Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ (936 Views)

United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. / History Made As UAE Renames Mosque "Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque" / Christian Nigerian Lady Visits Mosque In Abu Dhabi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by FMary(m): 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
​The Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed mosque in Al Mushrif, a district in Abu Dhabi, UAE, was on Wednesday renamed ‘Mariam, Umm Eisa’.

Mariam Umm Eisa is an Arabic name for Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

The renaming of the mosque was ordered by Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, “to consolidate bonds of humanity between followers of different religions”, Gulf News reports.

Reacting to the development, Andrew Thompson, a senior chaplain at St Andrew’s Church, was quoted as saying: “We are delighted that we are celebrating something that we have in common between both our faiths.

“Mary, as the mother of Jesus, is of course a holy, special figure in our communities. She is a woman who symbolises obedience to God.

“We look forward to growing in deeper understanding with our neighbours, and we celebrate with them the new name of the mosque,” Thompson said.

Jeramie Rinne, senior pastor of the Evangelical Community Church in Abu Dhabi, also hailed the news.

“Mohammad has made another generous gesture of religious tolerance in renaming the mosque. The UAE continues to set the pace in this region for peaceful coexistence and cooperation. We are very encouraged and feel blessed to be a part of this nation,” he said.

A church in Al Ain was said to have recently opened its doors for Maghrib prayers.

Church workers reportedly laid down carpets on the wooden floor for over 200 Asian Muslim workers to say their prayers.

Source: http://www.francismary.org/abu-dhabi-renames-mosque-to-mary-mother-of-jesus/

Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by olu77(m): 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nice one. I will try to rename my Underground Ministry International (UMI) after one of the mothers of muslims' prophets too. One good turn, they say, deserves another. Peace to the world.
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Chikelue2000(m): 2:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
I !maybe wrong but I wanna ask, y is it that d quaran has a lot of Bible characters but u won't see anyone in d bible
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by YOUNGrapha(m): 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
see as them go soon bomb the mosque....this people are extremely wicked.... embarassed
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I !maybe wrong but I wanna ask, y is it that d quaran has a lot of Bible characters but u won't see anyone in d bible

Because 75% of the Bible was copied into the Quran.
Islam is a Break from the Roman Catholic Church. 600 years after Christianity Came, islam came. Then Islam decided to kill Christianity because to them we "tilted " the word of God (The Bible) by so doing its no longer allowed to govern them - its Haram, Now let me ask you, Old testament didnt have Christianity, New testament brought christianity in Antioch Syria, followed by the Synoptic gospels, Now ask yourself if we decide to follow a new law as per christianity, did we tilt the word of GOD? This is their annoyance, and we call Jesus our God, I wonder if the son of God isnt a God as well... Hmmm

Islam doesnt understand that they are part of the Abrahamic Religion, which makes up 3 of us , Jewish , christianity , Islam in that order. Islam has a lot to amass before they understand themselves clearly and correctly, then Mohammed damaged everything with his Surah 5:51 and thats the grievance of Islam, I start to wonder a religion that is a cousin to Christianity and the Jewish Religion, yet wants to eradicate its own cousins to become superior - ISIS and every moderate Muslim follows this same rule of law in their Quran, Shay Something isnt wrong sha...

A Fayidat i had a discussion with told me that Islam also has New Testanment as well, i wonder if its true sha... Cos apparently its only the yoruba Muslims (some of them) that actually understand the "Live and let live " Principles.... Others are something else, the worst are these Sunni , Sufi and Salafist Imbeciles up north.

6 Likes

Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Chikelue2000(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
gimakon:

Because 75% of the Bible was copied into the Quran.
Islam is a Break from the Roman Catholic Church. 600 years after Christianity Came, islam came. Then Islam decided to kill Christianity because to them we "tilted " the word of God (The Bible) by so doing its no longer allowed to govern them - its Haram, Now let me ask you, Old testament didnt have Christianity, New testament brought christianity in Antioch Syria, followed by the Synoptic gospels, Now ask yourself if we decide to follow a new law as per christianity, did we tilt the word of GOD? This is their annoyance, and we call Jesus our God, I wonder if the son of God isnt a God as well... Hmmm

Islam doesnt understand that they are part of the Abrahamic Religion, which makes up 3 of us , Jewish , christianity , Islam in that order. Islam has a lot to amass before they understand themselves clearly and correctly, then Mohammed damaged everything with his Surah 5:51 and thats the grievance of Islam, I start to wonder a religion that is a cousin to Christianity and the Jewish Religion, yet wants to eradicate its own cousins to become superior - ISIS and every moderate Muslim follows this same rule of law in their Quran, Shay Something isnt wrong sha...

A Fayidat i had a discussion with told me that Islam also has New Testanment as well, i wonder if its true sha... Cos apparently its only the yoruba Muslims (some of them) that actually understand the "Live and let live " Principles.... Others are something else, the worst are these Sunni , Sufi and Salafist Imbeciles up north.
nice one big bro, I have learnt a two or more thongs
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Chikelue2000:
nice one big bro, I have learnt a two or more thongs

Anytime.
10 commandments is also in the Quran. Only they added few other things as well.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have.
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
Eisa is not the Jesus Christ of Christians. Isa or Eisa is a muslim guy that fit into Mohammed idea of how his jesus should be.

The same Mariam in the Quran is both the sister of Moses, Aaron and Mother of Isa. What an illiterate Mohammed!!

So the Mosque is still the shrine for Antichrist Mohammed worship.

Mohammed is same as Allah in the Quran....

1 Like

Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Saifullah01: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
An entire chapter in the Quran is named after Mary mother of Jesus (peace be upon them both)
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Amberon11: 5:04am On Jun 17, 2017
Confusion
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 17, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Eisa is not the Jesus Christ of Christians. Isa or Eisa is a muslim guy that fit into Mohammed idea of how his jesus should be.

The same Mariam in the Quran is both the sister of Moses, Aaron and Mother of Isa. What an illiterate Mohammed!!

So the Mosque is still the shrine for Antichrist Mohammed worship.

Mohammed is same as Allah in the Quran....

Hmm true sha.
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by FMary(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Saifullah01:
An entire chapter in the Quran is named after Mary mother of Jesus (peace be upon them both)

Not just one chapter, Mary Mother of Jesus is the only woman named in the Quran and you find her name in several other chapters.
Re: Abu Dhabi Renames Mosque To ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’ by FMary(m): 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
.....and my soul rejoices in God my Savior

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Jesus Surprisingly Surfaced In Agbede {photo} / This Lady Was Healed Of Madness In Alaka Effurun Delta State. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 06/10/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.