Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi (627 Views)

Police Vs IPOB Clash : "If You Don't Want Peace, We'll Agitate In Pieces" - Kanu / Yoruba People Are Not Ready To Agitate / Why Do Ipob Hate To Agitate For A Homogenous Igbo Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
ABUJA – CHAIRMAN, South East Governors Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi Wednesday said that it was within the fundamental human rights of people to agitate but what mattered most was the way the person goes about to agitate.
Governor Umahi who stated this while fielding questions on behalf of the South East delegation that met with the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, in a closed-door session at the Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said that the meeting was not about the Indegenous People of Biafra, IPOB, but on the unity of the country.
Ad closed by
Stop seeing this ad Why this ad?
Not interested in this ad
Ad covered content
Seen this ad multiple times
Ad was inappropriate
We'll try not to show that ad again
Ad closed by
On how confident he was that the messages from the meeting would be accepted by the IPOB, Umahi who spoke on behalf of the Igbo delegation said, “The meeting is not about IPOB, it is about to stressed the need for security of lives and properties of Nigerians all over Nigeria and to stress the need for a united, honest, fair and equitable Nigeria. That was what the meeting was about.
“It was a wonderful meeting and the message we taking back is that there is hope for a united and peaceful Nigeria and everybody should work hard. We emphasis the need for everybody to restrain from making hate statements. We should be making statements that will be binding us together, statements of love, statements of unity, and statements of hope and of course we should also work very hard.”
On the message the delegations would be sending to the agitators, he said, “Everybody has a right to agitate but we emphasis the need for peaceful agitation. Even you agitate, your wife agitates at home that the feeding money is not enough, so it is fundamental right but is the manner you go about it. So it is not an issue that cannot be resolved.”
The delegation included traditional rulers, the academia, political class and clerics from South East.

source...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/biafra-everybody-right-agitate-umahi/
Re: Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by babyfaceafrica: 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fact
Re: Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by HiddenShadow: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
I have seen the future

My eyes have been opened to the future

Look farther

Can you see

The Stars(Israelites) are coming to help the Suns(Biafrans) build a developed and prosperous nation in 10 years

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by Homeboiy: 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
What is he saying?

summary biko
Re: Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 15, 2017
HiddenShadow:
I have seen the future

My eyes have been opened to the future

Look farther

Can you see

The Stars(Israelites) are coming to help the Suns(Biafrans) build a developed and prosperous nation in 10 years

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Everybody Has The Right To Agitate, But – Umahi by CheapSunglass(m): 1:28am On Jun 15, 2017
true

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA: Preparation For The Demise Of A Country By Godwin Etakibuebu / Listen To An Alleged Conversation Btw Gov Kashim Of Borno & Gov Ibukunle Of Ogun / I’ll Continue My Late Brother’s Philanthropic Legacy ―ademola Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.