you.
You could have avoided being fooled by asking for just
one English billionaire who spend his/her money
building public roads and bridges or even sharing it to "poor" people.

I'm not in anyway entitled, even though you are right about the larger percentage of the country in regards to our entitled mentality. My issue with the wedding is that the money was stolen from her own people. Kindly tell me how she got the oil blocs that was meant for the whole population? You don't see private people owning oil blocs in a right reasoning nation.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by LexngtonSteele: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
Spadelicious:

Oaf.
Pained grin
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by eyinjuege: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

No they are not. Nobody sends money to another country with a gun pointed to their head.
Naive average joes usually think that money sent as aid are a loss for them but their
politicians and intellectuals know better.

If the racist was not a coward in real life he would hold his government responsible
for his pathetic life or run for election to correct the anomaly instead of hating on
how a private Nigerian citizen chose to spend her money.

Let us tell ourselves the truth...

Nigeria has no business receiving aid from foreign countries.
Their average Joe in those countries resent it.
Those giving the aid do know why they do so. Its not exactly due to the magnanimity of their hearts, but more of a control thing.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
winterfell007:
This is one reason I support Niger delta avengers to cripple the oil industry for this mofos. The Nigerian private are filled up with chronic rent seekers. We seek an egalitarian society but I think it's almost to achieve it judging by what I see here.

Omo i feel u, if dat oil dem dey suck for my backyard for that lavish wedding, i see no reason why i won't blow up the pipes. Niger deltans are really patient people

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Jakumo(m): 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
grandstar:

I remember buying mars for 50k in 1981.

That means your dsds 25,000 could buy 50,000 mars bars which cost 299 at Shoprite.

That means your 25,000 then will be worth 15,000,000 today. That's a lot of money.

That 25,000 could easily buy 2 brand new cars then. Minimum wage then was 125 naira.

I hereby propose that Mars Bar Economics should be elevated to the level of a mandatory curriculum requirement in tertiary institutions worldwide.

Accordingly, I hereby offer you tenure as a Professor Emeritus (At-Large), who should be respected henceforth as the definitive authority on this highly specialized discipline.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Martinscue:
I'm not in anyway entitled, even though you are right about the larger percentage of the country in regards to our entitled mentality. My issue with the wedding is that the money was stolen from her own people. Kindly tell me how she got the oil blocs that was meant for the whole population? You don't see private people owning oil blocs in a right reasoning nation.

Sorry, the money was not stolen, you get oil blocs by bidding, that is if,
you have the capital to develop such bloc.

Managing oil bloc is not meant from the entire population the money government
got from such partnership is what is meant for the population, even in communist
countries, private individuals still run part of the energy industry.

Oil do not fly from wells into vessels, someone has to invest money for its
exploration and the profit from such investment is not stolen money but
legitimately earned.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Jakumo(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

How is it your business what a private individual choose to do with her money ?

The money is being stolen from Nigeria's oil fields on a daily basis by many people who gained such access through the back door. The looting of public wealth is not only a matter of public interest, but one that should be denounced for precisely what it is - EMBEZZLEMENT, on a gargantuan scale, that is sadly, ongoing, even as we type these inconsequential rejoinders in discussion forums.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Litmus: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

No they are not. Nobody sends money to another country with a gun pointed to their head.
Naive average joes usually think that money sent as aid are a loss for them but their
politicians and intellectuals know better.

If the racist was not a coward in real life he would hold his government responsible
for his pathetic life or run for election to correct the anomaly instead of hating on
how a private Nigerian citizen chose to spend her money.

Prince williams spent $34 million dollar state money on his wedding, yet we
didn't see the poverty stricken concerned brits troop to the street in protest

And lot's of hungry and starving Brits wallow in charity foodbanks.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
eyinjuege:

Let us tell ourselves the truth...

Nigeria has no business receiving aid from foreign countries.
Their average Joe in those countries resent it.
Those giving the aid do know why they do so. Its not exactly due to the magnanimity of their hearts, but more of a control thing.

You are missing the point, any average Joe who resents aid should fight
his/her government instead of blaming the "powerless" receivers for their woes.

You can help them by suing the British government for sending aid to Nigeria,
you will become an hero to the cowards who can't confront their own government
but choose to paint the aid receiver as some kind of devil.

Financial Aids isn't about "control", you can't eat control, it is about reaping profit
from a smart investment but the dummy joes couldn't see that.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
God Jehovah please don't let me die a poor man, AMEN!
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by emmanuel596(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
grandstar:

I remember buying mars for 50k in 1981.

That means your dsds 25,000 could buy 50,000 mars bars which cost 299 at Shoprite.

That means your 25,000 then will be worth 15,000,000 today. That's a lot of money.

That 25,000 could easily buy 2 brand new cars then. Minimum wage then was 125 naira.

Na business man no blame am...d 25k was for both traditional and church wedding plus all d shayo and chippings
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jakumo:

The money is being stolen from Nigeria's oil fields on a daily basis by many people who gained such access through the back door. The looting of public wealth is not only a matter of public interest, but one that should be denounced for precisely what it is - EMBEZZLEMENT, on a gargantuan scale, that is sadly, ongoing, even as we type these inconsequential rejoinders in discussion forums.

Is there any money in Nigeria that is not viewed as stolen ?
I find this kind of view as ridiculous, and it is like recommending
communism where government controls everything and we are all
poor(in theory) and we have to queue to get our daily bread courtesy
of the almighty government.

Profiting from ones investment is not stealing, if that is the case,
we are all thieves until government becomes our sole provider and
we lose ability to own anything.

2 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by salford1: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

Prince williams spent $34 million dollar state money on his wedding, yet we
didn't see the poverty stricken concerned brits troop to the street in protest
And Prince williams wedding ceremony was held in Timbuktu

3 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Jakumo(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

Is there any money in Nigeria that is not viewed as stolen ?
I find this kind of view as ridiculous, and it is like recommending
communism where government controls everything and we are all
poor(in theory) and we have to queue to get our daily bread courtesy
of the almighty government.

Profiting from ones investment is not stealing, if that is the case,
we are all thieves until government becomes our sole provider and
we lose ability to own anything.

If due process was NOT followed in the secretive allocation of national oil fields, then such allocations were and are ILLEGAL, meaning they should ALL be revoked, whilst the billions of dollars already stolen and hidden by criminal beneficiaries of nepotism, such as this former hairdresser, should be declared to INTERPOL as stolen public funds, as the first necessary step towards RECLAIMING what is left of such loot, for reversal BACK into the Nigerian federal treasury, sooner rather than later.

Your interesting and strange claim that ALL money banked in Nigeria is stolen, besides being patently false, cannot serve as a rationale for turning a blind eye to OBVIOUS cases of embezzlement that are thrust into public view when squander-fests such as this "royal" marriage make headlines. The dubious assertion that all big money traceable to Nigeria HAD to be stolen, is good for a laugh and not much else.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jakumo:

If due process was NOT followed in the secretive allocation of national oil fields, then such allocations were and are ILLEGAL, meaning they should ALL be revoked, whilst the billions of dollars already stolen and hidden by criminal beneficiaries of nepotism, such as this former hairdresser, should be declared to INTERPOL as stolen public funds, as the first necessary step towards RECLAIMING what is left of such loot, for reversal BACK into the Nigerian federal treasury, sooner rather than later.

The keyword is "if", if the government determines the allocation as illegal
they should sue but I haven't seen any move to that effect. However, you
can't label someone as a thief when there is neither investigation nor charge against them.
What we imagine doesn't determine reality.

2 Likes

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by AHCB: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Funniest thing is she's not as wealthy as Mark Zuckerberg but yet... oh well. People are different.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Jakumo(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

The keyword is "if", if the government determines the allocation as illegal
they should sue but I haven't seen any move to that effect. However, you
can't label someone as a thief when there is neither investigation nor charge against them.
What we imagine doesn't determine reality.

Good point. Practices that a corrupt and venal government may regard as legitimate business conduct, may later come to be defined as brazen daylight robbery, by subsequent administrations, who are then free to lower the sledge hammer as needed.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by yemmy75(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by lastclaire4(f): 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2017
emmanuel596:
If I have money I will spend it well on earth because I won't die with it but I must make sure I change the lives of soo many people that on my burial day there's gonna be millions of good will massages and soo many people thanking God that I was born....but God himself will punish this people if they ever breakup or divorce.... My dad told us about how he spent 25,000 naira on his wedding in 1982 and today he is 35years with my mum happily married there's a difference between wedding and marriage.... These days weddings don't last but am writing an article about why marriages don't last in the 21st century it will hit nairaland soon
Hmmm from your speech you are trying to say your father's wedding was cheap. You don't have to be an alakija to know that your dad's wedding was very very very expensive at the time. Don't look at it that it is 35k. But ask yourself how much was a brand new 504 at that time. To get a clearer picture 504 of that time is like Toyota of today.
Mind u those times nothing like contract anything out cooking was done by family and friends.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by ivolt: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2017
Jakumo:

Good point. Practices that a corrupt and venal government may regard as legitimate business conduct, may later come to be defined as brazen daylight robbery, by subsequent administrations, who are then free to lower the sledge hammer as needed.

I await such declarations.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by HarveySpecter1: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
Pearly255:
Lord Jesus may I never smell poverty in Jesus name... Amen! In few years to come am gonna be the richest woman on earth. Amen and Amen.

Work hard, don't slay hard.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Jakumo(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
ivolt:

I await such declarations.

So do I ha ha. Hope springs eternal. At least a few billion dollars of the stolen money will always be there for reclamation by the Nigerian government, whenever the will to take that vital step materializes.

It is certainly well within the purview of the Buhari administration to go after this woman and others of her ilk, so hey, maybe this will happen.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by emmanuel596(m): 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2017
lastclaire4:

Hmmm from your speech you are trying to say your father's wedding was cheap. You don't have to be an alakija to know that your dad's wedding was very very very expensive at the time. Don't look at it that it is 35k. But ask yourself how much was a brand new 504 at that time. To get a clearer picture 504 of that time is like Toyota of today.
Mind u those times nothing like contract anything out cooking was done by family and friends.

Yep tru.it WS 25k not 35...but what happened to our economy that's its soo bad now...any hope for Nigeria??
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by piagetskinner(m): 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
to what end...? y do Africans like lavish spendin

these people aren't even rich when compared to mark of Facebook or even bill gates of Microsoft. and u can't see those ones throwing money all around
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by offishialpablo: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
after d wee break up in nigeria
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
Rubbish. Marriage that'll still break. Mumu. Instead of him to marry a nigerian that will value him he went to marry a foreigner who doesn't value marriage.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by LordXaaan: 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
Martinscue:
A foreigner reaction to the wedding
give me the link ASAP

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by londoner: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
idolda:
Nigerians and their stupid notice me mentality. Money that could have been put to better use by investing in charities wasted away just to boast their ego

They have the money to do both and they are doing so.The rich operate on a plane that the non-wealthy can't understand.

There are ordinary people who every weekend are getting married doing owambe, buying Aso oke and hiring caterers that are leaving them in debt and starting married life with money worries and stress so they can 'form' big boy and girl.Those non wealthy Nigerians are spending far beyond their paycheck and also probably not giving their widows mite to the poor.

It is the non wealthy in Nigeria who live beyond their means more to be honest.
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by teekay213(m): 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
emmanuel596:
If I have money I will spend it well on earth because I won't die with it but I must make sure I change the lives of soo many people that on my burial day there's gonna be millions of good will massages and soo many people thanking God that I was born....but God himself will punish this people if they ever breakup or divorce.... My dad told us about how he spent 25,000 naira on his wedding in 1982 and today he is 35years with my mum happily married there's a difference between wedding and marriage.... These days weddings don't last but am writing an article about why marriages don't last in the 21st century it will hit nairaland soon
25 thousands naira was a big amount of money 35 years ago.like 5million naira today.

1 Like

Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by Obiwiz(m): 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Oil money...
Re: Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? by MrJonzer: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
idolda:
Nigerians and their stupid notice me mentality. Money that could have been put to better use by investing in charities wasted away just to boast their ego

Is it your money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Top 100 Profitable Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (updated) / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago / Burial Of Tonimas: Anthony Obiagboso Enukeme In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.