Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,120 members, 7,939,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode (787 Views)

Imo Monachs Tell FG To Allow Nnamdi Kanu Come Home To Bury His Mother / Soldier Dances Zanku & Gbe Body: "I Can't Wait, Am Going Home To See My Mama" / Boko Haram/herdsmen: Ethnic Nationalities Regroup To Defend Territories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by eyesoflagos: 5:35am On Jun 24, 2017
LAGOS REMAINS HOME TO ALL TRIBES, NATIONALITIES – AMBODE
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/06/lagos-remains-home-to-all-tribes.html

Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode says he would not divulge efforts being made to rescue the kidnapped Lagos Model College students and end kidnapping in the state.
He believes the efforts would yield positive results.
Governor Ambode, who spoke in Ikeja when he received members of the Lagos State Council of Obas and Chiefs led by the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu.
Ambode also hailed the measures the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has taken to quell tensions generated by agitation from some ethnic nationalities seeking secession.
Oba Akiolu on his part stated the State were solidly in support of the peaceful co-existence of people in the country.

2 Shares

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 24, 2017
Lemme book space incase
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 24, 2017
Oba akinolu said whaaat? That one na agbero!
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Tolexander: 5:52am On Jun 24, 2017
Oba Akiolu on his part stated the State were solidly in support of the peaceful co-existence of people in the country.
Oba Akiolu,

Have you forgotten you once said you would provide an accommodation in the lagoon for a tribe to develop before the 2015 election?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by dingbang(m): 6:00am On Jun 24, 2017
Igbos are not some ethnic nationalities. He should address us with respect. After all we are a major ethnic group in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 6:06am On Jun 24, 2017
Agitation for where? Those who are already begging for unity and to stay in Nigeria . Those yeye people get mouth die!

I love Oba Akinolu.

The OP is mad , Ambode did not say Lagos is home to everybody. Igbos must leave !!!!!
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by vicadex07(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by 989900: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
[s]Igbos are not some ethnic nationalities. He should address us with respect. After all we are a major ethnic group in Nigeria. [/s]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by morbeta(m): 6:37am On Jun 24, 2017
My Governor.
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Victornezzar: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2017
chibuzorAbia:
Agitation for where? Those who are already begging for unity and to stay in Nigeria . Those yeye people get mouth die!

I love Oba Akinolu.

The OP is mad , Ambode did not say Lagos is home to everybody. Igbos must leave !!!!!
Afonja claiming 2 be an igbo using an igbo monicker
dey av insulted ur miserable life on d oda thread now ur here

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Victornezzar: 6:49am On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
Igbos are not some ethnic nationalities. He should address us with respect. After all we are a major ethnic group in Nigeria.
Not at all Bro
I think d yorubas av really tried......4 accommodating nonindegines in deir state alone
dey av tried.....infact na yoruba gal i go like marry grin
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Moreoffaith(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2017
I concur..

The more Lagos accommodate all tribe the more it develops.

The secret of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 8:22am On Jun 24, 2017
Victornezzar:

Not at all Bro
I think d yorubas av really tried......4 accommodating nonindegines in deir state alone
dey av tried.....infact na yoruba gal i go like marry grin

Dream on, who go dash you a whole Yoruba girl?

Yoruba girl no be moimoi o!
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by beberebe: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

You no happy say him wan marry your ugly sisters...
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 8:30am On Jun 24, 2017
beberebe:

You no happy say him wan marry your ugly sisters...

Una own full everywhere dey do olosho work. And albino skin no be beauty o! You hear?
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by wristbangle: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:

I am trying to see where he addressed SE people as claimed by you but I understand Ipobism poison has eaten deep into your soul hence the reason why you gave a moronic comment.
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by victorDanladi: 8:34am On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:

well,you don't portray yourselves as such.You are ordinary slaves to GEJ and Edwin clark.
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by alade112(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:

Chest beating like gorilla! No wonder Arewa Youth said you should leave there region What did you contribute to lagos that your are demanding for respect?
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Freemancipation: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2017
The future and sustainability of Lagos lies in the hands of those who pay business and corporate taxes to Lagos state government. With Lagos being the most indebted state in the nation, it needs its tax payers to pay back those debts and continue its development.

Now this is where the problem lies for Lagos. Who makes up its tax base?

If Igbos make up a significant amount of that tax payer base as I suspect, then Lagos government hands are tied in the future.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2017
Freemancipation:
The future and sustainability of Lagos lies in the hands of those who pay business and corporate taxes to Lagos state government. With Lagos being the most indebted state in the nation, it needs its tax payers to pay back those debts and continue its development.

If Igbos make up a significant amount of that tax payer base as I suspect, then Lagos government hands are tied in the future.

Rubbish, Lagos will replace the flatteessss within the blink of an eye!

Eko aromi sa legbe legbe!
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by beberebe: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

Una own full everywhere dey do olosho work. And albino skin no be beauty o! You hear?

Sometimes I wonder if you people are from the family of Cat and gorilla
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by alade112(m): 8:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Freemancipation:

significant amount you said? how many igbos do pay tax? So other tribes don't pay tax abi? Lol Dz false impression av been taken to another level. what a myth. we talking about multinational corporation you are talking about 2x2 shops that doesn't create job for the masses.
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Dainfamous: 8:57am On Jun 24, 2017
Freemancipation:

The state need tax revenue coming from all the shopping complex's and market's to keep Lagos going
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Victornezzar: 9:12am On Jun 24, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

my mom na 1
so don't worry ur self.....she would help me thru tongue
Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by gberra: 9:29am On Jun 24, 2017
Freemancipation:

Lagos has always been a revenue spinner even before your forebears stepped their pairs of foot on Lagos soil.
I think it's high time you left SW, enough of this bullsh!t.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Remains Home To All Tribes, Nationalities – Ambode by Freemancipation: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2017
Taxes and revenue doesn't come from thin air. It's is productive human beings and business within societies that pay them. If you think Lagos state can sustain itself without Igbo businesses paying taxes in Lagos, then tell Lagos state government to stop taxing them. Let's see if it is ghosts that will take over the taxes.

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigeria Ever Become Like South Africa? / See What A Policeman Did On Seeing Nnamdi Kanu Yesterday. / What Happens If Buhari Returns On The 5th Of August And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.