Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,194 members, 7,903,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed (766 Views)

South East Leaders Converge On Enugu Airport To Witness Its Reopening / Atiku In Secret Meetings With APC Stalwarts - Authorityngr.com / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has said that President Muhammadu Buhari is fully aware and therefore, in support of the peace and conflict resolution meetings the Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo has had and will still have with the South-East and northern leaders over the recent hate speeches against Ndigbo.

The minister also said that there is “so much trust” between both men because the Acting President is daily in contact with President Muhammadu Buhari.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed gave the comment during a programme, Politics Today, on Channels Television.

Asked if President Buhari is in support of the meetings the Acting President is having with leaders of the North and South East amid growing tension in both regions, he said, “The Acting President is daily in touch with Mr. President so I am very confident that Mr. President is in the full know of what the Acting President is doing and there is so much trust between the acting president and the president. I don’t think there should be an area of concern at all.”

Recall that Professor Osinbajo had, Wednesday, met, in Abuja, with the leadership of Ohaneze Ndigbo, the five governors of the South Eastern zone and the leadership of the zone in the National Assembly and other stakeholders from the area following the eviction threat issued by the Arewa Consultative Forum and a coalition of Arewa Youths to all Nigerians of Igbo extraction living in the 19 northern states to vacate the region before October 1st, 2017.

The Acting President had in the meeting said that the Federal Government will not shy away from its responsibilities and vowed that the government would do everything within its powers to defend and uphold the terms of the nation’s constitution, which declares that Nigeria is ‘one nation under God.’

He had said, “I firmly believe that we ought to address these agitations and proclamations urgently and decisively. Burying our heads in the sand and expecting the storm to blow over of their own according is not option.”

He had therefore promised Ndigbo of maximum security wherever they lived in Nigeria.

Recall also that the Acting President had on Tuesday night meet with leaders from the northern states at the State house in Abuja over hate speeches and several agitation in the country. He had in that meeting cautioned that, “Every stone thrown in the market place will hit targets that are not even intended. We must address hate speeches that show intolerance and propose division.”

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/quit-notice-buhari-in-support-of-osinbajos-meetings-with-south-east-northern-leaders-lai-mohammed/

Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
Kindly assist me to beg stephleena to release me from her spell, anytime I see her moniker viewing the thread instead for me to comment I go look her dp thereby losing my first to comment...
@topic, The same president that Femi fani kayode told us he's dead is still in touch with Osinbajo, make lie Muhammad they lie they go...

1 Like

Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by smardray(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
A part of the little things i believe in life
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
Lie Mohammed, you are such a mystery.

At your age no iota of truth in you.

May God have mercy on you
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by okosodo: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
This man seems not to be giving up
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Bossontop(m): 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2017
undecided undecided
Wait sef....na only me no lyk dey hear dis guy niii

Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Kindly assist me to beg stephleena to release me from her spell, anytime I see her moniker viewing the thread instead for me to comment I go look her dp thereby losing my first to comment...
@topic, The same president that Femi fani kayode told us he's dead is still in touch with Osinbajo, make lie Muhammad they lie they go...

i dont believe FFK.

Buhari is still alive.
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Gfish: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hmmm, supporting president. Not surprieed
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy

maria43:
Lie Mohammed, you are such a mystery.

At your age no iota of truth in you.

May God have mercy on you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by wtfcoded: 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
4rm lai Mohammed?
No i can't take that lie.
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
DONSMITH123:

i dont believe FFK.

Buhari is still alive.

When last did you see him?
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

When last did you see him?
cheesy cheesy

I just spoke with Buhari on Phone. But please na beg i dey beg o. No call me Lai Smith
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by stephnie1(f): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
good
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
DONSMITH123:

cheesy cheesy

I just spoke with Buhari on Phone. But please na beg i dey beg o. No call me Lai Smith
Let's wait till Ramadan fasting end, its either they bring back the vegetable or they bring back the corpse
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by OsusuMustFlow(f): 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2017
lai again
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by SweetLove0(f): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
grin
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Let's wait till Ramadan fasting end, its either they bring back the vegetable or they bring back the corpse
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Omenkata: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
may Allah grant Buhari alajanah fura d'nunu masha Allah amin
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by DONSMITH123(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Escalze(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2017
lying liars
which Buhari are you talking about?
the dead has nothing in common with the living
Re: Buhari In Support Of Osinbajo’s Meetings With South-East, Leaders- Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2017
Triple L........Lai-Lawyer-Liar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Na only waka come.

(1) (Reply)

Fire Destroys Ex-military Ruler, Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (photos) / President Buhari Will Complete His Tenure... Osibanjo Confirmed / I Have Obtained Audio Tape Ordering Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1 –FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.