Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,393 members, 7,901,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:37 PM

Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) (1312 Views)

There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes / Independence Day: We Have Uncovered Plots To Wreck Havoc In Abuja – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by BlackRevo: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2010
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7XjFZSSF9Q&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Hundreds of people have died in violence between Muslims and Christians in northern Nigeria.

The clashes began on Sunday in the city of Jos, but later spread to the countryside.

Al Jazeera has obtained evidence that suggests the bloodshed from ethnic and religious violence could be greater than feared.

Our news team filmed bodies dumped in wells and saw the corpses of children.

Al Jazeera's Andrew Simmons travelled to the village of Kuru Jantar, just outside of Jos, where locals told him about what they are calling a massacre.

Thousands homeless

The violence has also left up to 18,000 people homesless.

There are conflicting reports about what triggered the violence. But some residents say the clashes started due to a dispute over the building of a mosque.
Jos and other central and northern areas in Nigeria have been plagued by religious violence in recent years.

In November 2008, hundreds of people were killed in Jos in two days of fighting triggered by a rumour that the mainly Muslim All Nigerian Peoples Party had lost a local election to the Christian-dominated People's Democratic Party.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2010/01/201012333947758520.html
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2010
shocking
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by mazaje(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
So sad. . . . . cry cry cry
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by WilyWily7: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2010
Jos Christains congratulation, never fold your arms and let those Moslem Terrorist kill you, take the fight to them and pre-emptive actions are necessarily when threaten ,  entire Christains are with all of you.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by ElRazur: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2010
Allahuakbar and Praise da lord!

grin
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by tunku(m): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2010
I am not at war with muslims, these nonsense hasn't spread to the south and will not. We just have to wait for devolution of power or disintegration.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Justcash(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2010
Oh no! This is madness!

NIGERIA must divide!

Kai! I can imagine that Mallam's grief! Oh my God!

I am a christian, I don't surpport this. This blood thirsty craze must stop!

God help us!

Who says we must be one?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by WilyWily7: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2010
Justcash:

Oh no! This is madness!

NIGERIA must divide!

Kai! I can imagine that Mallam's grief! Oh my God!

I am a christian, I don't surpport this. This blood thirsty craze must stop!

God help us!

Who says we must be one?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today is their own turn,
Every time these Dirty Stinking Moslems keep killing innocent Christains that did no wrong to them,
We are happy for Jos Christains, pay them back, Hit them more harder.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by sjeezy8: 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2010
Sad . . . Govt should be more active
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Justcash(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

Sad . . . Govt should be more active
@Sjeezy: My brother how active can they be to avert these sensless bloodshed? Are they not humans too. If a society as organised as America is finding it difficult to protect her citizens from external/Internal terrorism, how much more a very disorganised society like Nigeria?

We need to say the truth. Enough is enough. People should live the way they want. This can only be obtained through a break up or confederation. I know that more clashes are coming within the year.

God help us!
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2010
Who are the so-called Christians who perpetrated this act?

They cannot call themselves Christians. . . . . I believe this is just some tribal shiznit between Birams and Hausas.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by real4life: 6:21pm On Jan 23, 2010
Burning babies, children and women alive? Revenge? hmmmm
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Yusufi(m): 9:21am On Jan 24, 2010
My heart truly bleeds not for the dead but for those who rejoice at the fact that the massacre of an entire village where even harmless women, children & babies were brutally murdered en mass translates into some sort of victory for Christainity. I do not consider such acts to be in line with the core tenets of the Christain religion. Moreover, it is a calculated attempt into concealing a pre-meditated ethnic cleansing of the Hausa/Fulani who are pre-dominantly muslims on the grounds of political and economic tussle which has been well planned from the highest level by the so called indigenes to displace the settlers & cripple their economic endeavours thereby forcing them to exile. My prayer is for all to unite, condem & expose the indentities of these architects of satanic plots before the situation is being mis-interpreted to be a religious crisis as is already being concieved by some supposedly knowledgeable persons on this forum and assumes a full blown religious crisis capable of inflamming the national polity. I plead for calm & restraint from our muslim brothers & request that they inform & educate fellow brothers on the underlying motive of the crisis in opposition to false claims of religion which is purely aimed at concealing the truth in an attempt to gain solidarity from the christendom.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by WilyWily7: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2010
I'm still Congratulating indigenous Christains owners of Jos, never fold your arms again 'Enough is Enough' of Islamic madness, teach Moslems that lesson they understood, Islam never like peace and they will never see peace.
You people are not defending only Jos but all Christain faith from the hands of Terrorist Islam.
The world are tired of Terrorist People and must be stopped by any means possible, reinforcements from South are ready if needed.
All Christain South are behind You,
You will never walk alone.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2010
na waoo

this news don reach CNN!! no be small thing oo
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Page10: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2010
Can somebody give me the figure of the dead of Igbo origin. It is needed by our brothers to know which button to press. We in Onitsha, Aba, Asaba, Abakaliki, Owerri and myriad unreported and unknown locations are ready to avenge our dead by triple fold. To brothers in Jos, congratulations on your bravery as we ask the Kano, Bauchi, Zamfara, Kaduna and the central northern command to learn a leaf from you by never being the first to attack anybody but being ready to safeguard even the smallest of our own with anything it may require. We may not be interested in their 'enough is enough' but we do believe with our sweet and blood that 'NEVER AGAIN' will 1966 be re-invented in 2010m or then after.  

To the blood thirsty almajiri muslims, you may wish to stick to your Yoruba victims as crossing that line will unleash fireball right in your balls.

Please, be guided!
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by real4life: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2010
Posted by: Yusufi  

My heart truly bleeds not for the dead but for those who rejoice at the fact that the massacre of an entire village where even harmless women, children & babies were brutally murdered en mass translates into some sort of victory for Christainity. I do not consider such acts to be in line with the core tenets of the Christain religion. Moreover, it is a calculated attempt into concealing a pre-meditated ethnic cleansing of the Hausa/Fulani who are pre-dominantly muslims on the grounds of political and economic tussle which has been well planned from the highest level by the so called indigenes to displace the settlers & cripple their economic endeavours thereby forcing them to exile. My prayer is for all to unite, condem & expose the indentities of these architects of satanic plots before the situation is being mis-interpreted to be a religious crisis as is already being concieved by some supposedly knowledgeable persons on this forum and assumes a full blown  religious crisis capable of inflamming the national polity. I  plead for calm & restraint from our muslim brothers & request that they inform & educate fellow brothers on the underlying motive of the crisis in opposition to false claims of religion which is purely aimed at concealing the truth in an attempt to gain solidarity from the christendom.

Please ignore comments by Wily Wily (he is a confirmed niger delta terrorist, he has obviously killed many people himself so this is childs play to him)and the few others like him on this forum. They are not speaking on behalf of all christians, some of them have condemned this already.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Katsumoto: 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2010
Yusufi:

My heart truly bleeds not for the dead but for those who rejoice at the fact that the massacre of an entire village where even harmless women, children & babies were brutally murdered en mass translates into some sort of victory for Christainity. I do not consider such acts to be in line with the core tenets of the Christain religion. Moreover, it is a calculated attempt into concealing a pre-meditated ethnic cleansing of the Hausa/Fulani who are pre-dominantly muslims on the grounds of political and economic tussle which has been well planned from the highest level by the so called indigenes to displace the settlers & cripple their economic endeavours thereby forcing them to exile. My prayer is for all to unite, condem & expose the indentities of these architects of satanic plots before the situation is being mis-interpreted to be a religious crisis as is already being concieved by some supposedly knowledgeable persons on this forum and assumes a full blown religious crisis capable of inflamming the national polity. I plead for calm & restraint from our muslim brothers & request that they inform & educate fellow brothers on the underlying motive of the crisis in opposition to false claims of religion which is purely aimed at concealing the truth in an attempt to gain solidarity from the christendom.

The killing of fellow human beings is very deplorable. But I find your comments very disingenous. Where were you when the Hausa muslims started this carnage last Sunday? I need not remind you of the many other acts of mass murders in Nigeria's short history.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2010
for those of u that is saying Nigeria should divide, i tell u it is a lie we r not going to divide nothing.
this is our country it belongs to all of us, if they wont respect our rights to live we wont respect theirs.

have anybody heard that in southern Nigeria moslems where killed? No. but all the time the northerners enter the streets and begin to kill christians.

those of u christians that think once they slap u turn the other cheek well after u turn both cheeks wat next??

it is time for an eye for an eye, u try us we kill u.

kudos to the Jos xtians for making us proud.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by ezeagu(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
kaecy5:

for those of u that is saying Nigeria should divide, i tell u it is a lie we r not going to divide nothing.
this is our country it belongs to all of us, if they wont respect our rights to live we wont respect theirs.

And you don't live in Nigeria I guess.

Charred babies?
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Yusufi(m): 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ Katsumoto
In as much as you really do not deserve any intellectual response, kindly update the house on the facts of the alleged attack on worshippers on the said Sunday stating your reference of course. Let us into the details of the particular church and the situation that ensued thereafter coz even the state's Police Comissioner that tendered the official statement has not been able to substantiate same. I do not need a herbalist to inform me that the statement was premature & pre-meditated

@ Kaecy5
Its really saddening to read comments like yours. It only goes a long way to affirm that the strategy adopted by the Plateau State govt into makin the crisis seem religious in order to gain undeserved solidarity has taken the better part of you. I really hope that the joy you derive from the massacare does not turn out to be the source of your greatest nightmare ever. If you are so blood thirsty, then I suggest you seek for help at the appropriate quarters.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Katsumoto: 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2010
Yusufi:

@ Katsumoto
In as much as you really do not deserve any intellectual response, kindly update the house on the facts of the alleged attack on worshippers on the said Sunday stating your reference of course. Let us into the details of the particular church and the situation that ensued thereafter coz even the state's Police Comissioner that tendered the official statement has not been able to substantiate same. I do not need a herbalist to inform me that the statement was premature & pre-meditated

@ Kaecy5
Its really saddening to read comments like yours. It only goes a long way to affirm that the strategy adopted by the Plateau State govt into makin the crisis seem religious in order to gain undeserved solidarity has taken the better part of you. I really hope that the joy you derive from the massacare does not turn out to be the source of your greatest nightmare ever. If you are so blood thirsty, then I suggest you seek for help at the appropriate quarters.

I didn't want to go there but you leave me no choice. Intellectual response my ass. What was intellectual about the manner of death and destruction visited on Southerners since the 60s? Hausa/Fulani muslims have been responsible for many acts of death and destruction in the North. Should i remind you of Boko haram, the cartoon riots, the pageant riots, etc. I do not need to enlighten anyone on this thread about these acts. W are all aware. Do not come to this forum crying like a baby like you are an innocent victim. We all know the main guilty party in all these senseless killings.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2010
No christain will support the killing of anybody

what is going on in Jos right now is a shame of a Nation . . . .muslims and christains alike.

Instead of having a standard law that guides us in all parts of Nigeria we want to allow demographics to dictate what laws operate in certain areas. But for places like Jos where the Muslim North and the Christain South meets, for places like Jos where it is not explicitly clear who dominates a system of law which depends on demographics will always be a recipe for trouble and confusion.

Why can't we all agree that Nigeria is a secular country where states whithin the country should not be guided by any religious laws? We really have a long way to go.

This is why any honest observer will agree that while the actions of Abdullmutalab is un-Nigerian to the extent that the average Nigerian does not blow himself up and others. It is also not very honest to argue that we do not condone terrorism within us because what is happening in Jos today is not new. This is not the first and will unfortunately not be the last untill we honestly tackle certain issues.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by RichyBlacK(m): 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2010
Those who committed this massacre must be apprehended, prosecuted and convicted for mass murder.

Since the massacre of Igbos in the 60s (and before) the useless Nigerian government has NEVER prosecuted a single misguided element among the many bands of marauding murderers scattered all over Northern Nigeria. The government condoned, even encouraged by many accounts, the pogrom against hundreds of thousands Igbo civilians, women and children in 1966. Forty years later, that cancer is still ravaging Northern Nigeria.

Until the useless Nigerian government repents from its policy of turning a blind eye to violence spearheaded by misguided imbeciles in Northern Nigeria (mainly because Igbos - those rebels that deserve it - have suffered the most), this kind of barbarism will continue in Northern Nigeria. Unfortunately for the architects of these systematized mass-killings, the victims have gone beyond Ndi-Igbo.

May God grant rest to the souls of the departed. Amen.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by Yusufi(m): 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ Katsumoto
I didn't want to go there but you leave me no choice. Intellectual response my backside. What was intellectual about the manner of death and destruction visited on Southerners since the 60s? Hausa/Fulani muslims have been responsible for many acts of death and destruction in the North. Should i remind you of Boko haram, the cartoon riots, the pageant riots, etc. I do not need to enlighten anyone on this thread about these acts. W are all aware. Do not come to this forum crying like a baby like you are an innocent victim. We all know the main guilty party in all these senseless killings.

It would not suffice for you to make accusations without anything substantial to back up your arguement by way of a confirmed report or evidence. Moreover, all that you have stated are simply vague and ambiguous without any definite mention of incident. The Boko haram issue was an affair between some radical person posing behind the identity of muslims and government forces. The cartoon riots, as you choose to refer to them, were protests over a deliberate insult aimed at the global muslim world. The peagants riots, as you call them, were protests to question the rationale of a female journalist's motive for issueing derrogatory and inciting statements against the Prophet for demanding that the pangant should not be held during the month of fasting in a muslim dominated region of the country. All these have no business with issues of religion. If I get you right, you are trying to justify the alleged massacre of, harmless and unsuspecting men, women and children as some form of compensation for the loss of lives over an alleged incident that took place even before you set foot on earth. It is this same line of thinking that has engulfed the Plateau. SO, HELP US GOD against wolves in sheeps' skin.
Re: Horror Of Nigeria Clashes Uncovered ( Video ) by BOMBBLAST: 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2010
too bad

(1) (Reply)

Could It Be Said That Dele Giwa Died Beacause Of Playing Dubious Double-agent? / 2015: Power Goes To Isoko / Okija Juju And Dede1, You Cannot Govern A Village.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.