Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,134 members, 7,943,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Stock Issues- Help! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Issues- Help! (3651 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Issues- Help! by sonate: 4:45pm On Jan 23, 2010
My stock broker instead of selling shares as i mandated him bought them .this put my account with him into a debit without my knowledge.in order to clear this debit , he further sold my blue chips stock without my knowledge,creating a huge loss for me plus los of dividends on the shares sold.please what can i do to get my shares and dividend back?Can someone recommend a reliable and honest broker to me my current broker is a member of N.S.E. and was recommended by a friend. angry
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by akinbola2: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2010
It wil be gd if u can say d name of ur broker,so dat their kind wil not market u again.dey re mostly like dat.but few hav gd integrity dat u cant think of.try kinley securities beside etb 28 marina.dey re beta dan even d intercon securities and other investment banks.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by akinbola2: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2010
It wil be gd if u can say d name of ur broker,so dat their kind wil not market u again.dey re mostly like dat.but few hav gd integrity dat u cant think of.try kinley securities beside etb 28 marina.dey re beta dan even d intercon securities and other investment banks.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by mastercee(m): 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2010
why not try the international stock market, here you don't have the issue of your broker placing or closing a trade without instruction, and also the market offers a higher rate of return on your investment.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by akinbola2: 8:04pm On Jan 23, 2010
Gmt securities,intercontinental securities did d nonsense wit me b4 and other stupid ones but only kinley securities kept the relationship.what is their name?
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by willichi(m): 3:04am On Jan 26, 2010
try LEADCAPITAL,THEY ARE GOOD
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by aieromon(m): 3:21am On Jan 26, 2010
Your stockbroker deserves to be punished for his atrocities angry
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by SEFAGO(m): 3:23am On Jan 26, 2010
My stock broker instead of selling shares as i mandated him bought them .this put my account with him into a debit without my knowledge.in order to clear this debit , he further sold my blue chips stock without my knowledge,creating a huge loss for me plus los of dividends on the shares sold.please what can i do to get my shares and dividend back?Can someone recommend a reliable and honest broker to me my current broker is a member of N.S.E. and was recommended by a friend.

This is so illegal undecided, check about how you can report him to NSE or an accrediting body (I know stock brokers require accreditation). Also if possible, round some agberos (if this is lagos) and pay them to storm the guys office and deal with him grin

i don say my own
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by mbulela: 4:55am On Jan 26, 2010
try ECL (equator capital)
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by iblek01(m): 8:29am On Jan 26, 2010
Hello sonate,

you better trade your stock and shares yourself and stay away from fucking broker.
you can trade both national and international your self, you may think it sound funny but reach me on iblek01@yahoo.com for more details.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by willichi(m): 8:44am On Jan 26, 2010
@iblek01,How can you trade your self without involving a stockbrokering firm in Nigeria?I dont think Nigeria got dat facilities for now investorwilliamschichi@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by MrCrackles(m): 9:09am On Jan 26, 2010
Your stockbroker has acted illegally. . . .
He should be reported to the relevant authorities ASAP
Crooks like him are not needed in the financial sector
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Elenurazor: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2010
Try CAMRY SECURITIES LIMITED. They are at 21/22 Marina Lagos.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by chelseabmw(m): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2010
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by alldone(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2010
take action by reporting him, but before then try to talk it over with him before reporting him.
some of them are cheats.
You need to recover your investment.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Amjustme: 10:44am On Jan 26, 2010
I second MrCrackles on dis ASAP.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Gentlebabs(m): 11:31am On Jan 26, 2010
Looking for a reliable, dependable & trustworthy stockbroker. 08035063895
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by aganaboos1: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2010
Na OLEH o.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Meldrick(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26, 2010
Gentlebabs:

Looking for a reliable, dependable & trustworthy stockbroker. 08035063895

You try eh.
So the number represents the name of the stock broking firm. The number sends a funny signal to me.

Try next door.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by texazzpete(m): 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
Meldrick:

You try eh.
So the number represents the name of the stock broking firm. The number sends a funny signal to me.

Try next door.

Don't be a dunce. he has a right to market his services in a public forum. Especially as the topic involves someone disenchanted with his current broker.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Gentlebabs(m): 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
AMIN INVESTMENT is the name of the company, they share the same building with the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Na wa oh! Na eveyrthing Nigerians dey suspect! Call Mr. Femi Oniyitan 08026649254. Tell him you got his number from Babs and he will give you all the assistance you need. Don't forget to post me a bottle of Champagne when the cash starts rolling in.

I am just trying to be of help to my fellow Nairalanders,
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by iblek01(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2010
Hello everybody,
    We don't need to be abusing one another on the forum because some share an idea,
individual has the right to advertise his/her idea or services on the forum, if you like you
can deal with such, vise varsa, so stop abusing.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Gentlebabs(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
Thanks you <texazzpete> for your candid and pragmatic posting. I am not even a stockbroker to start with. I am into Insurance/Infotech. History will forgive us for taking a wrong step, but history will never forgive us for not taking any step at all. So giving another company, which a fellow Nairalander proposes is not supposed to cause  any palava.

Nigeria is in a state of suspicion, where everyone suspects everybody. A lady of 25 who was approached for marriage refused to marry cause she was rapped at 12yrs. Is that wisdom? We should let the past pass away and move on to the next level with caution though!

I duff my cap for you o ja re texazzpete
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Akposkin: 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
You did well bab
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Gentlebabs(m): 1:13pm On Jan 26, 2010
Thanks[b] <Akposkin>[/b], i just believe nairaland is a forum where we not only unwind, but share things of interests. Cheers!
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by Str8talk: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2010
Try CAPITAL ASSETS LTD 8th & 9th Floor, Bookshop House, 50/52 Broad St.

I can vouch for their integrity any day! I know the owner personally. They are conservative and have a strong pedigree. You can ask people at the NSE and SEC about them and record - no complaints!

Their conservatism has enabled them to weather the current financial storm quite well such that they have resumed recruitment while others are laying off staff. PM me for additional information you may require.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by protocol(m): 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
Firstly,
if ur stockbroker bought instead of selling,he should hav sold the quntity he bought and pay for the price differences which cannot be more than 5% up or down the consideration, u kw what i mean! thats all. dont u hav trade alert? it u hav trade alert, u should hav been notified instantly and this will mek u follow up immediatly.Well, my name is Henry and i work for PRIMEWEALTH CAPITAL LTD IN V/I, If u wish to change u can call me on 08037430594.
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by osbar67: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2010
The worst part of these replies you will get from here is that majority of your respondent are stock broker marketing their various firms,telling you to go to either a or b firm and at the end they'll do worse than your initial broker.Na wa 4 this our country oh!
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by zobay(m): 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
Can u visit this website http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/ whatever u see there u can conclude on ur own
Re: Stock Issues- Help! by zobay(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
The worst part of these replies you will get from here is that majority of your respondent are stock broker marketing their various firms,telling you to go to either a or b firm and at the end they'll do worse than your initial broker.Na wa 4 this our country oh!

May be u need to read the post again

My stock broker instead of selling shares as i mandated him bought them .this put my account with him into a debit without my knowledge.in order to clear this debit , he further sold my blue chips stock without my knowledge,creating a huge loss for me plus los of dividends on the shares sold.please what can i do to get my shares and dividend back?Can someone recommend a reliable and honest broker to me my current broker is a member of N.S.E. and was recommended by a friend.

It happens to all most all the brokers -that instead of selling they buy or asking them to buy/sell certain number of units of shares and they bought/sold more units than requested for. This happens due to human error.

It is illegal to sell ur stock without ur prior knowledge wether blue chips or nt. I will advice u see the MD of the coy and explain to Him/Her, one of the junior staff may be the one involved. I'm sure if what you say is right they will buy it back for you.
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Good Money In A Month / Abuja Is Selling For Chinkili Money @merrybells Real Estate / Buy Your Data,sell/buy Your Airtime,tv Subscriptions With & To Us With Good Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.