Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,941 members, 7,946,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

"Plugged In, Not Charging" - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / "Plugged In, Not Charging" (1319 Views)

Hp 8440p ELITEBOOK Laptop Plugged In Not Charging / Plugged In Not Charging / My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Plugged In, Not Charging" by Anticannibal(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
i noticed my pc's battery status bar is not increasing, so on clicking on the icon, it says; "plugged in, not charging". please someone should help with the likely causes and the SOLUTION.
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by yoddy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2017
Anticannibal:
i noticed my pc's battery status bar is not increasing, so on clicking on the icon, it says; "plugged in, not charging". please someone should help with the likely causes and the SOLUTION.

Bad battery. Change it
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by hibreerheem(m): 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
Anticannibal:
its has a bad battery
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by hoyze24: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
It's happened to my pc countless times. What I do in most cases is I switch off the pc and unplug it. Wait for few minutes before plugging it back, It used to happen frequently before but I haven't experienced it in months now and my battery is still great with over 3hrs after 4 yrs.
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by donqx: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
all you sayin bad batteries.it is not.

this is majorly caused by fake adapter also called charger.the charger cannot supply adequate current to charge the device.it is a common problem nowadays and its sad to say that 80percent of the laptop chargers in computer village are fake.they are new and fake.they are not easy to identify.if you are not a good engineer.you won't know.sometimes you get to know if you hold them in the hand.they will be very light.also the cable length are short sometimes .also they are very cheap sold between 1k-2k if you are not cheated. also sometimes when you use this chargers.it will hang your mouse and it will drag the mouse but wont drag a usb mouse.it is hot sometimes.if you pull your battery and putting it back while plug.it may charge again.oncr drained when running on battert.it may find it difficult to charge.the original chargers are very scarce In the market and expensive and mostly come in used tokunbo these days.so ask engineer to help you get follow come chargers and your problem will be solved.o8o61609181- ctytechnologies if u need one in computer village. we can get one for u in the market but you must come with the system

4 Likes

Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by Lexusgs430: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Anticannibal:

Check that your battery is not on a charging timed regime...........
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by Aminu212: 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
The fault is from the charger.
open charger and change the 400v capacitor.
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by Anticannibal(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2017
hoyze24:
It's happened to my pc countless times. What I do in most cases is I switch off the pc and unplug it. Wait for few minutes before plugging it back, It used to happen frequently before but I haven't experienced it in months now and my battery is still great with over 3hrs after 4 yrs.
you mean there is possibility that nothing's wrong wit my ba3?
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by Anticannibal(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Check that your battery is not on a charging timed regime...........
Sorry, How?
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by Lexusgs430: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2017
Anticannibal:
Sorry, How?

Check your batteries settings
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by udemzyudex(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Anticannibal:

Let me state the problem

1. Charger
2. Battery
3. Motherboard

First of all use a friend charger or battery to confirm and if it still shows plugin not charging, then the fault is from the motherboard..

An engineer will have to work on the motherboard..
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by bdauran: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
[quote author=donqx post=57517366]all you sayin bad batteries.it is not.

this is majorly caused by fake adapter also called charger.the charger cannot supply adequate current to charge the device.it is a common problem nowadays and its sad to say that 80percent of the laptop chargers in computer village are fake.they are new and fake.they are not easy to identify.if you are not a good engineer.you won't know.sometimes you get to know if you hold them in the hand.they will be very light.also the cable length are short sometimes .also they are very cheap sold between 1k-2k if you are not cheated. also sometimes when you use this chargers.it will hang your mouse and it will drag the mouse but wont drag a usb mouse.it is hot sometimes.if you pull your battery and putting it back while plug.it may charge again.oncr drained when running on battert.it may find it difficult to charge.the original chargers are very scarce In the market and expensive and mostly come in used tokunbo these days.so ask engineer to help
Re: "Plugged In, Not Charging" by pcagbaji(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Apart from the above mentioned solutions​, some time it is couse by the energy management system , check your energy management profile and choose maximum battery life if you can not see the software in your system, contact you computer manufacturer through their website and download energy management software

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! Lenovo T430. 6gb Ram Intel Core i7 / Usa Used Hp Probook 440 G2 Intel Core-i5 4th Gen + Touchscreen Intel HD Graphics / Pocketchip :handheld Computer Device For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.