Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,468 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:30 PM

APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell (1937 Views)

Kola Ologbondiyan: APC Should Consider Changing Its Name, Not PDP / What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics / APC Should Be Careful Of Atiku’s Supporters Who Didn’t Defect – Idahosa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 9:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Most times men think they are in control of everything on earth ignorant of the fact that man has the ability to plan, but only the will of the LORD almighty comes to fruition...

How could APC leadership would have imagined that of all the people pen down for such exalted position, the name Senator Bukola Saraki of All Progressives Congress emerged the Senate President of the eighth Assembly.

Is it because he agreed to work with Ike Ekweremadu of the Peoples Democratic Party as his deputy, or simply playing out divine dictates

Remember Saraki was the Chairman, Senate Committee on Environment and Ecology while Ekweremadu was the deputy to the immediate past Senate President, David Mark.

Many schools of thought have revealed that the PDP caucus at both the upper and lower houses of the chambers capitalised on the division within APC on who should become the senate president to lure Saraki into their side. Those are men permutations and rational reason of natural beasts... Does it disuse to the fact that it was ordained to be, we are watching...

It will be recalled that the APC had adopted Ahmed Lawan and Geaorge Akume as its senate presidential candidate and deputy presidential candidate respectively at the weekend before the election, a scenario Saraki and his supporters described as undemocratic.

In his protest, Saraki had to seek the assistance of two PDP governors from Southern part of the country who volunteered to bankroll the election for their colleague, the former Governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki.
Another strategy the PDP caucus used was to fill the senate hallow chamber early that morning with Saraki’s supporters while Lawan and his supporters were busy seeking the intervention of President Mohammadu Buhari to appease the aggrieved members of APC. Was it what worked for him to emerge as senate President? Keep guessing

Following the announcement of the Clerk of the House that the eighth assembly would be inaugurated by 9am that morning, the Saraki’s group with the support of the PDP members ensured their presence while the gate was closed against the Lawan’s group.
The Lawan’s group 51 of them were at the International Conference Centre, waiting to resolve the grievances within the two factions at the time Saraki was declared President.

As a matter of fact, as at the time the election was going on, some of the Lawan’s group were seeing rushing into the chamber. However all the 57 present senators unanimously voted for Saraki.

The next question will be, how would APC could have won the election with just 51 members on their side, why Saraki side had 57.. I doubt if they had given it a lot of thoughts​. I will tell you, all these infighting within the APC and its caucuses is the work of the flesh... They are just being mortal men as they are... The lord the most high God Almighty have already chosen the man to fill the gap in the red chamber, why disturbing your minds for a matter which have been settled in heaven and earth....

You know sometimes I wonder why men do not seek God's opinion before they embark on a serious venture... Men affairs are controlled from above.. He remove and installs anyone he wants, there is no questions to why and how because he is the all knowing all understanding and all deepest God Almighty who lives for ever.... One way or the other bukola Saraki would still have emerged​ as the senate President. you should remember that numbers were on his side. And politics is a game of numbers. If you must win any elective positions your vote must exceed that of your opponent..

Let APC forget about the fight to remove Bukola Saraki from his post and concentrate on giving Nigeria and Nigerians the dividends of democratic process and government.

Remember that APC had a running battle during the past Ondo governorship primary election and eventually got along and so why not mend fence with the current crisis.... These were Tinubu words after the APC Ondo Governorship primary election battle...

" According to him, from the party’s inception, the principles of democratic fairness and justice are to guide the APC’s internal deliberations.
He stressed that the party’s founders realized that it was only by fair dealing that the party could remain faithful to the progressive ideals that were presented to the Nigerian electorate as governing creed.
“If the party can not justly govern itself, it will find it difficult to establish and maintain just government throughout the nation,” he said.
The APC leader stressed that before now, the party was the embodiment of a democratic promise made between its members as well as a democratic vow made to the public.

Nigeria needs APC and APC need Nigeria and Nigerians....#freeSarakinow #fulfilmentofchangepromisednigerians@ now

Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by IBpaul(m): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2017
OP, u sleep well last night
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2017
Very well deserved
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by sarrki(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2017
@ op

Saraki is a natural disaster

Epidemic to global Peace
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Sarki Remember your name sake oooooooo

My own man

sarrki:
@ op

Saraki is a natural disaster

Epidemic to global Peace
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by sarrki(m): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Sarki Remember your name sake oooooooo

My own man

Lol

My person ow you dey ?

Saraki failed the youths of this country
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by Evablizin(f): 9:37am On Jun 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by ekensi01: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2017
That fraudster who is also a thief.

Time will come that people will not be concern with the government again. Example an election in Benue state, Kastina ala LGA Chairmanship only 91 people voted. Those people are just being stupid i really love that. cool cool

Like if you love that too.

1 Like

Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 10:20am On Jun 18, 2017
My man, Sometimes we don't understand everything and then later it will be very clear

I dey. How your end na

sarrki:

Lol

My person ow you dey ?

Saraki failed the youths of this country

Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2017
No they shouldn't
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2017
Saraki is a great Senate President in my book!

He is doing a fantastic job!

1 Like

Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by Appliedmaths(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
Before his emergence as Senate President, we saw it coming and I described Saraki's Senate as a "pending rouge nation."

Even the office of the presidency can't outsmart Saraki, the only rival to Saraki presently on the political sphere is Sheriff, Saraki would do what ever he wants to do and take a bow when he feels like.

I know the country is "gone", like literally gone in every sense of the word, but at times you cant help admiring a man like Saraki, history would describe him as one of the finest politician Nigeria ever had.
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by Appliedmaths(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
krendo:
Saraki is a great Senate President in my book!

He is doing a fantastic job!

Seconded!
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by mars123(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
Blessed are those who create opportunities for themselves where there seems to be none.

Yes I dislike Saraki but they didn't write SP or DSP on anybody's head. Anyone can aspire to any post in this country as long as one is qualified.

I think Nigerian youths have a lot to learn from that episode. Stop sitting, waiting for some godfather to give you what you can achieve with your own consistent work.

2 Likes

Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
Rise up
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good job
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 8:02am On Jun 19, 2017
Not
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2017
Yes they
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
The higher
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 4:21am On Jun 21, 2017
Not
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 6:55am On Jun 21, 2017
They shouldn't
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2017
Never
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
Never mind
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Yes lord
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 4:10am On Jun 27, 2017
Sarah
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 4:10am On Jun 27, 2017
Sarah m
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2017
They shouldn't
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2017
Of course
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 3:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Yes
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2017
Great
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
1339 Saraki
Re: APC should know that they are not in control of affairs of the nation, I'll tell by lightblazingnow(m): 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
1424 have

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Biafra Secret Service (BSS) / Rat is Trending On Twitter / Olusegun Awolowo: A Sunset At Noon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.