Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,558 members, 7,905,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 07:15 AM

Nigeria My Country!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria My Country!!! (325 Views)

Writing The GRE Test In Nigeria: My Experience / SCHOOL| The Biggest SCAM In My Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria My Country!!! by nafama(m): 2:31am On Jun 22, 2017
OH NIGERIA MY COUNTRY!!!!
Oh Nigeria my country, a country ruled by politicians that are money hungry, oh a country ruled by politicians that put family first before the country, oh a country where the leaders lack focus and visions, oh a country where the people are concerned on who, what religion, and ethnic group that rule them, oh a country filled with corruption…………………………….. Oh my country my country is this what is expected of having Nigeria as a country instead of a nation? Or as a state instead of a nation? OH Nigeria my country a country flowing with milk and honey, oh a country of promise………...
I would rather suggest a solution that would help my country instead of criticizing my country, for if only the government will put this into consideration then we will be hoping to make a better and proud Nigeria.

TO THE GOVERNMENT A SOLUTION THAT MIGHT HELP
1) There should be massive improvement in the educational system; for education is the bedrock of every nation or country, no country experience development without education. When am talking about education I mean in every aspect of it.
2) Massive improvement in the health care system; it doesn’t make any atom of sense seeing our president or some Nigerians going out seeking medical attention thereby boosting the economic status of that country on medical bills, it will also go a long of giving the citizens of the country a sense of being catered for.
3) Massive improvement in the electricity distribution sector; if am not wrong the north alone can generate the whole country with steady electricity if only the government will take back their minds to harvest solar system in the north thereby having dual means of electricity production. For no country experience massive boost of economy without electricity.
4) The government should invest on tourism and involve in large scale farming; I don’t know if it is wrong for the government to involve in large scale farming but all I know is that if the government should involve in large scale farming it will go a very long way in boosting the economy, not only the economy but also employment opportunity and more food supply. When I say large scale farming am talking about the cash crop farming which will serve as foreign exchange thou I know it will be a long time investment but it will pay-out, for we are too dependent on only crude oil I guess the high time we start having multiple choices to our economy the better for us.
5) The government should take back its mind to sport for this also will help a lot; let the government invest in sport let there be upgrading in sport, more world class stadiums, more facility to improve sports we all see how the first world are flourishing in sports we can’t remain a third world forever.
All these few things I mentioned will only be achieved if we have a leader with the heart of Nelson Mandela, Barrack Obama and a lot of great leaders that put their country first above family and self-interest. Those are the leaders we need and I know even among the bad ones we have among our leaders there are few with a golden heart.
And to we the youth and the citizens as a whole let’s not be carried away by what state, religion, and ethnic group the person that is ruling us belong to instead lets be concerned on his plans and where he is taking the country to. We have no other land than these we are the ones to make it a better place to live not only to we, but to foreigners and above all to the generation unborn.
THIS IS NIGERIA THIS IS OUR IDENTITY!!!

(1) (Reply)

Four Popular Nigerian Misconceptions / Is Direct Entry Really Out / Let Talk About Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.