Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already (655 Views)

Using Your Simple Server Configured Android Device On Ur Pc Via Hotspot, / How To Break Partition In Windows 7 / How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already by lwise(m): 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2010
I just bought a new system but the guy that installd windows operating system on it forgot to partition the hard disk.I ve installed a couple of programs on it is thier anyway I can partition the hard disk without formating it.
Re: How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already by deji2009(m): 8:15am On Jan 25, 2010
lwise:

I just bought a new system but the guy that installd windows operating system on it forgot to partition the hard disk.I ve installed a couple of programs on it is thier anyway I can partition the hard disk without formating it.

Dear lwise,

Thanks for the above enquiry in making sure we give the right advice,
may i ask. why partitioning ? This enable me and my colleagues to pro
ffer resolutions. if you decided to go ahead simply use google to search
how to partition a hardrive and follow instructions. Good luck !
Re: How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already by DoubleN(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2010
Sure you can. There are a number of tools out there which are easy to use. Google up Acronis Disk Director.
Re: How Can I Partition A Hard Disk That Has Been Configured Already by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2010
Its always good to create a data partition other than the system or boot partition. This could be used for backups or like I usually do create my paging file in them. I assume you are using vista, you can shrink the system partition to a size of your choice without any third party software. Google 'shrinking on vista' for steps on how to create the other partition.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me / Get Paid For Promoting Products. I Just Did. Could Not Believe My Eyes! / Come And Meet The Gurus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.