Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,112 members, 7,977,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:15 PM

20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview (18618 Views)

Is This Job Interview Real? / How To Nail Every Job Interview / Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by herkeym001(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by dembularrr: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2017
you will do all this and they will employ that senators person.. rubbish
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by PastorAji(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2017
Jobsduck
well said.

but I would disagree to the coming too early to the interview ish.

let's play 2 scenarios

1. "I stay with a friend at New Karu (beside Loyola Jesuit College) and he works in a Bank or I stayed with someone at the back of 1001 Estate Kuje. I have an interview by 9am at NNPC Towers and we have to go out as early as possible to cut traffic at Nyanya Junction, AYA junction Federal Secretariat Junction, Wuse, Utako etc and there is no place to hang around. Won't I get there early and sit quietly at the reception waiting for the interview?"

2. "I live in Ikorodu and I am going to Admiralty Phase 2 in Lekki....thanks goodness I got to the place of the interview by 8.20am and the interview is slated for 9am. should I be loafing around till 8.45am?" Sometimes, coming early to the interview will give you ample time to score your potential employer and you would have rested WELL enough.

on the Poor language if i may ask;
if the interviewer interviews you in pidgin what would be the language of your response? Queen's English abeg if na me o, I go nack korret pidgin give dem
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:46am On Jun 13, 2017
alukstea:
New set of rules again , I ask Where is the Job ? it's getting harder day by day.

It's not hard. Just believe. It would happen soon. Believe.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by ItzWonderz(m): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2017
Amosjaj:
Never take tramadol to boost your confidence or smoking kush before going for interview.

Why?? sad
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by Prince16: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Have your Phone on Loud:

It would not do well for your interview if your phone comes on during an interview. It is rude and should not even happen. Your best bet is to keep your phone off so as not to avoid taking chances all together or at the very least, put it on silence. It doesn’t speak well of you no matter how you want to look at it.

May God forgive most of us.....to think that many will not only leave their phones on loud mode, but also pick/answer calls right inside the church during service
undecided
Also, don't forget to always put on a smile. It works wonders!
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by alukstea(m): 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
MRLANNISTER:

It's not hard. Just believe. It would happen soon. Believe.

I sent you a pm sir.
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by luqaz(m): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
All this steps sef... Sometimes when you go for all this interviews.. You're kept waiting for like 2 hours... By then frustration is already tickling you... Abeggi
Re: 20 Things You Should Never Do At A Job Interview by myjobmagofficia: 3:36am On Aug 18, 2018
Great article. Here is some fail-proof way to pass your next job interview https://www.myjobmag.com/blog/409/job-interview-guide-2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

British Council Volunteers For Open House Lagos / DDB Lagos Graduate Internship / Ptdf Overseas M. Sc. Scholarship Test Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.