Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,042 members, 7,883,605 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) (29740 Views)

Governor Ayade And His Colourful Face Masks (Photos) / Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) / Nigerians React After Governor Ambode Failed To Keep To Press Conference Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by olowobaba10: 9:29am On Jun 15, 2017
NA FLOWER WE GO CHOP ?
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by mayze: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2017
Always appreciate good things when u see one...He's still the best governor in Nigeria @ d mo...The pedestrian bridge is serving tis purpose,world class or not.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=molasautos post=57534233][/quote]

What good job?
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Jun 15, 2017
There is basically something wrong somewhere with all this media hype. Ambode is doing well but the way little things are exaggerated calls for concern.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by altitudee: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2017
all this planting started in the previous regime... Ambode is working we all know but don't over hype ... he is the best governor presently in Nigeria, any other governor comes second...thanks
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by thunderbabs: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2017
Lagos will eventually be one of the developed "countries" of the world while abuja will be a developing whatever

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Tolubory(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2017
igbodefender:
There is a current effort by the Governor Akinwumi Ambode Administration to beautify Lagos by planting colourful flowers and creating exquisite gardens. Below are photos of some remarkable garden scenes as a result of the commendable effort. Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko lo je wa l’ogun. 

http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/06/14/governor-ambode-plants-colourful-flowers-in-lagos-photos/
I see
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by ikorodureporta: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2017
Na Fashola i know say plant flowers
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2017
The view just arrests the eyes. If you leave this man in office for 8 years, if he doesn't slow down, Lagos will be indistinguishable from world cities like Johanesburg and Kuala Lumpur.[s][/s]3

You are dreaming . Come 20 years in office lagos cant be like local zones in kuala Lumpur

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2017
Emassive:
This pink aagbo leaf is good for Illaa that shows up on babies skin, head and bum bum... I had to plant it at home In Ibadan.
Meanwhile, I don't praise a man I pay well do his job when he does it. Is flowers going to fix our bad roads and water land highways?

A better Governor still than all 35 put together ...
Yes it is called Alcalypha wilkesiana(copperleaf). I did a research work on it when i was still in Covenant university and reaffirmed its curative prowress for quite a number of disease causing organisms.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by odehman: 10:52am On Jun 15, 2017
i don talk am make dem declare lagos a country of its own biko..me i don kuku barnish my sef my benue state..since ortom say na wheel barrow de trend now

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Pamelayoung: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2017
Quite commendable but he should also do something about the flood that engulfs pwd-Oshodi road whenever it rains
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Goodinfo: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2017
Keneking:
Useless flowers...our roads are bad and shocks are finished.

Nonsense decision, who flowers epp and how much billions oh. Fashola planted more than one million trees and flowers without any noise.

Nonsense government

If say this beautiful flowers are useless, go and see what Gov. Okowa of Delta State planted in Asaba along St Patrick's College. You will see "USELESSNESS"
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Lawalemi(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Pavore9:
Such is good for mental health.
Thanks. Our leaders don't consider the mental health of citizenry
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by jaytime(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
Chai, see news.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
Mrkumareze:
The view just arrests the eyes. If you leave this man in office for 8 years, if he doesn't slow down, Lagos will be indistinguishable from world cities like Johanesburg and Kuala Lumpur.[s][/s]3

You are dreaming . Come 20 years in office lagos cant be like local zones in kuala Lumpur

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step. Are you aware that Lagos is already the 6th biggest economy in Africa. Its economy is bigger that that of many African countries. When we see someone try to build on that, we should appreciate it. On the whole Tinubu's regime has shown a consistent vision to develop Lagos to world standard, and everyday we see new seriousness in this regard.

Let us see other governors step up to the plate and compete with Ambode/Lagos. Nigeria will be better off. But let US praise Ambo for setting the pace with what he has got.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by luckyboss(m): 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
My love for you his excellence will never shrink.
Keep it up.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by wasuka14(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
I don't knw why Govt will be spending billions of naira to plant flowers in a country whr we imported many food items. That money could have been spent on procuring farm inputs for farmers. As a primary sch pupils in 80's we planted more colourful and brilliant flowers in and arround our sch. And how many are we then? We will be lead to the bush arround our sch and farms to collect or harvest many different, brilliant and colourful plants and bring them back to sch to plant. Even sometimes, our assignment is to go and look for flowers that doesn't exist in our sch and bring them back to sch in small ceramic pot moded by us too. We also trimmed these flowers by ourselves every agric days, usually thursday. But today despite d large population of students in lagos. Govt will still spend billions to plant common flowers. Is that a progress?? My sch football pitch is almost or bigger than dt of Abuja stadium. But we were made to cut d grasses all d time as a pupils. We are Africa not Oyinbo, that we must knw. Keep to it. Oyinbo don't copy anybody, they are hardworking and highly moral pple thats why they progress far ahead than us.
igbodefender:
There is a current effort by the Governor Akinwumi Ambode Administration to beautify Lagos by planting colourful flowers and creating exquisite gardens. Below are photos of some remarkable garden scenes as a result of the commendable effort. Itesiwaju Ipinle Eko lo je wa l’ogun. 

http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/06/14/governor-ambode-plants-colourful-flowers-in-lagos-photos/
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ambo 4 Sure! Ambo 2019!
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
wasuka14:
I don't knw why Govt will be spending billions of naira to plant flowers in a country whr we imported many food items. That money could have been spent on procuring farm inputs for farmers. As a primary sch pupils in 80's we planted more colourful and brilliant flowers in and arround our sch. And how many are we then? We will be lead to the bush arround our sch and farms to collect or harvest many different, brilliant and colourful plants and bring them back to sch to plant. Even sometimes, our assignment is to go and look for flowers that doesn't exist in our sch and bring them back to sch in small ceramic pot moded by us too. We also trimmed these flowers by ourselves every agric days, usually thursday. But today despite d large population of students in lagos. Govt will still spend billions to plant common flowers. Is that a progress?? My sch football pitch is almost or bigger than dt of Abuja stadium. But we were made to cut d grasses all d time as a pupils. We are Africa not Oyinbo, that we must knw. Keep to it. Oyinbo don't copy anybody, they are hardworking and highly moral pple thats why they progress far ahead than us.
Are you aware that Lagos State has commercial farms in several states. Do you know that Lagos State produces its own rice?

We have our disagreement with some aspects of how last year's harvest was shared, but it is a problem that can easily be solved. Let civil society give input on how such should be shared, and there will be improvements. But the point
is that there is an element of seriousness in the Ambode Administration that many other governors need to imitate.

I think what Lagos State Government is trying to achieve is comprehensive development, I.e., quality development in as many sectors as possible.

Of course, there are short comings, like the lack of patrol vehicles to tackle the 'one way' menace in the evenings. That is a threat to Ambode's good works, but if he tackles it, the quality of life of Lagosians will be the better for it.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by okewumi: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
What l like about Ambode is the way he silenced VIO, Federal Road Safety and reduced the power of LASMA. Lagos state is an environment where investors can drive around now without harassment of these cankerworm. God bless you governor Ambode
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
okewumi:
What l like about Ambode is the way he silenced VIO, Federal Road Safety and reduced the power of LASMA. Lagos state is an environment where investors can drive around now without harassment of these cankerworm. God bless you governor Ambode
Ambode made so many Lagosians happy with that masterstroke. People even thought he was the one pushing these people to overtax Lagosians until he read them the riot act.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by alaskido(m): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
People are hungry and my governor is planting flowers. It is well o.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by wasuka14(m): 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
The point i raised is that lagos state govt can utilize her large number of students she has to plant flowers in our cities and save billions of naira that can be use to help farmers/procure farm in-puts. Such as tractors etc to encourage our youths back to agriculture. Lagos state farms is just a sensational farm that can be looted by any govt officials. U also mentioned that there is problem in sharing of d harvest. Imagine if 5 tractors and other in-puts is giving to a groups of 50 youths to start farming?? What do u think will happen?? Enough cheap food to eat and enought to exort to earn foreign exchange. How much do u think one tractor will cost if govt is buyin frm source? And no collabo in btw to inflate d price.
igbodefender:
Are you aware that Lagos State has commercial farms in several states. Do you know that Lagos State produces its own rice?

We have our disagreement with some aspects of how last year's harvest was shared, but it is a problem that can easily be solved. Let civil society give input on how such should be shared, and there will be improvements. But the point
is that there is an element of seriousness in the Ambode Administration that many other governors need to imitate.

I think what Lagos State Government is trying to achieve is comprehensive development, I.e., quality development in as many sectors as possible.

Of course, there are short comings, like the lack of patrol vehicles to tackle the 'one way' menace in the evenings. That is a threat to Ambode's good works, but if he tackles it, the quality of life of Lagosians will be the better for it.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by bigtt76(f): 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
While the beautification objectives are laudable, most of the contractors made a kill. Take for example on the Lekki-Epe Axis where a contractor installed wall brackets with glass cover in public knowing fully well it would easily break off. That was what eventually happened and they had to change the whole thing again angry wasting public funds.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by godquality: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
We too like copy Oyinbo people. Why he no plant yam and cassava? grin And I was hoping to see him planting flowers but this OP topic deceive my fish brain. tongue

Seriously though this guy dey try for Lagos. Lagos enjoys because of continuity from previous govt.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nma27:
Heard Lagos is now dirtier than before... How true is this?
Dirtier is an understatement.Nigeria has only one city and that is Abuja.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
allrightsir:

:lol: grin grin grin Nigerians like to use "world class" anyhow. Lagos might be the biggest city in Nigeria but it is a big slum international standards. In terms of quality of infrastructure, livability and beauty, I'm not even sure it will make top ten in Africa. In any world class city lagos will be the ghetto part. That it is big does not mean it is beautiful.

Ambode is trying but he hasn't got the money or the vision(i.e what it takes) to turn Lagos into a world class city.
God bless you for stating the facts ,if most Nigerians had the opportunity to travel out and come back they would be extremely angry with the situation back home.I gave up on the useless country many years ago.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
everyman:

I haven't been to Lagos before. But if all the things we see about his good works online are true, then I think he's well on course.
You have no justification to judge based on what you see online since you have not been to Lagos before.Only Abuja should be used as a model and not that glorified mega slum celebrated by mediocrities.
Re: Governor Ambode Plants Colourful Flowers In Lagos (photos) by anigeorge379(m): 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
When Nigerian are hungry you busy buying flowers, God is watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Senator Dino Melaye Governorship Campaign In Okene, Kogi Central / PHOTO: President Buhari Arrives Malta / Buhari Wasn’t Aware Of Onnoghen’s Trial Until Saturday, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.