Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,068 members, 7,880,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older (501 Views)

This American Woman Is Facing Charges In Zambabwe Over A Tweet She Made About Mu / Comic Photos To Show How Different We Are (Man Vs Woman) / See What This White Man Is Saying About Yahoo Boys And Sars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by carlosSeyi(m): 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Several relationships where the woman is older than the man - especially in Africa - are facing rejections, oppositions, and mockery because people feel such relationships are against norms, and they should not be accepted. In fact, some people chose to call it a 'taboo'. Like I said earlier, this may not really be an issue in the Western world, because of the 'anything goes' kind of life people live over there and the freedom of choice the constitution has given everyone. But if you think you feel good with such relationship, isn't it still good to wait a minute to count the cost? Please don't get me wrong; I do not say it is evil for a woman to marry a younger man, but I think it is advisable for both parties to critically count the cost first. I understand that love transcends all the mockery, rejections and any ugly thing you might face, yet there is need for critical consideration. According to 2012 Census Bureau data, 85.9 percent of husbands are older than or about the same age as their wives. That leaves 14.2 percent of all husbands who are at least two years younger than their wives. Two important questions we must ask ourselves are: Is there any danger in such a marriage where wives are older than their husbands? What is the role age is playing in making the marriage work?
cc lalasticlala ishilove mynd24
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by Evablizin(f): 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ok
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by yeanka007: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
I believe when it comes to marriage understanding matters between both party, age doesn't guaranteed a happy marriage and what I believe guarantee a happy marriage is LOVE and UNDERSTANDING.

The funny part of this issue is that, I have seen two marriages where the women are older and their marriage is a happy one.
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by oake(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Age is overrated! Especially, if one is enjoying peace, mutual trust and love. I personally prefer an older lady that will give me these qualities, than a younger one that I will not get my peace. Older ladies are matured, wise, understanding and patient.

The younger ones still feel they have years ahead of them and so must 'enjoy' their youth.

The society factor in age because it is generally agreed that women age faster and may not be able to bear children.
But even these days, we have had young ladies battling the same issues of child-bearing, miscarriages and barrenness.
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by carlosSeyi(m): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Lalasticlala please push this to the front page Sir
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
When a good friend of mine based in Michigan is 9 years younger than his wife (who has been divorced twice and engaged 5times) they have been together since 2013 and according to both parties they have no regrets.
Note: this couple are white
Re: When The Man Is Older Vs Woman Is Older by carlosSeyi(m): 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
cc:: Lalasticlala ishilove mynd24

(1) (Reply)

The Dilapidated State Of Roads In Benue State / FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays / Is Stammering A Form Of Disability?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.