Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,972 members, 7,880,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) (2273 Views)

Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / Fear Of GMB!! Dieziani Maduekwe Absconds For Fear Of Being Probed / Ojo Maduekwe In Government, Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFXsoMbVAE

Umaru Yar’Adua’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, got more than he bargained for in New York today on his latest ministerial junket allegedly to discuss the inclusion of Nigeria in the list of nations in involved in terrorism. The Minister who spent N2.7 billion on foreign travels last year alone, arrived in New York York accompanied by the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Foreign affairs, Umar Bature. Maduekwe’s misery started upon arrival in New York as the US State Department refused to meet with him. Saharareporters had reported yesterday about a trip to Nigeria by Mr. Johnny Carson of the department to meet with Goodluck Jonathan, in view of Yar’Adua’s prolonged absence from office, the nation’s disappearance from international reckoning, as well as her increasing religious crises and the uprising in the Niger Delta region.

Mr. Maduekwe had banked on meeting with the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Ban ki-Moon, a meeting he hoped would open the door to the presence of Ms. Susan Rice, the US Permanent representative at the United Nations.  But all those hopes and permutations collapsed, as Mr. Maduekwe ought to have known in Abuja, as  the US was in a mood to meet the Foreign Minister of a country whose president had disappeared for two months.

Only yesterday, Mr. Maduekwe admitted what was worse the BBC program Hard Talk.  He told the presenter he had not spoken to Yar’Adua since he left Nigeria on November 23 2009, and could not explain where he was getting his instructions.   

That embarrassing experience meant that Maduekwe embarked on his US trip determined to turn up a semblance of success, turning to the Nigerian diplomatic staff in New York to get him a top-level appointment at all cost.  Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Professor Joy Ogwu, was at Maduekwe’s Millennium Plaza Hotel this morning, but apparently did not have good news for her boss. 

In order to ensure that some report went to the Ministry of Information in Abuja for rebranding and propaganda purposes, and to the Nigeria Television Authority for “news” that he had been hard at work in the United States, Mr. Maduekwe directed the diplomats to organize an emergency press conference for him at the UN.  The UN Journal for Friday, 22 January lists no press conference for Nigeria or Mr. Maduekwe.   

But Mr. Maduekwe, who could have chosen to speak to the “Enough Is Enough” rally being held by Nigerians in front of Nigeria House on the other side of the same city block, decided to hold a conference, any conference. 

When Saharareporters got wind of it and tried to attend the conference, we were told that no conference was listed for Nigeria in the building. Through persistent investigation we found out the “secret” conference, where he had set up shop trying to bamboozle a few journalists about the “progress” being made in Nigeria and puffing arrogantly about his credentials as a capable hand in the vision of “Mr. President”.

http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/4913-foreign-misadventure-ojo-maduekwe-in-another-new-york-mess.html

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by edoyad(m): 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2010
A more sane human being would have resigned, but cos of the total lack of integrity ingrained in these political office holders they'll cling on tightly so that they can be driven with sirens blaring on the streets of Abuja.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by trueword: 12:48am On Jan 24, 2010
wow. lol. that reporter was telling him the truth in his face and he couldn't handle the truth. I'm glad the reporter had the courage to say the things he said. We need more reporters to be grilling people like Ojo and make him feel uncomfortable. These people need to be haunted by their conscious for all the bad things they have done to Nigeria.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Alxmyr(m): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2010
Though Madueke was wrong in his reaction, but the reporter is a very miserable Nigerian abroad. His actions lack decorum and is very unprofessional. The method of questioning was insulting and I do believe he is not a professional like other sahara people.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by kidonig: 1:04am On Jan 24, 2010
Very funny,
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by vigasimple(m): 1:36am On Jan 24, 2010
Alxmyr:

Though Madueke was wrong in his reaction, but the reporter is a very miserable Nigerian abroad. His actions lack decorum and is very unprofessional. The method of questioning was insulting and I do believe he is not a professional like other sahara people.

I must say that you may be the one that is miserable because if you see how political office holders including Presidents and Prime Ministers are grilled especially when they don't wnt to answer difficult questions or are simply outright dishonest.

The question SR asked your Foreign Minister which another White reporter asked him and still refused to answe was this ' dishounarble Minister , you claimed that you have not spoken with your boss, the visionless, offshore President YAR A'CLULESS for 60 days since he went to Saudi Arabia on Medical exile, on whose authority/mandate are you making all this statements and meetings?, are all your actions are not illegitimate? because you don't appear to have instructions from your master/boss'

He started to answer the white Reporter about how he was a Minister acording to the constitution from ABIA state, as if anyone cares. When you are in a cabinet position world over, you get your instructions from the President or Prime minister. Ojo Maduekwe could have said that in the absence of YAR A'DO NOTHING, the FEC under the chairmanship of the VP directs the affairs of the nation, BUT, there are two traps with that, VP has no acting power authority niether has the President gave him any instructions to give to Foreign Minister as he is too ill to Preside ove anything or command anyting even when he was in Nigeria. The second Problem is that Ojo Madukewe is just an arrogant, pompous fellow who thinks he knows more than anyone else, he alomst said that he is not answerable to YAR A'LEAD NOTHING which infact was true when the dunce called President was here.

Everybody is a law unto themselves. President that has not spoken to world leaders since 25th December after Mutallab, and did not summon his foreign minister since then to give him instructions. The whole government should resign, end of the story.

I hope we can have the type of SR in Nigeria very soon, as they have them all over the developed world.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by saintneo(m): 1:55am On Jan 24, 2010
vigasimple:

I must say that you may be the one that is miserable because if you see how political office holders including Presidents and Prime Ministers are grilled especially when they don't wnt to answer difficult questions or are simply outright dishonest.

The question  SR asked your Foreign Minister which another White reporter asked him and still refused to answe was this  ' dishounarble Minister , you claimed that you have not spoken with your boss, the visionless, offshore President YAR A'CLULESS for 60 days since he went to Saudi Arabia on Medical exile, on whose authority/mandate are you making all this statements and meetings?, are all your actions are not illegitimate? because you don't appear to have instructions from your master/boss'

He started to answer the white Reporter about how he was a Minister acording to the constitution from ABIA state, as if anyone cares. When you are in a cabinet position world over, you get your instructions from the President or Prime minister. Ojo Maduekwe could have said that in the absence of YAR A'DO NOTHING, the FEC under the chairmanship of the VP directs the affairs of the nation, BUT, there are two traps with  that, VP has no acting power authority niether has the President gave him any instructions to give to Foreign Minister as he is too ill to Preside ove anything or command anyting even when he was in Nigeria. The second Problem is that Ojo Madukewe is just an arrogant, pompous fellow who thinks he knows more than anyone else, he alomst said that he is not answerable to YAR A'LEAD NOTHING which infact was true when the dunce called President was here.

Everybody is a law unto themselves. President that has not spoken to world leaders since 25th December after Mutallab, and did not summon his foreign minister since then to give him instructions. The whole government should resign, end of the story.

I hope we can have the type of SR in Nigeria very soon, as they have them all over the developed world.
excuse me, i'm not a fan of fake governments and irresponsible ministers; however, this reporter is not intelligent. There is no journalism decorum in his question.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Mekusxyz: 2:39am On Jan 24, 2010
Both the journalist and the minister are aggressive and disrespectful clowns
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by SEFAGO(m): 2:41am On Jan 24, 2010
I think its just the minister that is a clown. It is the prerogative of a reporter to be disrespectful.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by strangleyo: 2:47am On Jan 24, 2010
Nigerians.

So was it the white boy who came to mediate? He answered the white man's question?

This is sad.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Becomrrich: 3:23am On Jan 24, 2010
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by AjanleKoko: 9:14am On Jan 24, 2010
The guy just embarrassed his government.
He should be fired, actually.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by henry101(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2010
Nobody is missing anything here. The reporter is uncivilised. The reporter just behaved like a typical nigerian reporter.
New York wey im dey self no help am @al ask beta question.
What has Abacha got to do with the absence of Yaradua.
I think He should go for more training on how questions are asked.
The Foreign minister did his job but He shouldn't have made that statement.
He is a complete mofo.
Both the reporter and the minister need to be given six strokes.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Tittos: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Henry101,the reporter 2,Ojo 12 lashes[color=][/color]
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Becomrrich: 12:11am On Jan 25, 2010
sowore better dont near nigeria airport.

henry101, do google search, they have ask obama great question than this. What the minister should have said,is next question. He does not have to answer.

But to now answer this way, looks bad of nigeria govt. It show the world this is how nigeria treat thier citizen. i have watch the video several times to make me laugh. it is funny video.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Mekusxyz: 12:20am On Jan 25, 2010
The reporter was as idiotic as the minister. Both of them deserve what they gave each other.

On a lighter mood, Sowore must be beaten up by the Igbo minister's boys if he comes to Nigeria, just like three Yoruba military officers have either beaten up or killed Igbo fellows. grin grin grin
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by becomrich15: 12:34am On Jan 25, 2010
Now, you Mekusxyz , did you watch the video, what sowore said was that Abacha govt was an illegitimate. That was true. It was a military govt.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by becomrich15: 12:37am On Jan 25, 2010
normally Sowore would be jail in Nigeria for asking question . sowore is in the bad books already.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Jan 25, 2010
Ojo Maduekwe got what he deserves. grin grin
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by becomrich15: 1:05am On Jan 25, 2010
What the minister should do is have some people ask him the likely question before he goes for any interview. The one with BBC was the same, he should not have told the BBC, he had not spoken to the president. And not answer. He does not have to answer. It makes all of them look bad.

What he should have reply the BBC was, I am in touch with the president team in saudia arabia. even if the press ask him, if he as spoken to him. He should just use the "in touch"

While for sowore, he should have answer the question with out talking about abacha. Something like. An answer , he later gave. That Nigeria was above a person , or yar adua.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by becomrich15: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2010
i think minister ojo , should know better to be prepared. he should remember when he use to do this to people. Do you think he remember tofa vice president, sylvester Ugwu during the president debate in 1992, when he ask the question about biafra.
I would never forget Minister ojo question. Never forget. "How the biafra currrency fell like a pack of card. when Sylvester Ugwu became minister of finance under biafra" it is 17 years ago he ask the question. So minister Ojo and others would see, no be small boy they write.

Now he is old and expect Sowore to treat him nice. Ojo I remember very well, get it to sylvester Ugwu. sylvester Ugwu. nearly shit for body. sylvester Ugwu nearly was crying on that day. sylvester Ugwu started to clean his face several, like 1,000,000 times. Before minister ojo, became a govt man, he use to be on the people side before. i forgot his position with abiola hope team. He is now the one recieving the heat. if i remember very well Nduka was also there.

I think after 17 years, a generation should be ready to quit , so that our generation take over the running of the govt.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by becomrich15: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
June 12, was the reason most of us, came here.   minister ojo was like sowore of those days. that why he does not like sowore doing what he use to do to others. Minister ojo was a terror in young days like Sowore. he was know for his terror question. govt officers use to run from him.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by b0dnel: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
I dont know what is wrong with some of us.
That Sahara reporter is just plain stupid, He is not a journalist at all, if he is then he is not well trained. Can you imagine the kind of conclusive questions he was asking? please!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are better ways to ask questions and make the other party seem foolish,
he just fooled himself, saharareporters and his family
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Becomrrich: 4:48am On Jan 26, 2010
b0dnel ,
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Becomrrich: 6:07am On Jan 26, 2010
for me, I dont bother myself with people. I care about helping the people. You would notice I dont talking about people online. But of ideas. You cant find anywhere, I have verbally or written abuse anyone. I am only interested in ideas to help the people.

I remember ojo very well. The moderator shouted on ojo and wanted to walk him out of the presidential debate. he was shouting and standing up, so sowore did less than ojo.

The world is not a straight line, sowore believe it can be. United nigeria is a dream.

On sowore, I was not a student of the university of lagos,  but went to the university of ilorin, NVS philip adekunle went to ilorin, deputy centre bank governor too, sarah and we were far ahead of sowore. But he was the student leader at unilag. during his time. 

i even entered the university before Bamidele Aturu  who was NASS president.  This were all before sowore times.  he went to unilag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by RuggedSniper: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sunnybobo3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFXsoMbVAE

Umaru Yar’Adua’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, got more than he bargained for in New York today on his latest ministerial junket allegedly to discuss the inclusion of Nigeria in the list of nations in involved in terrorism. The Minister who spent N2.7 billion on foreign travels last year alone, arrived in New York York accompanied by the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Foreign affairs, Umar Bature. Maduekwe’s misery started upon arrival in New York as the US State Department refused to meet with him. Saharareporters had reported yesterday about a trip to Nigeria by Mr. Johnny Carson of the department to meet with Goodluck Jonathan, in view of Yar’Adua’s prolonged absence from office, the nation’s disappearance from international reckoning, as well as her increasing religious crises and the uprising in the Niger Delta region.

Mr. Maduekwe had banked on meeting with the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Ban ki-Moon, a meeting he hoped would open the door to the presence of Ms. Susan Rice, the US Permanent representative at the United Nations.  But all those hopes and permutations collapsed, as Mr. Maduekwe ought to have known in Abuja, as  the US was in a mood to meet the Foreign Minister of a country whose president had disappeared for two months.

Only yesterday, Mr. Maduekwe admitted what was worse the BBC program Hard Talk.  He told the presenter he had not spoken to Yar’Adua since he left Nigeria on November 23 2009, and could not explain where he was getting his instructions.   

That embarrassing experience meant that Maduekwe embarked on his US trip determined to turn up a semblance of success, turning to the Nigerian diplomatic staff in New York to get him a top-level appointment at all cost.  Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Professor Joy Ogwu, was at Maduekwe’s Millennium Plaza Hotel this morning, but apparently did not have good news for her boss. 

In order to ensure that some report went to the Ministry of Information in Abuja for rebranding and propaganda purposes, and to the Nigeria Television Authority for “news” that he had been hard at work in the United States, Mr. Maduekwe directed the diplomats to organize an emergency press conference for him at the UN.  The UN Journal for Friday, 22 January lists no press conference for Nigeria or Mr. Maduekwe.   

But Mr. Maduekwe, who could have chosen to speak to the “Enough Is Enough” rally being held by Nigerians in front of Nigeria House on the other side of the same city block, decided to hold a conference, any conference. 

When Saharareporters got wind of it and tried to attend the conference, we were told that no conference was listed for Nigeria in the building. Through persistent investigation we found out the “secret” conference, where he had set up shop trying to bamboozle a few journalists about the “progress” being made in Nigeria and puffing arrogantly about his credentials as a capable hand in the vision of “Mr. President”.

http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/4913-foreign-misadventure-ojo-maduekwe-in-another-new-york-mess.html
grin... Just seeing this. The verbal altercation in NY between Omoyele Sowore and the late Madueke was very hilarious... and full of nonsense ego trippin'. grin "Second base jare!" *(In Fela Kuti's voice)*
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Gets It Hot In New York (video) by Basic123: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
OSU Igbo people and their shenanigans 😆
Frustrated pained losers 😆

Buhari is jubril gullible deluded Idiots.

Buhari refused to die like they wanted,they killed him inside their brain and replaced him with jubril. CSU refused to call Tinubu a female,they turned him to female inside their brain...

How can a whole tribe be deluded!

(1) (Reply)

Justice Akomaye Agim- Chief Justice Of Gambia Apointed As Appeal Court Of Gambia / Breaking: 5 Pdp Govs To Visit Obj, Ibb / Whether Jonathan Gets Re- Elected Or Not, N’delta Will Resume Militancy – Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.