Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,664 members, 7,962,154 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:17 AM

Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? (782 Views)

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by blackcypha(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2010
Since theists beleive in a God,I want to know what is the intimacy of God?
I have asked moslems this question but they cudnt answer,I asked xtians some said they dont know,others said male cuz man was made after his image,
some said female cuz he gave birth to everything that exists, others said no gender cuz he is spirit.
I am a bit confused with the different conflicting answers, If God exists with no gender is it not better to start viewing
the concept of God differently from all this religious rationalisation?is it not better to see god as the "SUPREME FORCE WITH EMBODIMENT  OF THE TOTALITY OF ALL NATURAL/PHYSICAL/SCIENTIFIC  LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE?"
Pls I need answers from all moslem/xtian/bhuddist, etc
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by nijaprince: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2010
God is neither male nor female,He is not white, He is not black. God is God!
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 25, 2010
MASTER: "Does God exist"?

DISCIPLE: "Yes"

MASTER: "Wrong"

DISCIPLE: "No"

MASTER: "Wrong again"

DISCIPLE: "What's the answer?"

MASTER:  "There is no answer".

DISCIPLE: "Why ever not"?

MASTER:  "Because there is no question. If you cannot say anything about Him who is beyond thoughts and words, how can you ask anything about Him?"
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by blackcypha(m): 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2010
nijaprince:

God is neither male nor female,He is not white, He is not black. God is God!
please i need u to explain the meaning of ur response,
then why does the bible always ascribe HE/HIM when referring to God, and why do xtians call him heavenly father/daddy?
and why did christ say if u have seen me u have seen the father?
I need moslems and christians like ABUZOLA,IMAGE123 ,A.K.O, ETC TO RESPOND to the question.
imhotep:

MASTER:  "Because there is no question. If you cannot say anything about Him who is beyond thoughts and words, how can you ask anything about Him?"

dats a smart conversation, but does it mean that u r an atheist and the question is irrelevant based on your beliefs?
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by Ben13: 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
imhotep:

u try but didn't make me believe. . .
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by jagunlabi(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2010
blackcypha:

then why does the bible always ascribe HE/HIM when referring to God, and why do xtians call him heavenly father/daddy?
This is because the image of this entity we call "God" was presented in the bible from the male, patriarchal viewpoint.Men wrote all these things about god in the bible, hence the male gender was ascribed to the creator.
If women had written the bible, the creator would have been seen from a matriarchal viewpoint and thus get a female gender and become a "SHE/HER" . . . and probably the creator would have been less demented and bloodthirsty, but kinder, wiser and more loving . . . smiley
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by alariwo(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2010
blackcypha:

please i need u to explain the meaning of your response,
I need moslems and christians like ABUZOLA,IMAGE123 ,A.K.O, ETC TO RESPOND to the question.
dats a smart conversation, but does it mean that u r an atheist and the question is irrelevant based on your beliefs?
The truth is this there is a thinker and a prover in every man.You prove what ever you think.You think he is male, so he will be.You think otherwise, so he will be.YOU BECOME YOUR THOUGHTS.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by niceguy10: 1:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abu Zola where are you? The poster need you.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
jagunlabi:

This is because the image of this entity we call "God" was presented in the bible from the male, patriarchal viewpoint.Men wrote all these things about god in the bible, hence the male gender was ascribed to the creator.
If women had written the bible, the creator would have been seen from a matriarchal viewpoint and thus get a female gender and become a "SHE/HER" . . . and probably the creator would have been less demented and bloodthirsty, but kinder, wiser and more loving . . . smiley

Well said Jagunlabi . . .

MASTER (borrowing Aristotle): "In the quest of God, it would seem better and indeed necessary to give up what is dearest to us".

DISCIPLE: "I am ready, in the quest for God, to give up anything: wealth, friends, family, country, life itself. What else can a person give up?"

MASTER: "One's beliefs about God".

------------------
The disciple went away sad, for he clung to his convictions.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by blackcypha(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2010
jagunlabi:

i dont get it , u mean male folks r more demented and bloodier than females?so how can xtians/moslems say they believe in a deity
that writers of their holy books just decided to ascribe wateva gender they feel like?if u cant determine his sex doesnt it mean he is not a personality as these religions suggest?

alariwo:

The truth is this there is a thinker and a prover in every man.You prove what ever you think.You think he is male, so he will be.You think otherwise, so he will be.YOU BECOME YOUR THOUGHTS.
i dont buy dat grin grin
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by toneyb: 6:00pm On Jan 25, 2010
Most of the gods take the sex of those that invented them. . . .Most gods of African traditional religions are the peoples ancestors.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by blackcypha(m): 1:14am On Feb 04, 2010
so u mean jewish invented the God they serve and ascribed a he/him to their deity cuz dey wer
male chauvinists?
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by jagunlabi(m): 4:47am On Feb 04, 2010
Something like that.Have you observed how macho their deity is?He does not even have a wife, neither does he have a daughter.The entire family had to consist of males only, no females allowed.Quite self revealing.
blackcypha:

so u mean jewish invented the God they serve and ascribed a he/him to their deity cuz dey wer
male chauvinists?
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by jagunlabi(m): 4:50am On Feb 04, 2010
blackcypha:

i dont get it , u mean male folks r more demented and bloodier than females?
Yes.Millenia of fighting wars have driven the male species into dementia.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by Kay17: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
adam was created in our image, a lesser being was borne out of adam, thus god is male. ancient ignorance.
Re: Moslems/christians:WHAT IS THE intimacy Of GOD? by blackcypha(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
Kay 17:

adam was created in our image, a lesser being was borne out of adam, thus god is male. ancient ignorance.
ha ha ha ,

(1) (Reply)

Request For An Atheist And Christian Section! / The Concept Of Sin / Let Your Light So Shine Before Men This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.