Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,340 members, 7,943,845 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? (589 Views)

My Uber Driver Came With 4matic, Gave My Baby A Seat And Also A Toy To Play With / Charms Discovered Under The Car Seat Of Student Who Killed A Bike Man . / Mali Sends Back Migrants Deported By France. Should Nigeria Follow Suit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by AutoJoshNG: 10:48am On Jun 16, 2017
Uber’s privately hired cars now have an option to get vehicles with already installed child seat.This was a smart move, because there were reports that private hire cars like Uber are not allowed to board passengers below the height of 4ft in some countries.

Users will have to pay an additional charge of N1,850 ($5) when the Uber car seat option is selected in booking an UberX ride with the Uber App. This service was introduced on Thursday, June 15th 2017 on a total number of 100 cars.

Children that use the child seat have to be from ages one to ten and weigh between 10kg to 25kg, and must not exceed 4ft in height. These seats cost about N148,ooo ($400) but would be subsidised for Uber cabs due to the existing partnership between Uber and Taxi Baby.

GrabCar Uber’s rival has however already had 3000 cars equipped with child seats manufactured by Grab- and- Go. The age range is from four to seven years old and requires users to pay N740 ($2) more than the normal price.

This feature is already available in countries in Asia, however will we see this improvement in Nigeria?

https://autojosh.com/uber-to-introduce-car-seat-service-for-children-will-nigeria-follow-suit/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by Beverages: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2017
That's Good.
Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by Olibboy: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Uber kiddies.
Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2017
They won't. Most Nigerians don't use children's car seat and I don't know why. It annoys me when I see children in the front seat or at the back jumping about. Please, car owners should get a car seat for their kids. I wish FRSC can start arresting/penalizing defaulters.

1 Like

Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by AutoJoshNG: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
PaperLace:
They won't. Most Nigerians don't use children's car seat and I don't know why. It annoys me when I see children in the front seat or at the back jumping about. Please, car owners should get a car seat for their kids. I wish FRSC can start arresting/penalizing defaulters.

Sure. I concur.
Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2017
Oga, we never get that time yet. We're still a third world nation and we're still getting used to the whole uber shebang in this parts.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Introduces Car Seat Service For Children, Will Nigeria Follow Suit? by chiefbuchiV12(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2017
Shey nigerian's get time for car seats ni Shey nigerian's get time for car seats ni

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Leads To Traffic Gridlock At Ajah. Motorists Cry Out In Hardship / Visa Consultation Service To Uk, Usa, Canada, Turkey, Shengen, Uae / The $40 Bracelet That Will Call For Help If You're In Danger. See How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.