Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,958 members, 7,890,169 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware (878 Views)

Make Millions In Less Than 2 Months With This Bitcoin Earning Strategy / Is This Bitcoin Business Worth It? What Are The Risks? / Take This Bitcoin Advantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by amjustme2: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Attention Everyone: Something strange is happening. If I copy any bitcoin address, This is what will paste

1AUUTJrwSFmZkFWMBpxZqJEDdYJoRCsU3Z

Pasting anything else is fine.

Let me dig to find out how this got to infect my computer.

Meanwhile, everyone double check and double check your address.

These guys are being too smart.

They got me. Please don't be the next victim.

Share this to everyone you love in cryptoworld
Re: Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
You are right. Mine is different. I use to copy space among and delete it when pasted or type it letter by letter.
Re: Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by amjustme2: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
Update:

After all efforts I was able to rectify the problem.
A Spyware siting in the registry had affected the clipboard of my computer. It was targeting any bitcoin address I copy.
I was able to fish it out after updating my Malabyte Anti Malware program.

Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\AskPartnerNetwork (PUP.Optional.ASK) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

How I got this still baffles my imagination. The only thing I suspect is news.bitcoin.com that suddenly started popping news on my Taskbar Notification area without my authorization. I am not saying the site is malicious, but that's the only thing that happened to my system before my clipboard was compromised.

Everyone should just be careful. I am fortunate I did not transfer something big.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
Thank God you were smart enough

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by Ayiri007: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2018
tonibrown001@gmail.com
Re: Beware Of This Bitcoin Address Changing Spyware by MrRichmond: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
Ayiri007:
tonibrown001@gmail.com
must you drop email everytime, na wa for u o.. Chai!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn Free Bitcoins (0.002 Btc Per Referrals) / Property Investment In Abuja / Which Bank Is Best Suitable For Fixed Deposit In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.