Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,883 members, 7,952,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin (7142 Views)

Group Reacts To 48--hour Notice Given To Herdsmen To Vacate Enugu By MASSOP / Fayose Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos / Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Lushore1: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
Cooly100:

Thanks for the advise...let's just wait and see how all these advice will crystalize into...It's a step by step process....

Cool and good luck with your quest
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by rainylad(f): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lushore1:

Afonjas are not against your referendum, we are simply against your hate campaign especially since you still want to continue living and doing business in "Zoo". Direct your energy and pressure on your elected representatives to aggressively push for referendum to be included in "Zoo" constitution.

...Use your brains and think like humans for once...The point he is making which is flying over your head is you cannot order Igbos to leave while we are stuck with you as Nigerians...Let the country dis-integrate then you can other Igbos as 'foreigners' to leave..

..Afonjas must think like the humans they claim they are

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by dragonking2: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
I diligently read through your post. I will suggest you stop bringing wrong instances to buttress your ill point. I will like you to educate me if the Nigerians back then in the Britain called GB zoo, tell me if they wake up in the morning and praying for the death of the queen, and I will like to know if they wish Great Britain war or any form of calamity.

We Nigerians are tired of you people, we don't hate you but we want you leave. Pack your bag and leave our country.

Tommorow you go come talk say you love and want to marry ngozi123 undecided undecided
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
dragonking2:
Tommorow you go come talk say you love and want to marry ngozi123 undecided undecided

Don't pay him any mind. I've known that he was an Igbo-hater for a long time now.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
pazienza:

What hate campaign do you speak of?

They seem to think that calling people names constitutes as a "hate campaign" undecided. These people are so sensitive it's ridiculous. Just compare this so called "hate campaign" conducted by IPOB in the last few years to the decades of vilification and marginalisation that the Nigerian polity, particularly the North, has spearheaded against Ndigbo. Now that they're getting a tiny taste of their own medicine, they're crying foul. If we hated them anywhere near the way they hate us then these people would've declared war on us by now.

3 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
My love for Ngozi is unconditional and she has said it countless times that for her to be happy, she want Biafra. I think she will understand my point too. She is in love with her Biafra and I stand for Naija. Afterall, Pakistan and India do marry one another.

dragonking2:

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by pazienza(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ngozi123:

They seem to think that calling people names constitutes as a "hate campaign" undecided. These people are so sensitive it's ridiculous. Just compare this so called "hate campaign" conducted by IPOB in the last few years to the decades of vilification and marginalisation that the Nigerian polity, particularly the North, has spearheaded against Ndigbo. Now that they're getting a tiny taste of their own medicine, they're crying out foul. If we hated them anywhere near the way they hate us then these people would've declared war on us by now.

Those lots are despicable. Separating ourselves from them will be the greatest gift we can ever offer unborn Igbo generations.

6 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by dragonking2: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
My love for Ngozi is unconditional and she has said it countless times that for her to be happy, she want Biafra. I think she will understand my point too. She is in love with her Biafra and I stand for Naija. Afterall, Pakistan and India do marry one another.

SO indirectly you are telling ngozi123 to pack her bags and go right?
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:

Leave me alone.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ngo stop painting me black. You were here when am preaching peace and tolerance over every thread and what am getting from your brothers is " afonja Muslim " or " Almajiri " unity beggar. Even your brother " abouzaid " is not exempted. I repeat, I don't hate any tribe.

Ngozi123:

Don't pay him any mind. I've known that he was an Igbo-hater for a long time now.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
dragonking2:
SO indirectly you are telling ngozi123 to pack her bags and go right?

I'll gladly do so tbf grin.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
Ngo stop painting me black. You were here when am preaching peace and tolerance over every thread and what am getting from your brothers is " afonja Muslim " or " Almajiri " unity beggar. Even your brother " abouzaid " is not exempted. I repeat, I don't hate any tribe.

You are a tribalist and have been one for a long time. The reason why they were insulting you was because they, like most of us here, could see through your pretence. You don't just stop being a tribalist because you like a woman; it is ingrained within you.

Btw, Madridguy, leave abouzaid alone. He's got nothing to do with my problem with you.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
I cannot leave you alone Ngo, I love you very much.

Ngozi123:

Leave me alone.
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Ngozi123(f): 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
I cannot leave you alone Ngo, I love you very much.

Khilini li.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by Eastfield1: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
Techwriter:
Ok I call this IgboExit from the Brexit coinage. It is the desire of the Igbos to leave the Nigerian Union and form Biafra, but what Im about to talk about borders on the quit notice given to Igbos by Arewa Youths so they can inherit their properties. The misconception of somepeople about Biafra is that Igbos will leave Nigeria after the nation is formed. Far from that, Nigeria declare In dependence from Britain and there are still many Nigerians in Britain. But the topic today is about Uganda, someone wrote

In 1972, General Idi Amin, the Head of State of Uganda, ordered the 80,000 South Asians living in his country to leave, they had 90 days to comply and could only take $50 out of Uganda

Of the 80,000 Asians ordered to leave Uganda, 23,000 were Ugandan citizens whose parents had lived in the country even before Uganda became a nation. Indians first moved to Uganda in the 1890s to work in large railway and infrastructure projects. By the 1970s, they were leading in business and commerce. Before the expulsion, Asians owned many large businesses in Uganda. A BBC News report posted that the Indians owned 90% of Uganda businesses and accounted for 90% of Uganda's tax revenues.

Why did Idi Amin expel 50,000 Asians that gave him 90% of tax revenues?

Well he accusing them of "sabotaging Uganda's economy and encouraging corruption" in addition to "milking Uganda's money". The expulsion was in Idi Amin"s words a “deliberate policy to transfer the economic control of Uganda into the hands of Ugandans for the first time in our country's history.”

It was in effect a money grab by Idi Amin, according to a book by Jan Jorgensen titled Uganda : A Modern History, about 5,655 individual firms, ranches, farms, and agricultural estates even cars and televisions were reallocated by Idi Amin to selected beneficiaries, mostly individuals who whose only qualification to "inherit" these business was that they were Ugandan and friends of Idi Amin. This was an eradication of the Ugandan economic middle-class, with the express intent to seizure and transfer their wealth.

So the Asians left Uganda, most moved to the UK, some to Canada, US, West Germany, it was an exodus. What was Uganda loss became the gain of the nations that accepted the Asians. In 2012, David Cameron the British PM called the Asians from Uganda “one of the most successful groups of immigrants anywhere in the history of the world”, why? because they prospered and paid taxes in the UK.

What happened to Uganda? A working paper by the Maastricht School of Management examined the social and economic effects of the Asian expulsion from Uganda, the paper found and we quote...

"The Ugandan economy was devastated by Amin’s expulsion of the Asian community........The real value of salaries and wages fall by 90% in less than a decade. ........In retrospect, the expulsion put an end to Uganda's post-independence prosperity.....Investments dried up, exports declined, and per capita incomes fell continuously from 1973 (Asians expelled in 1972).

The working paper continues. "Thus, there were three main effects of the Asian expulsion:

1. Skilled managers were replaced by largely unskilled people, often drawn from the military and with little education;

2. The appropriation of their properties earned the country a long-lived reputation for lawlessness and property confiscation;

3. The manner in which former Asian businesses were acquired created insecurity of tenure, leading to asset stripping.

in summary, the expulsion of the Asians from Uganda was an economic disaster.

in 1985, President Yoweri Museveni, asked the Asian exiles to return to Uganda, some have. Now despite making up less than 1% of the population, the Asians are now estimated to contribute up to 65% of Uganda's tax revenues, in fact Uganda richest man, Sudhir Ruperalia, is an Asian. So the plan by Idi Amin to redistribute Asian property to Ugandan backfired, and today the Uganda economy is back in Asian hands.

Collective wealth it seems is created organically, deliberately and strategically. its cannot be expropriated from one group of citizens and handed over to different group of citizens.....no.

Those that forget history are condemned to repeat it.
True
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
I repeat am not a tribalist my Lolo. Stop seeing me the way your brothers painted me, I receive countless of insult from them everyday, they called me many names and all sort of of things is said. Even when you tried to keep mute they will stylishly you forced words out of your month.
I'm not pretending to have you, I love you and I want one Nigeria.

Ngozi123:

You are a tribalist and have been one for a long time. The reason why they were insulting you was because they, like most of us here, could see through your pretence. You don't just stop being a tribalist because you like a woman; it is ingrained within you.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
You're going no where.

Ngozi123:

I'll gladly do so tbf grin.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
And you careless about his utterance against Nigeria State?

Ngozi123:

Btw, Madridguy, leave abouzaid alone. He's got nothing to do with my problem with you.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by HiddenShadow: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
I repeat am not a tribalist my Lolo. Stop seeing me the way your brothers painted me, I receive countless of insult from them everyday, they called me many names and all sort of of things is said. Even when you tried to keep mute they will stylishly you forced words out of your month.
I'm not pretending to have you, I love you and I want one Nigeria.

So Afonja girls aren't enough for you again

haeeee, the person wey do you this thing na real wicked person
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
Permit me to speak in English so the person that dragged you here will be able to understand what we are saying. I know his plan and it's dead on arrival tongue

Ngozi123:

Khilini li.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2017
Please stay away from my mention

HiddenShadow:

So Afonja girls aren't enough for you again

haeeee, the person wey do you this thing na real wicked person

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by HiddenShadow: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
Please stay away from my mention

Lol

Fake lover

She won't accept you until you tell your senators and people to return the document of surrender to the UN and acknowledge the republic of Biafra
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow, I don't have the power now to talk to the senate but later in the future. I will try my best when I get to the senate.

Senate President in thy making. Wabilahi Taofeeq.
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

You want education? OK.
I'm aware of Nigerians that marched against great Britain, right on Trafalgar square demonstrating against the British apartheid government in south Africa. They were never deported nor even manhandled. Well if you're k, you must know the arewa threat of ethnic' mop up' or cleansing, or whatever played you people right into a dead end! I'm an Igbo in the north, and very happy to call your bluff. I can't be shooed away. I am here until the country is divided legally, and then I go to my own country. Until then I will continue to call out the northern criminals. I dare the arewa youth to carry out their threat. They know where to find us. Let me stop here for now.
And whats threat of the Atewa youths? Did it include visiting violence on the stubborn ibos who refuse to leave?
if ur answer is yes, pls show verifiable proof
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by newbornmacho(m): 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
And whats threat of the Atewa youths? Did it include visiting violence on the stubborn ibos who refuse to leave?
if ur answer is yes, pls show verifiable proof
What is the meaning of mop up Abi you didn't hear that part?
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by HiddenShadow: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2017
madridguy:
HiddenShadow, I don't have the power now to talk to the senate but later in the future. I will try my best when I get to the senate.

Senate President in thy making. Wabilahi Taofeeq.

Until then, leave her alone and look for your tribe's women

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by pureorganic: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

A referendum that gives birth to a new nation , followed by the Nigerian army withdrawing from my territories. Do that and if you see me here do whatever you like.
Thanks BOSS, I love the way you enlightened the Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by FriendNG: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
Techwriter:

you didnt read the post: asking for a country called Biafra is not demanding to quit from where they presently live. Britain didnt ask Nigerians and other Africans to leave their country because they asked for independence

We will not copy Britain rather we will copy Zimbabwe. Mugabe send those white parking and handed their properties worth billions to indigenes.

If you dream Igbos will continue to live and do business in Nigeria when Biafra is declared, then you need medical treatment on mental confusion.

CC

madridguy:
Let the IPOB leave our zoo or animal kingdom and go to their paradise.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by obailala(m): 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
Markfemi:

I think during the civil war Nigeria functioned properly and not a dime was borrowed so your exit won't affect west im certain
Can you provide any evidence to buttress this your point?... Can you provide any evidence to prove that Nigeria's economy wasn't devastatingly hit by the exit of Igbos from all over the country?.... It is commonsensical that any economy would be seriously hit if there's an exit of so many people who greatly contribute (and even form the life-blood) of trade, commerce, industry, real estate etc. The economies of even the almighty nations like USA or Great Britain would be hit if Nigerians living and working in those countries are ejected forcefully.

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by newbornmacho(m): 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
pureorganic:
Thanks BOSS, I love the way you enlightened the Nigerians.
Thank you my brother
Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by madridguy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol

FriendNG:

We will not copy Britain rather we will copy Zimbabwe. Mugabe send those white parking and handed their properties worth billions to indigenes.

If you dream Igbos will continue to live and do business in Nigeria when Biafra is declared, then you need medical treatment on mental confusion.

CC

1 Like

Re: IGBOEXIT: Lesson From The Quit Notice Given To Indians By Ugandan Idi Amin by LordOfNaira: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
Techwriter:

you didnt read the post: asking for a country called Biafra is not demanding to quit from where they presently live. Britain didnt ask Nigerians and other Africans to leave their country because they asked for independence

You are getting a lot of things wrong.

Nigerians living in Britain before independence were doing so legally (on visas as immigrants or as citizens). Should Igbos secede, a Biafran would only continue to live legally in Nigeria if he hasn't renounced Nigeria.

Also, stop comparing the case of independence to seccession. They are different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: ESN At Work As Fulani Herdsmen Are Sent Parking From Bushes In Ebonyi. / Speaker Abbas Hails Cardoso, Dattijo, Others' Appointments As CBN Gov, Deputies / Ndigbo Will Produce Nigeria’s President In 2015 – Ohaneze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.