Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,865 members, 7,972,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:06 AM

Can This Song Save Nigerian Hiphop? "Green White Green" By Dasuki (a Review) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can This Song Save Nigerian Hiphop? "Green White Green" By Dasuki (a Review) (454 Views)

'King Of Love': A Review Of Kizz Daniel's Third Studio Album By Iamsynord / Best Nigerian Hiphop Track Of 2017 / Best Nigerian Hiphop Track Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can This Song Save Nigerian Hiphop? "Green White Green" By Dasuki (a Review) by 1manArmay: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
I have long been losing my patience with Nigerian hiphop music, it seams to only be about party, show-off love, 'tatty' billion money, booty shaky and "look how cool I am".
There comes a time when cool beats are no longer enough.
That is why I was delighted to stumble on new music by a rap hip hope artiste called Dasuki. The name of the track is called "Green White Green".
I was impressed from the first sounds in the song, it was a blend of authentic old school high life from my father's days in the hook and then the carefully merged rap verses kicked in. The rap verses had tight bars and it delivered punch lines at just the right time. Still, what stuck me most was the message in the "Green White Green" , it was a call to return to the values that jump-started us as a nation in the first place.
It was a refreshing song.
You can get a legit copy of the MP3 here https://nerveflo.com/product/green-white-green---the-single-c14-p3103

This song was released on NerveFlo as part of the Conscious Music Week celebration and its part of an album called (wait for it..) The B.I.A.F.R.A.N. Tape (curious abi?). The Album is said to be dropping later this week.

[img]https://nerveflo.com/productpics/2210~1497131875~Green-White-4-green.jpg[/img]
Re: Can This Song Save Nigerian Hiphop? "Green White Green" By Dasuki (a Review) by seoxpert(m): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Is Nigerian HipHop at the verge of dying?

Re: Can This Song Save Nigerian Hiphop? "Green White Green" By Dasuki (a Review) by 1manArmay: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
In terms of lyrical quality & composition.. its at a new low.

(1) (Reply)

A Highly Music Producer Found In Ibadan / Saxophone Lover / VIDEO: Timaya Ft. Olamide & Phyno – Telli Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.