Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion (2594 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Was Not Denied Visa By US - Winners Chapel / Bishop Oyedepo Denied Visa By US Embassy / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Nwachiizu(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
chemystery:
my own thoughts are man's thought but yours are god's thought....continue

Yea. I have the mind of Christ my friend...
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by chemystery: 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
luvmijeje:

Goodluck and wish me Goodluck too.
I wish you buhari
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by chemystery: 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nwachiizu:

Yea. I have the mind of Christ my friend...
in essence your ways and thoughts are same as god's?
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by analice107: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
chemystery:

What is fallacy here? Is it that christianity isn't the religion with most adherent or rastafarianism isn't the least?

Isn't the way to christianity broad that you can find a church or place of worship in every nook and crannies of every street in any part of the world?

Isn't the way to christianity so broad that you can't walk out of your street or even put on your TV in the comfort of your home without hearing people preaching or trying to invite you to their church?

Isn't the way to christianity so broad that every Tom, Dick and Harry is erecting even canopies as church with loudspeak positioned in 4 cardinal points to make sure every Tom, Dick and Harry listens and join the broad way to destruction?

Now tell me, is it that easy to join rastafari? Have you seen or heard of their place of worship anywhere in Africa? How many of their members have you seen all your life both in real life and on TV?

The road to christianity is too broad and many are just flocking in. People convert to christianity than any other religion in the world. This is evident from that portion of the bible that rastafarianism and not christianity is likely to be the true religion
Did the Bible say the way to Christianity or the way to heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by chemystery: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
analice107:

Did the Bible say the way to Christianity or the way to heaven?
Niether! It only says the broad way(christianity) leads to destruction, and the majority/many( christians) are taking that way

1 Like

Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Nwachiizu(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
chemystery:
in essence your ways and thoughts are same as god's?

Yes
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by 4lorunsho(m): 2:57am On Jun 25, 2017
adepeter26:

How did he quote out of context?
The Bible clearly said so
the bible says the word of God is not for private interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Godstraight(m): 4:36am On Jun 25, 2017
luvmijeje:
I'm only seeing 5 billions people that have not yet known about Christ or come to His knowledge
or burn to hell to the entertainment of your loving god
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Hier(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2017
chemystery:
According to Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

From the data below which enlisted all religion and estimated number of adherents, it is evident Christianity is the MANY the bible is talking about while Rastafarianism is the FEW

the post got me realli weak
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Hier(m): 7:36am On Jun 25, 2017
4lorunsho:
the bible says the word of God is not for private interpretation.

Yes bro, even a lame person should understand the contextual meaning of that verse
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by Hier(m): 7:50am On Jun 25, 2017
chemystery:
Which Christ? The one the Isrealites denied? The Isrealites are still waiting for thee same god of israel that you profess to to send their Messiah because Jesus didnt fulfil the Messianic prophecies while citing evidence and prophecies from the same bible that christians use.

Strangers now understands the history, people and god of israelites more than the israelites. It is like the whole of the world understanding and arguing Nigerian history against all Nigerians. Isn't that ridiculous?

Their denial of the truth doesn't change anything. Jesus did not come for the Israelite alone, John 3:16 said, for God so love the world, not the Israelite
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by oaroloye(m): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
SHALOM!

chemystery:
According to Matthew 7:13-14

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

From the data below which enlisted all religion and estimated number of adherents, it is evident Christianity is the MANY the bible is talking about while Rastafarianism is the FEW

WHY DID YOU STOP READING AT VERSE 14?

Did your BRAIN get TIRED?

Why didn't you KEEP READING, until you had THE WHOLE CRITERIA explained?

.   MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things
whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you,
do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets.
13. "Enter ye in at The Strait Gate:
for wide is the Gate,
and broad is the way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because strait is the Gate,
and narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life,
and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every Good Tree
bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a Corrupt Tree
bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot
bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree
bring forth Good Fruit.
19. "Every tree that
bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down,
and cast into the Fire.
20    Wherefore by their Fruits
ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one
that saith unto me,
'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into
The Kingdom of Heaven;
but He that doeth
The Will of my Father
Which is in Heaven.
22    Many will say to me
in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth Them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his house upon a rock:
25. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell not:
for it was founded upon a rock.
26 . "And every one that heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the sand:
27.  "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell:
and great was the fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the people were astonished
at his Doctrine:
29. For He taught them
as one having authority,
and not as the scribes.

THE WAY TO SALVATION IS NARROW, THE LORD SAID.

Only those who HEAR AND DO THE LORD'S SAYINGS are SAVED.

That is why you and your group will not be among the Saved, neither most "Christians" at this time.
Re: Even The Bible Denied Christianity As The True Religion by MuttleyLaff: 4:56am On Jun 26, 2017
chemystery:
Ask anyone to mention a rastafarian they start and end with few reggae musician.
Rastas are all over the world
Mentioning Bob Marley, is because he'll be easily recognised and acknowledged by most of the readership, if not all

chemystery:
That data you see there is from wikipedia and we can both deduce from it that ratafarianism is the fewest.
Your post falls flat on its face because the bible verses you referenced didnt suggest the ''fewest'' NOR imply a ''fewest''

Furthermore, the thread's title is erroneous because the bible hasnt termed Christianity to be a religion
The bible is very clear in what it defines and how it describes true and genuine religion to be

chemystery:
What other few are you seeing there that no one else is seeing?
The ones that didnt make the list, are the other few, others are seeing there, that no one else is seeing

chemystery:
And who told you rastafarians dont care for orphans and widows in their distress?
Ba-da-da-da
You're recognising and learning fast, that the milk of human kindness can transcend all divides

chemystery:
Such act don't even need religion to execute but empathy
The social responsibility and moral obligation of caring for orphans and widows in their distress is religion
Empathy precedes this true and genuine religion
Empathy births this true and genuine religion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. / Dealing With Evil Money (occult Money) / OMG!!! Nigerian Witches Caught On Camera Disappearing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.