Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,635 members, 7,941,451 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You (555 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by Divepen1(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Let's see which of these people are legitimate.
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by royalads: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
yes. I got a writing job from a popular business blogger here on Nairaland years back. I got paid 90k a month while the contract lasted . And others like that. there are still genuine writing jobs here but they are few these days.
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by Divepen1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
royalads:
yes. I got a writing job from a popular business blogger here on Nairaland years back. I got paid 90k a month while the contract lasted . And others like that. there are still genuine writing jobs here but they are few these days.
Can you make a comment on the genuine ones. I want to make a thread on them
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by royalads: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
I am really busy preparing for my professional exams but I will try. funny enough that my former boss posted another writing job in another niche recently and people were busy mocking him. laughing in Chinese...
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by Divepen1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
royalads:
I am really busy preparing for my professional exams but I will try. funny enough that my former boss posted another writing job in another niche recently and people were busy mocking him. laughing in Chinese...
Thanks. It would be good to help writers.
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by Godmother(f): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2017
@ Royalads

You should mention his moniker so we know he's genuine. I don't think the people who mocked him meant to do so, they've probably been scammed before and that experience is never pleasant.
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by Divepen1(m): 7:34am On Jun 24, 2017
Godmother:
@ Royalads

You should mention his moniker so we know he's genuine. I don't think the people who mocked him meant to do so, they've probably been scammed before and that experience is never pleasant.
Thanks ma
Re: Has Any Of Nairaland's Writing Adverts Worked For You by mrphysics(m): 9:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Divepen1:
Thanks ma
Lol, they work. I have written for someone I met here and he paid well. I have also hired someone here and paid her too.
The problem is:
1. Some Nairalanders think that it's just copy and paste work. so they lift content and paste for you and when it gets rejected they say you scammed them. I haven't had such, the ones I have encountered, I work with screenshot to show them the plagiarism report.

2. When you contact them, they don't respond on time. you come here seeing adverts, send them emails, they won't respond. When you call them, they won't pick only to flash back. I was once discussing with a client on a job, I had one already so I wanted to pick it to give to someone, when I contacted the person, she couldn't pick up. I lost the gig only for her to come back flashing after 4 hours. I lost big money that day.

3. They are always afraid. They post adverts and when you contact them, they begin to fear. Asking how they would be paid. Should they be paid before doing the work? That you have been scammed does not mean everyone would be scammed. You will keep moving till you meet the right one. I opened a thread on the business section on February about my experience, someone used me till I met the real person. But now, I can hire people.

4. They don't take the work serious. Apart from plagiarism, getting good content becomes hard. Any rejection affects gig and you should know the impact of it on fiverr.

I have written a lot. OMG, sorry, I didn't intend to get this much. Lol

(1) (Reply)

I Can Write For You / We Keep Getting Better - Let's Write For You / Michael Pollan's Book - The New Science Of Psychedelics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.